Commodities Newbie Here

I found this link where intraday charts are available for Comex,Nymex etc.

http://www.marketwatch.com/investin...=50&lf=1&lf2=4&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&style=1013

But I don't know the proper symbols for specific scrips along with their expiry dates. :(

Please tell me the symbols for the International versions of the commodities that are equivalent to the commodities for MCX as below:
1.Aluminium(31 July),
2.Copper(30 Aug),
3.Lead(31 July),
4.Nickel(31 July),
5.Zinc(31 July),
6.Gold(5 Aug),
7.Silver(5 Sep) and
8.Crude Oil(19 Aug)

ashu1234

1.What is International Gold? Gold traded on NYCE, symbol=GCxx and on Forex, symbol=XAUUSD
2.Which exchange is it traded in?
3.Can I trade in that? Yes it is possible to trade in them, but there are legal hurdles, but indian traders do that
4.What are the advantages in trading international gold over trading gold in MCX? Gold prices are converted in indian rupees by multiplying usdinr rate and adding many complicated taxes, so there is no clear cut pricing of gold at mcx as gove it interfering a lot.
5.What is the price of international gold in terms of INR? MCX gold price, i'm surprised you put this question :)
6.When you place the Intraday chart of a particular commodity from MCX and the intraday chart of the same commodity from the international market, do they look similar? Yes they are similar when there is not much movement in USDINR pair, as you must know all commodities originally priced in USD

Lots of questions :confused:
I hope it solves the confusion for all.........:D

ashu1234

I found this link where intraday charts are available for Comex,Nymex etc.

http://www.marketwatch.com/investin...=50&lf=1&lf2=4&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&style=1013

But I don't know the proper symbols for specific scrips along with their expiry dates. :(

Please tell me the symbols for the International versions of the commodities that are equivalent to the commodities for MCX as below:
1.Aluminium(31 July),
2.Copper(30 Aug),
3.Lead(31 July),
4.Nickel(31 July),
5.Zinc(31 July),
6.Gold(5 Aug),
7.Silver(5 Sep) and
8.Crude Oil(19 Aug)
Best place to look for free charts is to go www.investing.com you will find all charts except allu, lead, nickel and zinc as they are traded on LME and you won't find it for free.

You may remember that I was concerned about the recent inactivity in some metals in the MCX..so I tried to figure out whether this same inactivity is apparent in their respective international versions too.

But as you say that both MCX and International charts of a particular commodity are identical, it indicates that there is no added advantage in trading international commodities than trading them in MCX.

When active, both MCX version as well as International versions will be active and when inactive, both both MCX version as well as International versions will be inactive. Thats what my thick brain can conclude. Please correct me if I am wrong.

ashu1234

You may remember that I was concerned about the recent inactivity in some metals in the MCX..so I tried to figure out whether this same inactivity is apparent in their respective international versions too.

But as you say that both MCX and International charts of a particular commodity are identical, it indicates that there is no added advantage in trading international commodities than trading them in MCX.

When active, both MCX version as well as International versions will be active and when inactive, both both MCX version as well as International versions will be inactive. Thats what my thick brain can conclude. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Right, but given a choice i'll trade on international market, but for trading base metals our market are fine for other commodities definitely international markets are better.

Right, but given a choice i'll trade on international market, but for trading base metals our market are fine for other commodities definitely international markets are better.
And may I know why you prefer international market for commodities other than the base metals?

When active, both MCX version as well as International versions will be active and when inactive, both both MCX version as well as International versions will be inactive.
Isn't the above quote true for commodities other than base metals?

ashu1234

And may I know why you prefer international market for commodities other than the base metals?

Isn't the above quote true for commodities other than base metals?
Heavy operating costs, usdinr adjustments, heavy margin etc which I have mentioned in fxcommodities thread. Because of heavy volatility of usdinr prices have moved on mcx almost inversly like positive in comex and negative in mcx up to 1% or more in some commodities.

Heavy operating costs, usdinr adjustments, heavy margin etc which I have mentioned in fxcommodities thread. Because of heavy volatility of usdinr prices have moved on mcx almost inversly like positive in comex and negative in mcx up to 1% or more in some commodities.

1.Are you already trading in international commodities?

2.Are you trying to say that the base metals don't face the problems of Heavy operating costs, usdinr adjustments, heavy margin etc ?