Best ATS Provider in India

Best ATS Provider ??

• Total voters

alroyraj

I have seen many online all with varying prices. Not sure which ones are enhanced as pkgmtnl bhai said they all are copies of each other by and large. There is one by true data.in in this they have trading from charts. This feature was available in zerodha pi with its own platform which has stability problems since it's in beta release. So for tdi, the prices are something like 3500rs per month for the plugin. Data to amibroker is provided at 700 for fno plus equity. Some history this provider has had earlier here even so not sure on the merits of this product to be honest.

Hi!

Latest offering from Symphony-Compositedge for Ami broker users

We have launched PrestoEazy strategy for Entry level AMI Broker Users at a License Fee of Rs. 1000/- per month

Every User will get FREE one week of Paper Trading if he is subscribing for Live for One month so that he is comfortable with it before going Live. It includes FREE AMI Broker Data Feed.

Cheers!!

pkgmtnl

Hi!

Latest offering from Symphony-Compositedge for Ami broker users

We have launched PrestoEazy strategy for Entry level AMI Broker Users at a License Fee of Rs. 1000/- per month

Every User will get FREE one week of Paper Trading if he is subscribing for Live for One month so that he is comfortable with it before going Live. It includes FREE AMI Broker Data Feed.

Cheers!!
Plz to share more details and few snapshots.

thanks

Hi guys,

I guess there is a lot of mis information and also a lot of clarification and I thought I must get active and contribute here.

I think the basic query is about cost.

To be honest, I think cost is a very big concern for traders especially on the retail side. So one has to look at the costing of any product right from a Algo software costing even 2.5 lakhs per month to as low as free of cost.

It is all about utility.
Puneet

Strangest thing is that whatever the providers say, is all rounabout ways. I think Chaand dekh kar joota maarte hain ;-)

Let's come to the system.

1. Execution...Brokerage/Transaction Cost et. el. I am using Zerodha...there may be fixed monthly cost discount brokers who would suit better to scalping etc
2. Platform. What is needed is an OMS that can forward orders to one or more Discount Broker, maybe even with smart routing knowing about costs, prior leg execution etc. One which can have algo trading, automated/semi-automated built-in but can also accept orders from multiple platforms like Ami, Ninja, Metastock or even direct C#/Python coding, mostly socket work. Here what most people offer is tied up broker with higher costs on transaction & brokerage and mostly Ami. What they don't realize is that if one is trading on even a medium ticket, the only prob may not be cost, but freedom too.

And pricing is expensive when one compares with vendors abroad and considering that whatever system one adopts initially one would not be able to utilize it fully initially for a year or six months, so vendors need to have a tiered pricing with newbie discounts built-in.

I have been looking to build a proprietary trading desk, mostly for scalping & arbitrage for last two years now and definitely cost is not the highest priority, but freedom & expansion and no vendor lock-in, at least from brokerage & analytical app point of view. And all one gets is that its doable but with our partner restrictions. That...I don't get, so trading remains a hobby despite having trading capital! and I dabble on the terminal during my work hours, if I am free ;-)

Your view?

Rgds.
Sanjay.

Puneet

Strangest thing is that whatever the providers say, is all rounabout ways. I think Chaand dekh kar joota maarte hain ;-)

1. Execution...Brokerage/Transaction Cost et. el. I am using Zerodha...there may be fixed monthly cost discount brokers who would suit better to scalping etc
2. Platform. What is needed is an OMS that can forward orders to one or more Discount Broker, maybe even with smart routing knowing about costs, prior leg execution etc. One which can have algo trading, automated/semi-automated built-in but can also accept orders from multiple platforms like Ami, Ninja, Metastock or even direct C#/Python coding, mostly socket work. Here what most people offer is tied up broker with higher costs on transaction & brokerage and mostly Ami. What they don't realize is that if one is trading on even a medium ticket, the only prob may not be cost, but freedom too.

And pricing is expensive when one compares with vendors abroad and considering that whatever system one adopts initially one would not be able to utilize it fully initially for a year or six months, so vendors need to have a tiered pricing with newbie discounts built-in.

I have been looking to build a proprietary trading desk, mostly for scalping & arbitrage for last two years now and definitely cost is not the highest priority, but freedom & expansion and no vendor lock-in, at least from brokerage & analytical app point of view. And all one gets is that its doable but with our partner restrictions. That...I don't get, so trading remains a hobby despite having trading capital! and I dabble on the terminal during my work hours, if I am free ;-)

Your view?

