Day Trading Stocks & Futures

I think a while back, around the time of the crude fiasco, someone on Twitter put forth a pretty good argument about why, in specific situations, even some stocks can go negative!

All that needs to be done is make the opportunity cost of holding the stock so high, that people will even be willing to pay to get rid of the stock. In theory, but then who thought crude can go -ve, before it actually happened!

Last edited:

travi

For the index to trade -ve, stocks are let in and kicked out, so in theory, the entire NSE list of 1500-1700 should be -ve for top 50 index to be net -ve.
Crude is just singular commodity with cost of carry.

Reliance PP was hammered 3 days ago on some unconfirmed news.....now it is bouncing back....problem over ??

Ambaniji ki health thik ho gayi? :)
Jinhone becha unki health ka kya ?? Financial health to bigad gayi..........

When I heard the news, I searched the net and found that the gentleman was happily participating in a marriage celebration ( through internet )of someone close to him ......and the first reaction was a person undergoing life threatening illness, will he participate in marriage celebration ?? Obviously not...so the fear created was an opportunity to buy......