Be careful while buying Market data provider data feed

linkon7

Most of my friends use mdp. We can all easily afford esignal. But why increase trading cost when present one is doing just fine.

I am a more of a scalper and trade about 15-20 trades per day on nifty. I trade 1 min, 3R, 2 min TF actively. If the data was inconsistent, i would have to move on...
y use mdp. with ur systems cant u afford pro data services?? :confused:
I can afford pro data... Its just part of my expenses... i dont have sufficient reasons to increase my expense....

linkon7

y use mdp. with ur systems cant u afford pro data services?? :confused:
u again lost it.I am using esignal and not quotecenter.I do not hate mdp,its not that big a company ,I just placed the facts.And if u are an amateur than dont call more experienced people as quibbling children.And hope to see u cheerleading for mdp in future.

:)

Unless you are a pure scalper trading very high volumes, you really dont need the best RT Data.

Systems / methods/ indicators contribute to only 15% of your trading success. The other 85% is is pure trade/risk management. RT Data is just a small domination in that 15%.

Let me explain with a example of the chart in the past week...
This week, we opened at 4837 and closed at 4848, made a high of 4927 and a low of 4777. In that sense we havn't moved much in a weekly TF.

In the chart i plotted my direction of trade in the past 1 week... Its hourly TF.

If my sense of direction is right and fits my bigger picture, does it matter if i went short at 4913 or at 4911 and covered at 4810 or 4808.

If MDP misses a few ticks and Esignal gave all the ticks... would this chart look different....?

Issues like, quality of the data feed, size of the monitor, number of monitors, speed of internet, execution of trading platform... These all has a very small effect on the net result, as long as focus remains on discipline, ability to read charts and managing risk on trades taken.

This gives me the right to call those who focus on any other thing as children...:D

Last edited:
yr choice of esignal RT data downloads is very perfect and correct.
I have been using their services for mpore than a year for NSE,MCX & NYSE and it has been a perfect service except for the days when data transfer is affected by outages.

Mangafreakz

Issues like, quality of the data feed, size of the monitor, number of monitors, speed of internet, execution of trading platform... These all has a very small effect on the net result, as long as focus remains on discipline, ability to read charts and managing risk on trades taken.

This gives me the right to call those who focus on any other thing as children...:D
Nicely told.

:)

Unless you are a pure scalper trading very high volumes, you really dont need the best RT Data.

Systems / methods/ indicators contribute to only 15% of your trading success. The other 85% is is pure trade/risk management. RT Data is just a small domination in that 15%.

Let me explain with a example of the chart in the past week...
This week, we opened at 4837 and closed at 4848, made a high of 4927 and a low of 4777. In that sense we havn't moved much in a weekly TF.

In the chart i plotted my direction of trade in the past 1 week... Its hourly TF.

If my sense of direction is right and fits my bigger picture, does it matter if i went short at 4913 or at 4911 and covered at 4810 or 4808.

If MDP misses a few ticks and Esignal gave all the ticks... would this chart look different....?

well one tf based trading system is not the mother of all trading systems and
its not the be all end all of trading strategies,ur system absolutely ignores the volumes.In smaller scrips missing important ticks can result in highly distorted volume based studies,otherwise I would have not been able to spot the inaccuracy of the mdp feed.So u have again proved urself as a ostrich in the sand,assuming ur studies are the pinnacle of technical analysiis any trader would ever want to use.so that does'nt gives u any right to call people who spotted early what an ersatz of a product this mdp is,but my hunch is now proved right that urs is a paid review by mdp otherwise why would u spend so much time in justifying ur decision to choose mdp.
and my trading systems are not for public viewing.

shanki99

:mad:
I am a desi. Born in India. Spent 15 yrs in US. In India since last 4 yrs.
You have a problem with that? Or are you jealous about my fair complexion?
Do you want my passport and migration papers and other formalities?

Sometime back, there was a trend of asking to post "contract notes" to prove that you are not a paper traders(Thanks Dev for reminding that), and now I think I will have to post by nationality certificate too. :mad:

And for your fking knowledge, the pic in the avatar is mine. :annoyed:
Is this the reason u removed ur face in IT?

we are missing ur refreshing face :D

I would agree with the originator of the post and several others here about MDP.

Take a trial on Friday of their data feed. - Com monday morning, the trial is already over. Good luck on that.

And then try talking to their "live support" - Response, - Cant you read on our website, our terms are very clear. -

While they seem to be technically qualified, be prepared to read their website - they are not the most courteous of all people.