Rgds.
Sanjay.
Hi Sanjay

I guess brokerage is largely a negotiation issue in terms of what suits both the broker and a client and in all likelihood would be driven by revenue.

With respect to vendor lockin...I would suggest that it is more to do with stability....imagine that ur likely to run positions worth crores and if the vendor is not stable u put lot of things at risk...if vendor is stable...then really it shud not matter....

Anyhow...today no vendor is prohibitively expensive is one is going to run a meaningful book

Hi Sanjay
I guess brokerage is largely a negotiation issue in terms of what suits both the broker and a client and in all likelihood would be driven by revenue.
That's always the case, between any two parties.

With respect to vendor lockin...I would suggest that it is more to do with stability....imagine that ur likely to run positions worth crores and if the vendor is not stable u put lot of things at risk...if vendor is stable...then really it shud not matter....
Question is not stability. I guess all good brokers would have a stable platform, minus a few one would have to shed from experience. Question is of suitability. Not everyone offers the same. I trade a bit with Interactive Brokers....ATS is the best in retail BUT for cost, difficult to implement strategies here, I have recently started with Zerodha....ATS via Pi works BUT try a strategy with multiple orders due to scale in, say one add-in order for every point in green and soon Zerodha's low-cost benefit starts looking less attractive.

I imagine similar probs with most brokers. What is needed is an OMS that does no fancy graphics but is a fast & smart routing system, with maybe a screen for semi-automatic, which can be bypassed with due permissions BUT capable of adding data adapters & trader adapters and the problem is solved. One need not shift systems while trading with multiple brokers or while change over from a broker to another.

There are similar other differences between brokers, say of native order types...one may support bracket orders natively or provide a smart large order execution algo, another may not and require you to simulate the order type in your trading script.

Anyhow...today no vendor is prohibitively expensive is one is going to run a meaningful book
Why not quote some numbers here, or in a new thread. Cost of System, Summary of facilities provided, Minimum Trading capital required (with not excessive returns) to afford. Start from a small part time trader to small prop trader, large prop trader etc. Go through normal client, dealer, dealer with ctcl, direct exchange subscriber.

I think it would be useful or at least be educational.

mastermind007

That's always the case, between any two parties.

Question is not stability. I guess all good brokers would have a stable platform, minus a few one would have to shed from experience. Question is of suitability. Not everyone offers the same. I trade a bit with Interactive Brokers....ATS is the best in retail BUT for cost, difficult to implement strategies here, I have recently started with Zerodha....ATS via Pi works BUT try a strategy with multiple orders due to scale in, say one add-in order for every point in green and soon Zerodha's low-cost benefit starts looking less attractive.

I imagine similar probs with most brokers. What is needed is an OMS that does no fancy graphics but is a fast & smart routing system, with maybe a screen for semi-automatic, which can be bypassed with due permissions BUT capable of adding data adapters & trader adapters and the problem is solved. One need not shift systems while trading with multiple brokers or while change over from a broker to another.

There are similar other differences between brokers, say of native order types...one may support bracket orders natively or provide a smart large order execution algo, another may not and require you to simulate the order type in your trading script.

Why not quote some numbers here, or in a new thread. Cost of System, Summary of facilities provided, Minimum Trading capital required (with not excessive returns) to afford. Start from a small part time trader to small prop trader, large prop trader etc. Go through normal client, dealer, dealer with ctcl, direct exchange subscriber.

I think it would be useful or at least be educational.
Sanjay

Sounds like you need NinjaTrader

Raj232

Puneet

Your view?

Rgds.
Sanjay.
Zerodha has serious stability issues. Anything that Zerodha provides is at an additional cost e.g. Pi-Bridge plug-in etc is Rs 500 + taxes per MONTH. They claim big things about auto trading, but the best that Zerodha has to offer to retail traders is semi-automated alert generation that is done by Amibroker software for free.

Zerodha should be able to trade the alerts, NOT just display generated alerts in a Window page.

Once the trader realizes that Zerodha is only for a newbie or college goer, the trader obviously moves other more stable and professional brokerage houses... rather than stay with a discount broker having nothing much to offer in terms of technology.