Be careful while buying Market data provider data feed

pkgmtnl

use mdp at ur own big risk. many hve tried nd lost big with their unreliable nd wrong data :(
Dear friend,

MDP does not trade, We trade,

I think whenever we loose its not becoz of data, its because of our erroneous judgement most of time or trying to trade against the trend.

Dont U keep ur trading terminal remains open, while fetching RT data? Check ur ISP speed and its vendor.

Why only u three or four members find delay, that too the tune of 10seconds....!!! without using MDP!!!!

Last edited:
I appreciate your views varincam, and also the point-to-point rebuttal of my E-signal woes post earlier. As far as Esignal goes, I'm sorry, I've been there, done that and not convinced. But like you rightly said, if you are not scalping for a living and trade on medium term moves, MDP seems to do the job. The time lag is consistently about 10seconds, and a new chart takes inordinately long to load on the demo.

While I agree with most here that the "ladies" on live support are not the most courteous, i had a long and fruitful conversation with "Elaine" . "She" commits to fix the volume spike issue and the OI issue in subsequent upgrades, but stops from committing a time. That's about as loose a commitment one can give. (Ironically, this is one issue that no other vendor has, seems like a basic feature that the MDP guys have failed to fix, while pursuing esoteric claims like "only vendor to provide live OI" while leaving usaid the fact that they do not provide EOD OI!!! the devil is in whats unsaid.)

I am planning a 1 month RT4 subscription to see how it handles my trading systems and RT explorations before deciding finally.

thanks for all your views. Trade well:thumb:
Hello,
U say that u have tested Esignal,and not convinced and that u will now try mdp rt4 package.So in between which service u r using.Is there a better choice available?I have used (quotecenter+metastock) for a while and that is like an autorickshaw in front of a honda city in comparison to (amibroker +esignal) in terms of sophistication and speed .Not only that QC+MS costs double as much.Plus its my intution that if u were not satisfied with Esignal then its unlikely that ur search for a perfect feed will end in Mdp,unless u give too much importance to pricing structure.Regarding support staff behaviour,I have used now Esignal for a month now and not for once I have felt any need to contact any of their represnetative,the datamanager works the way it should work ,just like QC+MS but 5 times faster.Do tell us about ur experience.Bye.

i am using mdp past two months.now they provide new software which updates without refreshing mt.earlier version is good but latest version creating lot of problems.the auto backfill function is not properly working.if data is breaked you have to clean data or remove the data folder with new one.by the time you loose 30 mints to back into work.if you change the scrip you will get same problem.whole day you have to use single scrip.
i am not satisfied i would like to switch esignalindia any suggestions

pkgmtnl

i am using mdp past two months.now they provide new software which updates without refreshing mt.earlier version is good but latest version creating lot of problems.the auto backfill function is not properly working.if data is breaked you have to clean data or remove the data folder with new one.by the time you loose 30 mints to back into work.if you change the scrip you will get same problem.whole day you have to use single scrip.
i am not satisfied i would like to switch esignalindia any suggestions
Dear satesh, U might be making some error,
Regarding MDP's new updated exe I find it more use friendly, I could not understand what difficulty U encountered with it?

I am using it in Exploration mode for about a year, I am in a job, so I have to repeated login & logout, each time I get into market, I take backfill every time I login for Current day RT data. In this case just select Expl Mode & Get Me Data, Thereafter do the backfill, of UR Today's RT List, All RT data of this List will flow in. ( I never encountered the kind of problem U have indicated). Still if u find some missing data , just select it and click "Delete & reload Intra data", everything will b fine, but it takes less then a minute.

But i never ever found that backfilling take so much of time as mentioned by you. Please check your ISP speed.

I think U are using Tick Mode, in this case data of one script comes at a time, So the time required can not be more two minutes for entire backfill for selected script. I suggest U to go for Exploration mode If U want all data to come together. The support could have helped U in this regard, did u tried?

I anticipate that U are not a member of "MDP hate Club" as U have mentioned that "i am not satisfied i would like to switch esignalindia any suggestions"

i did not find any problem when i am using RT1.it is for stocks only.after that i opted for RT5 which is for option data.it is creating a lot problems.software corrupts frequently then you have to shut down and restart your system. simply closing MS FILESERVER DATASEVER with taskmanager wont solve your problem.and you have to delet data files and other saved files with fresh files.
today i am uninstalled the mdp freshly installed with new downloads.past one month i am trying all sarts but no use.even i formated system and with fresh install i treid but no use.any how i had a bad exprience with mdp.so i think i have to wait several months to rectify these problems.

pkgmtnl

i did not find any problem when i am using RT1.it is for stocks only.after that i opted for RT5 which is for option data.it is creating a lot problems.software corrupts frequently then you have to shut down and restart your system. simply closing MS FILESERVER DATASEVER with taskmanager wont solve your problem.and you have to delet data files and other saved files with fresh files.
today i am uninstalled the mdp freshly installed with new downloads.past one month i am trying all sarts but no use.even i formated system and with fresh install i treid but no use.any how i had a bad exprience with mdp.so i think i have to wait several months to rectify these problems.
I am using RT4 & MCX in expl mode, Its working perfectly fine (RT4 consists of features of RT5 as well).
Which Antivirus U r using?

AVG is best,
AVG, AVAST, Norton are good with MDP,
Norton is bulky,
Never use Kasper with MDP, its constantly scans and will raise ur CPU usage to 100%.
see to this parameter as well..
Chances are very remote that any problem with exe is there...!
But still if u find any problem ask support they will help u out.

Last edited:

pkgmtnl

Today came a big surprise from MDP, validity extended for all clients (NSE + MCX) for another three more months.

ABSOLUTELY FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE data.

they paid us back more then what we paid them, so be careful while buying data from MDP.

Last edited: