Status
Not open for further replies.
Left top "" button of graph panel.
It only closes the indicator list, not the chart. Anyway, unable to login to NOW at present otherwise would've posted the screenshot.
(stuck at 20% - "Request Sent For License Registration")

soft_trader

It only closes the indicator list, not the chart. Anyway, unable to login to NOW at present otherwise would've posted the screenshot.
(stuck at 20% - "Request Sent For License Registration")
There are two "x" in the chart panel. One is right side of the word INDICATORS, and another on the left.

To close the chart panel, click on the left "x" button.

There are two "x" in the chart panel. One is right side of the word INDICATORS, and another on the left.

To close the chart panel, click on the left "x" button.
You know what, about a month ago I had called them up and asked about this, and the operator said that I have to exit NOW :D :D

You need to understand that our business model is not your typical brokers model...

If you transfer funds and I have to bear the cost of Rs 10, you will need to do 1 trade before I recover the funds...if you do 1 trade, We will loose 50% of that trade just for payment gateway charges...

There are a lot of our clients who transfer once and do 1 delivery trade.. If we bear the cost, we would be loosing 50% of the revenue generated from that one trade...
Ok. One simple question to ask "why there is no charge for fund transfer until 31st march?

Did Zerodha not bear the same cost during this time to attract customer just to showing Rs 20 per trade?

Might be some people don't mind for such small charges but I personally think clients should not be charged.

And now you think you have enough clients and there should not be any problem to pass on some charges ?

Come on.. this is not really a very good practice for business strategy.

I have seen brokers who silently passed on charges and now their business went down. I don't want to name here.

That is the constraint!!! Hopefully u guys understand!!! Rs 9 is cost of a cigarette nowadays..
Its matter of money buddy. Tomorrow you will come up with another charges and will say it's just a cost of cup of coffee.

You should not behave like kid.

poortrader

Ok. One simple question to ask "why there is no charge for fund transfer until 31st march?

Did Zerodha not bear the same cost during this time to attract customer just to showing Rs 20 per trade?

Might be some people don't mind for such small charges but I personally think clients should not be charged.

And now you think you have enough clients and there should not be any problem to pass on some charges ?

I have seen brokers who silently passed on charges and now their business went down. I don't want to name here.

Its matter of money buddy. Tomorrow you will come up with another charges and will say it's just a cost of cup of coffee.

VERY TRUE, I DON'T SMOKE EITHER:mad:

murthyavr

This is not to negate your opinions, feelings or whatever, but..

We sure have become conscious of every paisa that we spend, after Zerodha
came into existence and also their low brokerage! I wonder now how we used
to pay such huge brokerages to the earlier brokers..! And I was once upon a
time, a customer of ICICIDirect...

Since Zerodha team have expressed their constraints, we can not argue
further in the matter. But if you have any proof to say that Zerodha
have misrepresented the facts, then - yes! we can firmly take up the matter
with them..

And ignore the things about cigarettes etc. He must have said to that to
lighten up the things to some extent!

hi
my bank is IDBI. My account has free NEFT if done via Netbanking and it takes around 3 hours for realization.

If i do NEFT (when i am not in hurry ), will i be still charged from Zerodha side ? and Whether will they be any time lag in crediting my account after Zerodha actually receive money in their account.

( sorry, but i don't have that much knowledge about these gateaway etc things)

I must admit, I too am a bit surprised by this Rs.9 charge. My bank (HDFC) offers me a free RTGS facility, so I've always assumed funds transfer would be free! Presumably you use a service to help ensure the funds end up in the right place and they're the ones that levy this charge? It is an odd one. I just did a test transfer using the NOW framework and I don't think I was charged anything. Zerodha, can you confirm whether that will stay the same or change in the future?

That said, on principle, assuming the charge does exist, I prefer a company that charges me individually rather than absorbing the charge into their cost structure and spreading it across all their clients in the form of higher brokerage.

That aside, I'm now signed up, impressed with how quickly the application was processed and looking forward to what will be (hopefully) a smooth trading experience.

Initial thoughts on NOW - I love the speed at which quotes update. A slight step up from Diet and a LOT better than Keat Pro and all that nonsense. It is a fairly restricted software - but, to be honest the ONLY thing I care about is execution. Not much there for the professional/serious trader, but I'm yet to meet a pro who uses ANY platform exclusively.

That's possibly the next big hole for someone to fill. Folks like me end up paying 5K+ a month for data, and hefty software costs for our charting platforms. Surely, someone can offer us good data and charting at a fraction of that cost.

One question: the app on my Motorola Xoom crashes as soon as I select "Trade" on the NOW app. This has started happening ever since I updated the app (following the launce of the 2FA app). Anyone else experiencing this? I'm wondering if this is a Honeycomb problem because I saw someone praise the Android update earlier in the thread.

Charging Rs. 9/- per transaction is not a big issue. Frankly, how many times do you transfer money. Couple of time in a year. ( my experience).

We as a traders, instead should press for reduction in transaction charges which are quite high presently. And also request Zerodha to do something about the Stamp duty, which hurts badly to the small traders, trading 1 or 2 lots a day. For 1 lot of Nifty both comes closer to Rs. 70 with Zerodha.

Although, lots of discussion has already been on the topic.

Since, Zerodha has grown by leaps and bounds it can certainly bring down the transaction charges.

As discussed earlier and expected rationalization of Stamp charges in the budget, there being no mention of it, Zerodha needs to look out of Banglore. Atleast, open a small office in tax friendly state and transfer smaller traders/ clients there.

SHEKHAR

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.