Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Raj232

I was searching for this excel file that I worked on some time ago.
The data was for 285 weeks. Bank Nifty movement from Thursday close to Thursday close was considered (Except for when Thursday was a holiday).

For example out of 285 weeks, it moved by more than 100 points during that weekly timeframe 240 times. On the right side instead of absolute movement, I considered percentage movement.

This data shows that the trade model proposed by you will not work on most weeks. View attachment 44834
Exactly, I agree with your point here.. it will work only when there is a big move possible. So last week the volatility was rising.. and therefore this could work.
However, this will not work every week. Also, most option sellers were in loss while volatility was increasing... you also would know that this cannot be happening throughout the year.. as option sellers make small but regular profits.

But if you can filter only for those weeks when there was increasing volatility (say around election time, etc) then you might get the results ..

Raj232

I will buy the entire option chain one lot each.. :facepalm:then i am completely hedged.:cool:
Dont buy it.. just sell it.. there will be at least 2 benefits:
1. you will surely be in profit
2. you can be called market maker.. then give me a high paying job in your company .:cool::cool:

Raj232

For aggressive traders it could have been great..

View attachment 44827
This is just an illustration on what is possible... i'm not saying all can do it or all should do it. !!! :)
Anyways, I traded many of these .. my order was sitting at approx 75 levels... and had another at 60 levels .. just in case of a dip...

As quantity was small, didnt really make a big money.. but sufficient for a couple of biryanis for the week and dawaa-daaru for the weekend. :DD:DD