!!! Beware Illegal AmiBroker Users !!!

pannet1

Sidetracking the issue into infructuous discussions like 'Best Platform' etc is the customary tactic, as usual ..............

That is not the issue in question .........

Simply put ....... Amibroker is a software product

If YOU find that it is useful/ helpful to YOU in YOUR trading/ investment process and you'd like to continue to use it well beyond the (fairly generous) trial period ....... then it is incumbent upon YOU to purchase the product!!!

If YOU find it not to be useful ........ If YOU find it to be useful but the cost of the product is not to YOUR liking OR YOU are not capable of affording it (Despite the fact that its a one time payment of a reasonable amount, as opposed to recurring expense in comparison to many other platforms out there) due to you present situation (maybe the currency conversion for your region puts you at a disadvantage) ........ then move on to a platform/ product which YOU find to be better suited to YOUR requirement and situation!!! Whether Amibroker is the best platform out there OR not has NO bearing on the issue!!! And nobody is twisting your arm into using it under duress!!!

Even though its an acknowledged fact that Tomasz is one of the finest Code Architects (a CodeSmith, if you will), of current times ....... his capability OR alleged lack of it is besides the point!!!!

Whether Tomasz directed his energies into making his product better rather than waste time and effort into making it more secure ....... Whether YOU for the purpose of progressing your skills in cracking due to an interest in the subject were able to crack the product is besides the point!!!

Whether Tomasz is ..... OR is not a billionaire is besides the point. He has got where he is now without asking YOU to show him the way!!!

Such besides the point statements are categorized as being willfully disingenuous!!!

The point is ........ that for him - the creation, provision and betterment of the product to people who may find it useful is a means of earning his livelihood!!! And YOU are taking that away from him and his family by stealing/ piracy!!!

Think about it!!! How would YOU feel towards someone who did the same to YOU & YOUR family!!!

That's incorrect!!! The service and support is very much available for legitimate, registered Indian users of the software. The support for illegitimate Indian users was constrained to be discontinued because -

- Not only most of these users claim to be trial users but shamelessly demanded FREE service & support (read free coding freebies) even months beyond the date of expiry of trial subscription, wherein it would be readily obvious even to the meanest intellect that they were falsely continuing to portray themselves as trial users!!! :rolleyes:

- Not only most of these users were the kind who were not bothered to put in any effort in making themselves proficient with the usage of the software but they were also the kind who were completely bereft of basic forum ethics & etiquette and would think of nothing of barging in on unrelated threads with their illiterate demands without even bothering to resort to a search!!!

- In addition, most of these users appear to harbour the false belief that perceived anonymity on the net gives them a licence to conduct themselves in an obnoxious and ill mannered fashion in forums!!!

Is it any wonder then???!!!

I wouldn't care to tender an opinion whether these tendencies are the hallmark of the larger percentage of population in India!!! BUT it is a fact that such people have led to the situation of Indians being treated largely with contempt in forums the world over!!!

And this does queer the pitch for the people here who want to do the right thing!!!

So .........
Ok fine.

I tell my license key and then get support from Ami. Thats fair. Pirating is as good as stealing. But Ami should not produce a code that is crackable.

MX Linux is my primary operating system. Is there any Desktop Trading System that works on Linux or even Windows emulator like W.I.N.E for example. I really dont want windows but i am compelled to use it.

CougarTrader

The pirated copies of windows are wider known to Microsoft also and companies sometimes do the same for wider publicity of S/W and reach to end users.
I really dont want windows but i am compelled to use it.
Had their being no piracy, their would have been no Windows. The poorest of humans would be using Firefox, LibreOffice, and GIMP as their default software and not Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office, or Adobe Photoshop. Microsoft’s ecosystem of software would have been much smaller, so many corporate systems today would be upgrading their legacy systems from old Ubuntu LTS 12 and Ubuntu LTS 14 to LTS 16 instead of Windows 7 to 10.

PIRACY NEVER HELPS! IT ALWAYS RICOCHET RIGHT BACK AT THE USERS....

For every S/W product of Microsoft, Adobe, etc.. there exists a pirated copy. So who controls the lives of users? Obviously Microsoft, Adobe! Had there been no piracy, we would have been controlled by the open-source collaborations instead of these giant corporations - that was the real purpose of IT - to serve mankind! Not to feed corporations! But look what we have made of ourselves........

PIRACY NEVER HELPS!

Microsoft could take the risk as it evolved to become a corporation with 100k+ employees. Whereas, AmiBroker is a result of an individual's sweat, who choose to share it with the retail world instead of opening his doors for the corporate clients only.

Big Corporation can riochet back at piracy by controlling users' lives. Individual software authors can riochet back at piracy by implementing embargo.

