Beat this one..!!

VJAY

Dear ankit,
where is your method ?means rules :)...I not seen it in this thread ....
are you trading it live now or only produced this report?...

jallanankit

Dear ankit,
where is your method ?means rules :)...I not seen it in this thread ....
are you trading it live now or only produced this report?...
Hii VJAY..

The rules are not posted in the thread as of now.. I have developed the system over time and these are backtested reports.. I am trading the system from this month of july..

jallanankit

hello all..
I have programmed a profit booking condition in the system..some benefits of it..

Merits
1. The system will not always have a position to be carried at EOD
2. The system will no more be a Stop-and -Reverse system (SAR)
3. Profit booking on some levels may allow profits to be booked at almost the HIGHEST points of the day..
4. Consistency of returns has been checked over the back-tested period...
5. The best part is the profits in 6 months has increased to 6700 points in the 6 months as compared to 5500 points from the earlier back-test...average profits moving to 1100 points...

Demerits

1. Mid-way profit booking, though defined by the system will at times pull us out from a strong trending market.. We will not be riding thee wave all the long..I plan to program that as well in coming days.. As of now, that is not included in the current back-test.. But hope to do it soon..!!

Despite the demerit covered above, if the consistency has been maintained and an increase in returns is seen, we can accept it, I believe..

VaibhavPRO

Hi..!!

As my understanding with Amibroker goes, I can say that ur system happens to be a kind of scalper.. The one having a good STRIKE Rate with good returns.. It has ~600 trades in 6 months meaning 100 trades a month or 5 trades a day on an average on a 12 min chart..

U happen to say that u trade a 5 min chart..with my little experience I will say that in 6 months time u must have had around 1800 trades meaning around 15 trades a day.. (lemme know if I am wrong)

Trading a system like yours will allow u to have a ZERO slippage and a very competitve broker.. Trading BNF at current levels, one can assume 8 points as transaction costs(besides slippage) on a 0.03% round trip..

Being a manual traded system, I will like to know if it is easy for u to make 15 trades a day with zero slippage..??
Hi Ankit,

I was really busy and couldn't reply to ur Pm's.

First of all my backtest assumes 0.03% as brokerage and slippages. I have an account with RKSV where i pay 2200 as fixed brokerage. Ideally i need just 2.5 points to break even on BNF. So getting the entry price is no issue :)

System uses blind entry based on standard deviation from the mean with a fixed stop loss, thats why it has a very high strike rate... since it doesnt look for confirmation.

it has a dual mode, where if it detect trend on higher tf... it will ride or else it will scalp for 1.5 times ATR.

Thanks
Vaibhav

jallanankit

Good morning all...

The profit booking system as mentioned in my last posts, covered the last short call at 10415..

Those who r tracking it can close this call.. or if someone is tracking SAR system , the system is still running short...:)