Day Trading Futures

Status
Not open for further replies.

amandeep86

It helps to know what is the trend on larger timeframe...so that when you get a signal on small timeframe in direction of larger timeframe, it becomes high confidence trade.

Today the trend on larger and smaller timeframe was never down....if it had cracked 7710 or atleast 7770 then the uptrend would have got in question...but all along today it was look for buying opportunity. I fail to understand why people were expecting downtrend ( except our wishful thinking )...so today buy on all pivot highs, buy on dips day and the uptrend was never in threat till the close....

If someone shorted, then market crossing Thursday's top was the final warning to cover shorts and go long.

Smart_trade
Thats true da,

I remember on last wednesday (13 Aug) ,HTF was up and was trading with +ve biasness ,took all buy trades (Entry on Break of PH )but all failed since intraday minor trend was down for the first half .

At that point a though came that my biasness to long has let me failed to see the visual trend which was currently short .I would have saved 2-3 SLs if traded with neutral biasness or traded with short biasness ,although managed to cover my losses and closed in breakeven in the upmove by EOD.But lost a good earning oppertunity on that day due to prior biasness.

Also sometimes after a good upmove i sometimes expect a correction (as countertrend ) and sometimes becomes short biased which i mess out while trading.

Should these be treated and accepted as part of the system or their is a way out for such biasness

Thats true da,

I remember on last wednesday (13 Aug) ,HTF was up and was trading with +ve biasness ,took all buy trades (Entry on Break of PH )but all failed since intraday minor trend was down for the first half .

At that point a though came that my biasness to long has let me failed to see the visual trend which was currently short .I would have saved 2-3 SLs if traded with neutral biasness or traded with short biasness ,although managed to cover my losses and closed in breakeven in the upmove by EOD.But lost a good earning oppertunity on that day due to prior biasness.

Also sometimes after a good upmove i sometimes expect a correction (as countertrend ) and sometimes becomes short biased which i mess out while trading.

Should these be treated and accepted as part of the system or their is a way out for such biasness
Bias is fine but it cannot Veto the short term trend...while trading intraday short term trend assumes most importance.Bias does not mean we keep hoping against the evidence which market is showing us.

If you cannot trade with LT bias, then dont keep that in mind...but then your trades will be directionless....if you can handle both ways trades ( which is difficult ) then go for it...but it will be very tough.

ST

RAAMAKANT

“One way our brain helps keep us safe is to protect us from an awareness of our weaknesses.
The brain believes that it is better to be falsely confident than recognize the real risks.
This protective mechanism tends to work against us in trading.” -Kenneth Reid.

“One way our brain helps keep us safe is to protect us from an awareness of our weaknesses.
The brain believes that it is better to be falsely confident than recognize the real risks.
This protective mechanism tends to work against us in trading.” -Kenneth Reid.
Never mind, Ramakant, even best of the traders are out of tune with the market sometimes....happens...but tomorrow is another day..make the most of tomorrow.

Smart_trade

Status
Not open for further replies.