Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recieved a mail from Zerodha and it says i have to provide 30 % of margin in cash
which was your positions 6 months back and which is your position now also

So u people are not providing margins against stocks if this is the only way you have found out MARGIN is I PROVIDE SHARES AND BROEKR ALLOWS TO SELL FUTURES AND OPTIONS AGAINST IT [/SIZE][/SIZE](there is no cash involved other than MTM):confused:

I think i should only enquire about this when you people get your own DP :thumb:

Zerodha

I just recieved a mail from Zerodha and it says i have to provide 30 % of margin in cash
which was your positions 6 months back and which is your position now also

So u people are not providing margins against stocks if this is the only way you have found out MARGIN is I PROVIDE SHARES AND BROEKR ALLOWS TO SELL FUTURES AND OPTIONS AGAINST IT [/SIZE][/SIZE](there is no cash involved other than MTM):confused:

I think i should only enquire about this when you people get your own DP :thumb:
Akash,

The email you have received is our standard reply.. Moving stocks for pledging is something we are simplifying, in the next few days we will update it...

Assume today you have 1lk of stocks, if haircut is 20%, you can use 80k of this..

If you now want to use 1lk for taking f&O positions, you can use 70k from the 80k credit you have on stocks, but you would need to bring in 30k as cash...

There has to be some cash component, the 30% is up for review.. But idea is, we would need some cash there upfront to ensure we don't have to call you up for any mtm loss...

We are trying to do this online, keeping that in mind, if you guys have a method to do this with as little physical contact as possible, do let us know....

yes i have a way out for this sir let me explain how you can go about it

i dont know what other want to do but what we can do if following

for example some one deposits 10 lacs rs and wants margin what you can do is tell him to buy stocks for 8-9 lacks rs one lack has to be put in nse liquid bees

So if there is any MTM loss and the person does not transfer online or doesnt sells one of his positions you can sell those liquid bees
you dont have to call him

Secondly if some one has Stocks worth 9 lacks of A grade at any broker he can sell postions worth 6 lacs of margin money after haircut ( that will be aroung 10 - 12 lots of reliance what u can do is allow him to sell him 70 % of that 6 lacs so that u dont have any hasseles in case of sharp up move in the market

Thirdly provide margins only to hedgers for upto 70 % for speculators bring this margin limit to 50 % or less for overnight

In this case the person will also get some intrest on his liquid cash and you will security
of the mtm ( plus as and when you sell his liquid bees you will also get 20 Rs per order )

IF one has a account of 1 crore no one is going to give you 30 lacs cash just to trade for 20 rs per order because the brokerge saved will be 5 - 10 K per month
and intrest lost will be 30 - 40 K per month

I dont think i can make any better workable soultion that this in which you as a broker has no problem but only some money to make

Sooner or later many discount broker will provie 100 % margin till than you can work with this formula After that no one will even ask you if you dont provide margins cause consumer will have many options ( ITS BETTER TO CORNER ALL THOSE CLIENTS WHO TRADE BIG AND ARE PROFESSIONALS AND WILL TRADE NO MATTER WHERE MARKET GOES BEFORE THE OTHER BROKERS JUMP IN )

Last edited:

columbus

Hi Sachin/Zerodha,

You can utilize this vacant portion to display SENSEX and Nifty.

soft_trader

Hello,

I am in a search of a software, in which I can put down my End of day profit/losses in it. So that the taxes at the end of the year are calculated automatically.

I have found some softwares but they are all US based. I need a software for Indian equity market, and which will support Futures & options.

I need to do this because, it will help me to note down my trades, and I can see my monthly/weekly Profits or losses in it. I want such a software which will automatically calculate my End of year tax liability automatically. It should rather be a trade management software rather than a portfolio manager.

If there are such good software available, please tell me. Good websites, if solve my purpose will do. Such as portfolio in moneycontrol.com, but it doesn't allow me to note down my F&O trades.

I need this software basically to input my F&O trade details in it.

Guys, please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.