Day Trading Stocks & Futures

midhoo

You are definitely looking to blame someone for your wrong placement of stops.
Have you done and MAE analysis of your trading system...... It will ensure you will get a proper place to position your stops.
Instead of blaming Zerodha, Operators, Ghosts and Demons for taking your stops for lunch, it would be better to do an MAE and MFE analysis
Can you please tell you mean by MAE and MFE ?

travi

There might be many larger players that could do it at exchange level rather than at broker level. But you need to pay a lot of money to get that data.
sumo bhai posted before i did. this topic is endless and a waste of time :DD

On a lighter note, you dont need exchange level anything and you dont need to pay a lot of money. ( though you should have alot of money to do it )
Its simple, large players have large stops, small has small stop. So keep moving mkt both sides larger than small stop 2X.

Small player has to turn this in his own favour, by being nimble which a large position cannot do.
By getting in and out more often if reqd, as iwillwin also wrote, small pos size and wider stop.
Lots of effective ways.

With ix fut, i will not have point stop, i will buy a slight higher delta in opp direction. so spurts dont make much diff. By EoD i can afford to loose decay also if nothing moves.

Last edited:

iwillwin

On a lighter note, you dont need exchange level anything and you dont need to pay a lot of money. ( though you should have alot of money to do it )
Its simple, large players has large stop, small has small stop. So keep moving mkt both sides larger than small stop 2X.
u can try with small quantity and use wider stops and target

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member

Its simple, large players have large stops, small has small stop. So keep moving mkt both sides larger than small stop 2X.

Small player has to turn this in his own favour, by being nimble which a large position cannot do.
By getting in and out more often if reqd, as iwillwin also wrote, small pos size and wider stop.
Lots of effective ways.

With ix fut, i will not have point stop, i will buy a slight higher delta in opp direction. so spurts dont make much diff. By EoD i can afford to loose decay also if nothing moves.
the 'operator' video is needed to be posted every day :p