My Journey In Technical Analysis

XRAY27

Six months return in each segment (annualized on capital employed )

Untitled.png

Variation really dented returns in swing segment( 35 % in BNF and 17 % in NF )!!!

Lessons learn't:
1.Adding new things is good to setup ,but take your own time in adopting

2.Experience trader and professional trader , experienced traders are like me running after out performance,
,professional trader always remembers the point that no system can out perform in all circumstances:couchpotato::couchpotato::couchpotato:

Plan of action :
Adopting to swing system once again ,and trading with full QTY from April 2018 :shifty::shy:

Last edited:

XRAY27

Below is the positional back test report started my trading F.Y 15-16 as pratical test with single lot,rised to 16-17 to 2lots ,just to over come my psychological issues like fear of open position over night etc ,now moved towards double digit, method is nothing new to forum RF with volume anomaly ) type of system is 100 % mechanical, which is best suited to my way of entry in respect of all in qty (no add ons )
p.png

This is swing picture,it was started in F.Y 14-15 as practical test with single lot ,rised to 2 lots in F.Y 15-16,with full qty in F.Y 16-17, but 17-18 I thought I will endore to this system ,but made some addition with greed of out performance,with out maintaining gestation period to new setups ,paid the price of earlier exit,late entries,anyways moving back to previous steps ,this method is not new to forum MP weekly

S.png

Both results may not sound great to many ,but it is most comfortable to trade for me at least
Intra return 100 % on capital employed per year for past 8 years which I traded few years on 1 min TF since I have added swing/positional moved to 3 mins..this is also shared in forum !! vwap,twap,linear reg which got nothing to do with setup.but just to spot the Trap traders

What I understood over these years is every body trades his method ,it not only depends on success rate of trades ,but style of entry ,time frame he trades, terminology used in the method,most importantly psychological needs of the person!!! never seen any body forced any one to abopt particular method !!!

Many system are there in forum likeTDST, Pivot (swing ) ,TDST I never understood and pivot may be 80 % level,off course I ‘m not using it ..tried my level best to adopt but I could not do that ,there are many who follow both , just see vivek bhai’s TDST trades !!!Learn lot from STda, Saint,Raamkanth ( keep trade as simple as possible),pratap sir,vjay,manojborle,

As vijkris bro once said Teaching is a Art, may be true, One thing is sure that no trader is a fool ,who do not want a high success rate system if he understands practicality of the system in real terms , it will apply to pure price action, price action with indicator, or PVA

Remaining all this months of this F.Y i have to regain my self to adopt to swing trading once again !!!

Hope this post is with in the rules of the forum !!! ;):rolleyes:

Last edited:

XRAY27

Some realities for (self)
  1. Successful Trading is more about behavior and temperament than IQ or education.
  2. Don’t be surprised when we have bear markets or recessions. Everything is cyclical.
  3. You are not George Soros or Jesse Livermore
  4. The market doesn’t care how you feel about a stock or what price you paid for it.
  5. The market doesn’t owe you high returns just because you need them.
  6. Predicting the future is hard.
Source:from speech of AS

XRAY27

Experience: This story applies for life as well as trading

There was a guru, he had a disciple. The disciple had never seen a cow nor had he tasted the milk, he had read that the cow milk is very nutrient and was very curious to find a cow and taste its milk. He approached his guru and asked "Do you know anything about the cows?"

"Yes." replies the Master.

"Then would you please explain what a cow looks like?" the disciple prayed.

The Guru explained: "A cow has four legs, It does not live in the forest. it's a domestic animal,you can find one in the villages, It gives white milk which is good for health." The Master gave him a lot more information on the features of a cow: the eyes, ears, legs, stomach, udder, horns.

The Student went to a village and there he saw a statue of the cow, someone was painting an adjacent compound wall with chalk had left a bucket full of lime water near the statue of the cow.

The student saw the cow and observed its features, he finally came to the conclusion that it must be the cow, he also saw a bucket with white liquid near by. 'This is definitely a cow, so this must be the milk' thought the disciple and drank some of it. He soon started screaming with pain, he had to be hospitalized.

His Guru visited him in the hospital, "What happened?" the Guru asked.

"Master you don't know anything about the cows or the milk, you are totally wrong." the disciple answered.

"Tell me what happened." The Guru sought an explanation. The student explained everything.

"Did you milk the cow yourself?" asked the Guru.

"No."

"That's why you are in trouble. Until you rely on what others say you won't get to the truth which will liberate you." The Wise Guru replied.

XRAY27

Indecision is worse then wrong decision,,retreat is perfect military strategy

Returned to my old school of PVA, FT with 1 lot will be started from Nov series,once again ..it will continue upto March series 2018...i will return to full qty from April 2018 in swing segment

Learn't the point of ultimate step towards emotional control ,which is nothing but stop explaining your self to stupid people,which may be around you in many forms !!!

Last edited:

XRAY27

Years and decades are passing but success ratio is stock market at max @ 5% ,there is a reason why so few traders succeed. It is not for lack of study or effort or passion. It is not for lack of education or data/software/ platform subscription. It is not because only a select few have access to technical “secrets” (a.k.a. indicators). No.

Few succeed at trading for the same reason that so few succeed at living an abundant life.The best traders think differently than others because they know that what is most important is “how they think about what they do and how they’re thinking when they do it.

Last edited:

XRAY27

There is nothing called perfect trading,The best in business of trading learn' t how to deal with this imperfections,trading is nothing but taking smart risks, when odds are in your favor systematically over and over again with discipline,No Trader is right all the time.and No Trading strategy can outperform at all times.

XRAY27

No matter what type of trading you’re doing (swing trading, intra day trading, long-term/Positional trading), you’ll need to come up with your own set of rules to keep your trading structured. The problem is most people don’t want to make up their own rules, because if they did they would have to take responsibility for their results. And, as we all know, most people don’t want to take responsibility for their action. But, as we all know, the only way to be successful in trading is to take 100% responsibility and act in our own best interest.