Best platform well u need to come out of your so called tub and see ocean
"Best Platform"?
Keep AmiBroker in one hand and keep remaining trading applications available to Retail on the other. Before trying out AmiBroker, I had devoured Meta, Ninja, TS, eSgnl and FoxT. I found peace at AmiBroker! Why? Needless to mention, apart from AmiBroker all of them charge a hefty monthly subscription. Secondly, as long as a trading system is logical and programmatically comprehensible, the freedom to construct anything is easily possible in AmiBroker. Thirdly, its blazing speed (thanks to vector processing), efficient polymorphism, flawless multi-threaded execution. Can any other application provide high-speed Optimization, Monte-Carlo simulation, Backtesting, Scans, all at same-place like AmiBroker. I doubt that! And at the same price in which you can get AmiBroker..... huh!

For your reference there is 1000+ pages long AmiBroker's User Manual (which is available for free at Amibroker.com). Can you share a user-manual of any other application like that of AmiBroker's?

Provided an individual allows himself (or herself), the time, discipline and sanity - even a non-programmer can construct strategies using AFL. It's that of an unique high-level language!

"tub and see ocean"
You seriously need to check the reality - who is in a "tub"? AmiBroker is the ocean! Don't make shameless, disrespectful, disgraceful, naive assumptions.
BWt ami was never best software haha
AmiBroker needs brain and time, i.e. creativity. Nothing to prove, reality is in-front of you... You can't see because you are using unfair means.
else tomaz himself be billionaire proves my point
Billionaire or not - irrelevant in this context! But remember while you point one finger at others (in this case even unrighteously), more than one finger is pointed at yourself!!!
And only person elligible to call me ungrateful baskets is person that don;t play stock market
Hope, this arrogance does not kill you! Market makes a true trader humble. You have already showed the World, what you are....
Imagine a car manufacturers who does not provide after sales service to their indian customers just because many indians stole their car.
This is a false acquisition. I have tried and tested AmiBroker support in ways you can least imagine. AmiBroker's support and the lovely Community has stood-up and helped me tremendously without any discrimination.

It's a different thing, if one fails to articulate properly or express correctly because of the language barrier or any other XYZ reason - he/she must not be feel abruptly. The AmiBroker Community is made up of very good, smart, grateful intellectuals and is always eager to help!!! That's the reality, try and see for yourself!

P.S. I am a commoner from India who pays tax, Day-Trades, invests heavily in Mutual-Funds/ETFs. A legal user of AmiBroker and need it daily. I have no affiliation with AmiBroker. Just that, being an Indian it hurts to read such reckless atrocities.

Pray not to see the day when use of AmiBroker gets prohibited in India!

Stop being pretentious!

Please don't be a joke in-front of others.

Mark the words.... This is really getting serious.... Stop! Please!

Its surprising how we openly saying stealing is ok. When you don’t steal food, same goes for amibroker.

Levi doesn’t make good jeans, lets steal it?

Atleast pay up when you start earning profit...
First thing, I've never used any cracked version of Amibroker, & don't wish to recommend it to anyone BUT software-piracy is far from "stealing" because when you steal food or any other PHYSICAL thing, other people can't use it, for instance, if I stole all of your food or all of your money, you wouldn't have access to it whereas someone using a pirated copy of a software or any non-physical thing doesn't block others from using it. Now, I do understand the desire of software-developers to want to be paid for their work but still, the point is that software-piracy isn't the same as stealing. I have mixed feelings about how intellectual property should be handled because it does pose some interesting dilemmas on a philosophical level. Nonetheless, following is an interesting video on the subject of intellectual property -

against_tides

Sure!!! You can ask for it back from Tomasz, since you seem to be labouring under the impression that its in his possession!!!

You know ....... I did happen to mention sometime ago ..... something about being ......
willfully disingenuous!!!

:)
What a selective interpretation...how do you know I use or don't use amibroker..
The guilt is within us...
I was just thinking everybody is getting what was rightfully their so I asked for my kohinoor.. :)

Last edited:

KAL.YUG

Yaar hamaaree baat suno aisa ik beimaan chuno
Jisane paap naa kiya ho, jo paapee naa ho​

Koyee hai chaalaak aadamee koyee seedha saada
Hamme se har ek hai paapee thoda koyee jyaada

Ho koyee maan gaya re, koyee ruth gaya
Ho koyee pakada gaya, koyee chhut gaya​

Yaar hamaaree baat suno aisa ik beimaan chuno
Jisane paap naa kiya ho, jo paapee naa ho​

Iss paapan ko aaj saja denge milkar ham saare
Lekin jo paapee naa ho woh pahala patthar maare
Ho pahale apane mann saaf karo re, phir auro kaa insaaf karo

Yaar hamaaree baat suno aisa ik naadan chuno
Jisane paap naa kiya ho, jo paapee naa ho.

against_tides

we all have studied ki wasco de gama bharat aaya...

did someone studied that he burnt all the arab and indian trading ships which were visible from his ship en route..this includes killing the sailors(info for the ignorant well behaved) just to get a better price at port...

no..why..because we are still slaves driven by our masters....never learnt anything from history..getting screwed every time and still asking...maalik..koi kami toh nahi reh gayi