My Journey In Technical Analysis

XRAY27

Check this start of swing trading

1111.png

First trade of the series hit with huge SL way above my actual SL, earlier i used to stop trading under the swing,even risk management is in place it is very hard for to move on ,but after lot of time is spent i realized that ,losing trades are part of trading.
The most successful traders in the world have losing trades each and every day. They do not get caught up in thinking that the losing trade is part of them. They realize it’s just part of trading, and the sooner they get rid of the losing trade, the faster they can look for the next opportunity to find a winning trade. This is easier said than done,
but nevertheless, it’s still the reality of how to make money trading.

XRAY27

First step in any traders trading career is following his tested system ..great sentence from book Mastering the Trade..

"Bigger losses are a lot worse than smaller profits,however ,a trader who takes small profits because of fear is not following a plan ,a trader who is not following a plan ,who is reacting only to internal emotions,is going to get beaten.not maybe not probably going to -John F carter"

Untitled.png

Last edited:

XRAY27

Price in itself is just a unit ,and volume in itself is another unit, but once we start studying both combined,we can note the giant foot prints,which are more then sufficient to go ahead, volume price analysis ,does not mean that we should study volume first and then price, we are just confirming price action with volume,as price moves to higher levels ,volume analysis becomes tough,here time part with respect to price is relevant (Market profile) another is volume profile, for start we can go with OBV or PVT..but ultimate answers are with MP/VP

ST da !!! methods are universal,adding VA will make them explosive

Momentum study in a trend !!!

ST GAPS.png

How to catch train in next station !!!

P1.png

Vitrual High and lows

virtual high.png

virtual high 2.png

Last edited:

XRAY27

After so many years of Ah movement and ouch movement, i'm enjoying the process of trading in swing and positional ,never had any issue with intraday

Discipline, while necessary for success, is never sufficient. Discipline does not substitute for skill, talent, and insight. Strict, disciplined adherence to mediocre plans can only lock in mediocre results. If it were otherwise, there would be no losing automated trading systems.

Successful traders I’ve known work as hard on themselves as on markets. They develop routines for keeping themselves in ideal states for making trading decisions, often by optimizing their lives outside of markets.

XRAY27

Self

Silence is best answers to some questions

Brilliance/knowledge doesn't always translate into better Trading results.

XRAY27

“Neglect to plan and you intend to bomb " You've got your work done in endless hours of searching your own framework. Long stretches of paper trading and back-testing your hand crafted framework,then comes the effective trading clinical execution and mentality for this given framework,this is where it took so many years to build this mentality to be applied effectively for swing/positional for me
,off course still in Psy drill with respect to swing ,until it is completed progress cannot be assessed from my side:rolleyes: ,so stopping this thread as nothing new is there to add ...:)

XRAY27

Psy. Drill completed ,so starting this thread once again ,off course i will return to normal qty from April series with respective to swing trading!!! screwing a time tested method is always hazardous
, now no more dancing :p

Many aspirants to stock market try to adopt to trend trading because of its robustness and
longevity

Before its adoption there are few points every trader should remember :

1.This is no ‘get rich quick’ scheme

2.If traded properly, you will have lots of small losses, a few small gains, and a few big winners

3.Often, a new trend will start seemingly for no obvious reason

4.You do not need to understand the fundamentals behind a stock, commodity or other instrument , however, you do need to have a method of determining whether price is trending or not

5.You never need try to pick a top or a bottom in a market.

6.In strongly trending phases, markets can persistently stay overbought or oversold for several months

7. Being able to effectively follow price trends means you need to have the ability to follow a simple set of rules about when to enter, and when to exit

8.Because you will suffer lots of small losing trades, you need to have rigorous risk control

9.Your stop methodology should be able to identify when a trend has finished

10.Trading with the trend is conceptually very easy to understand, but psychologically very difficult to master

XRAY27

Back testing does not guarantee you about future viability of a given system, but when you back test a system and it doesn't make profit then you do not have a viable trading strategy.anyone who is trading an automatic or semi automatic system ,then back testing is absolutely vital.

Properly constructed back testing will identify whether or not an idea has a persistent edge and under what conditions it will manifest. By properly controlling for different parameters, we can isolate those which add the most value to a particular proposition.

We can test for robustness and measure the sensitivity of the edge to changing parameters. From that, we may be able to identify specific market conditions where the edge is significant and tradable or identify a subset of the total market trading targets in which this idea works best.

The professional trader should take back testing results into consideration as a way to select a system to prototype with real money, in real markets with the human factors fully engaged to see what the real world results look like before committing to full production system risk.

XRAY27

Final trading styles with separate capital for each one !!! no intra ! in NF ! ;) ,i will post the result at the end of March series ( point wise) for F.Y 2017-18
11.png