Debit / Credit card issues, frauds, problems etc..etc..

mastermind007

Ok, it worked !!! Used the same card at the same location, and the RuPay card worked this time :). Maybe it was a different machine (there are 5-6 payment counters), but the card worked. Maybe my complaining had something to do with it.

travi

Re: Credit/Debit Cards,Internet Banking,wallets

1. Opt and prefer use of chip based DC/CC over magnetic strip.

2. Never share your pin, walk to the counter along with the card, if they don't have a mobile PoS.

3. Conceal the PIN.

4. Never store username/passwords in their naked form. Especially in digital medium or physical for that matter. Try and scramble them, or omit few characters.

5. Use uncommon passwords however, they can be a very easy to remember phrase for you.

6. Ewallets have a security code to the app, always enable that. Same with your smart phone, never leave it directly accessible. Use a screen lock.

7. Avoid using public PC for Internet Banking. If you have to, use SMS OTP for final trx, then change the passwords at the earliest.

8. Do not ignore any SMS/Email from your Banker/Ewallet.

9. Verify that the sender details of SMS/Email are from the original provider and not phishing.

10. Your Banker/Ewallet will NEVER call or contact you for any passwords or other info. Do NOT share this info to anyone.

TradeJoker

Today I heard playback singer unnikrishnan lost 1.5 lakh from credit card, it seems current technology is not foolproof from frauds

TracerBullet

Today I heard playback singer unnikrishnan lost 1.5 lakh from credit card, it seems current technology is not foolproof from frauds
And on top of that the liability in case of fraud is on us. By the time you report it, it may be too late. I got rid of Credit cards, dont miss them. Debit cards are enough for me.
For passwords, i use keypass + use generated passwords from it. Works good.

Rish

Yes...he made a complaint...

It is not the question of foolproof..............frauds are very much advanced....

We should have some fool proof modalities to protect ourselves...

Rule No.1.............If you use credit cards....keep 2 or 3 cards with Minimum Limit...if anything goes wrong....your liability will be minimum..

Rule No.2............Primary Account without Netbanking......use always secondary account with Minimum amount with Debit Card/Netbanking..etc..etc....any fraudulent activity....damage will be minimum...

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Insist on having chip based debit card. It is more secure.
If u use P aytm keep some password to unlock the phone. Yesterday I stole 9 rupees from my brother's paytm account and he couldn't find out as well that he lost few rupees. :D:lol:
He doesn't have unlock codes or patterns etc.

mastermind007

Fool proof karoge to bank staff aur average police waala nahi pakad payegaa. Fraud man is way too smart for all this gimmicks....