Commodities Newbie Here

ashu1234

Please look into the 2 attachments. They are the screenshots taken after the CDS mkt closed, i.e, after 5 PM.

I am surprised to see that the LTPs for the 4 currency pairs (closing prices in this case) doesn't match for zerodha and Indiainfoline.

Can you explain the discrepancy?
Also, please tell me who is correct? zerodha or IIFL?
Well its not fishy, coz the difference is minor and it is possible in different terminals as its LTP. If you really want to compare , then check it in real time if there's any difference in LTP. And I guess zerodha terminal has direct feeds from the NSE and in case of India Infoline terminal there may be some delay as the rates are from India Infoline broadcast server which combines all three segments and relay it to its trade terminal.

There is a Free seminar on Advanced technical Analysis and Trading metholodogies on 22/06/2013 at 10 am followed by lunch at Bangalore. Anyone interested can register on 9986334040/ 9986332020

Well its not fishy, coz the difference is minor and it is possible in different terminals as its LTP. If you really want to compare , then check it in real time if there's any difference in LTP. And I guess zerodha terminal has direct feeds from the NSE and in case of India Infoline terminal there may be some delay as the rates are from India Infoline broadcast server which combines all three segments and relay it to its trade terminal.
This is a more basic question and shd hv been asked earlier..

Do you prefer the commodities market over cash/fno/currencies? if yes ,why ?

ashu1234

This is a more basic question and shd hv been asked earlier..

Do you prefer the commodities market over cash/fno/currencies? if yes ,why ?
I'll prefer commodities over others anyday.
Reason being:
Equities(cash) are good for long term investors, being the buyers only market its most suited for that purpose only. Learning curve of equity is complicated and vast, to understand fundamentals and cycles of equities requires too much time.
FNO takes too much capital, still has low liquidity in option chain, and taking position in next or far month contract is nightmare, requires too much capital, option strategies also takes up too much capital and trading in option is to the disadvantage of retailers.
Currencies: Its good to trade currencies, but structural problem is that major events which took place in currency pairs took place after our exchange is closed, so it puts our traders to a great disadvantage, I wish if they are allowed to be traded just like commodities i.e up to 11.30 pm, they will be wonderful instrument to trade. Its a liquid market so its good to trade, but in india its yet to mature.
Commodities: Internationally traded commodities are the most liquid assets and therefore technicals works best here. Totally depend on demand and supply and its cyclical so tracking fundamentals is a bit easy and reduces the learning curve in comparison to equities. Larger trading hours gives more time to play swings and opportunities for jobbers/scalpers. Still our market is evolving but as I have tracked both the markets (with fa and ta) ease of understanding and trading is more in commodities than equities.

ashu1234

Yes, extended hours will give you more intraday swings, as we are the only market to price in impacts of China, Europe and US and further open to trading on Saturday as well :D

ashu1234

hi i m new hr ...how to invest in gold? i really dont know about trading?
Don't invest in gold, it has got serious fundamental problems. I and some other traders are continuously warning to stay away from gold. You can check some of my previous thread for views about gold.