Commodities Newbie Here

1.Don't you think that the commodities market has become inactive since last 2 days as compared to what they were doing before that?

Especially the metals- Aluminium,Copper,Zinc etc.

What is the reason for this kind of behavior and when do you think they are going to revive again?

2.Is there any Inter-relationship between the performance of commodities and cash market from a day trader's point of view?

I mean to say are there times in a year when the cash market remains more or less inactive(giving rise to very small intraday ranges) while the commodities markets remain active( and vice versa)?

If yes, can you explain why this happens?

Thanks
I can see that today(19th july 2013) is expiry date for crudeoil,guargum,guarseed,steelrpr and sugarMkol.

Has this got anything to do with the inactivity?

ashu1234

I can see that today(19th july 2013) is expiry date for crudeoil,guargum,guarseed,steelrpr and sugarMkol.

Can't say about agri commodities but other commodities are doing good. Crude, natural gas, gold silver are pretty active and metals are a bit range bound but still give good swings from intraday perspective. Please explain what you mean by cash market(if you mean physical market then it is doing good as per my friends who deal in physical form of base metals).

VJAY

Crude has always active ...yes in morning session thoda thanda rahta hain....aise tho baarish ka din hain thanda tho rahata hi .....:rofl::rofl::rofl::lol:

ashu1234

Exactly! Do you have any answer why metals are acting like this since last few days? And when they are likely to revive again?

By cash market I meant stocks,Nifty and Nifty futures. So whats your answer now?
That's a million dollar question!!!
Have to wait and watch till they come out of consolidation, mostly i'm not that much bullish over metals, market have their own reason for consolidation.

Is there any Inter-relationship between the performance of commodities and cash market from a day trader's point of view?

I mean to say are there times in a year when the cash market(STOCKS & NIFTY) remains more or less inactive(giving rise to very small intraday ranges) while the commodities markets remain active( and vice versa)?

If yes, can you explain why this happens?

Thanks
You have left this part untouched :eek:

ashu1234

You have left this part untouched :eek:
No you can't co-relate the volatility of equity with commodities, but there were some instance where a short term co-relation can co-exist as I can remember some years back crude price movement was tracked and co-related with the movement nifty. Right now there is some co-relation with usdinr-nifty-gold. But my experience is that you can't conclude it.

ashu1234

Earlier crude was directly co-related with nifty, I can't give you the exact year but I have seen more than 70% correlation in the prices.

Right now International gold is inversely co-related with USDINR and USDINR is itself inversely correlated with Nifty(historical fact).

International gold
1.What is International Gold?
2.Which exchange is it traded in?
3.Can I trade in that?
4.What are the advantages in trading international gold over trading gold in MCX?
5.What is the price of international gold in terms of INR?
6.When you place the Intraday chart of a particular commodity from MCX and the intraday chart of the same commodity from the international market, do they look similar?

Lots of questions :confused:

Last edited: