Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

Is is possible to tie up with Nest Plus [for intraday charts] in future? [I know there is some issues currently] Or there is not any chance?
Hopefully, I m not asking too much (like Chinese menu here). :)
Regards.
NEST plus would be available on NEST very soon, but at a small cost though...

Zerodha

Zerodha,

Can you please give the figure (Brokerage + All Mandatory Charges) for One Round Trade of 1 Lot of Crudeoil Bought @ 5000 & Sold @ 5005

...and one single order for 2 Lots @ 5000 filled separately & sold @ 5005 in a single order also filled separately

SG
Rs 40 for a round trip, buy and sell, immaterial of the size of order and immaterial of how many fills...

Along with it, for the first 3 to 6 months to make it interesting for you, we would be running the Zerodha Commodity challenge... At the end of every 60 trading days, you are profitable on the account, we will refund you all the brokerage charged within that period as an incentive for performing well...

So it is like playing a singles tennis match and we giving you the man of the match award for winning against the opponent!!!!

It is about time some broker did things to spice this business up, isn't it?? ?;)..

SavantGarde

Thanks A Ton.....:)

Because getting charged 20 Bucks for multiple fills would have changed the equation drastically....

If You have a special challenge for me...Do let me know....:)

SG

Rs 40 for a round trip, buy and sell, immaterial of the size of order and immaterial of how many fills...

Along with it, for the first 3 to 6 months to make it interesting for you, we would be running the Zerodha Commodity challenge... At the end of every 60 trading days, you are profitable on the account, we will refund you all the brokerage charged within that period as an incentive for performing well...

So it is like playing a singles tennis match and we giving you the man of the match award for winning against the opponent!!!!

It is about time some broker did things to spice this business up, isn't it?? ?;)..

Zerodha

how does this thing work could you explain a little bit like where do i have to send this off market transaction
for eg, say you are trading with icicidirect and you pledge the shares using their online module... The shares get transferred to the icici margin account with the exchange and icici immediately gives you margins after the haircut...
The account where your shares will be sitting is called icici margin account on NSE...

In our case, because we are tied up with ILFS we can't have an online module to transfer shares from your account to ILFS margin account...This would have to be done manually...

This bit can be fixed once we have our own DP...

for eg, say you are trading with icicidirect and you pledge the shares using their online module... The shares get transferred to the icici margin account with the exchange and icici immediately gives you margins after the haircut...
The account where your shares will be sitting is called icici margin account on NSE...

In our case, because we are tied up with ILFS we can't have an online module to transfer shares from your account to ILFS margin account...This would have to be done manually...

This bit can be fixed once we have our own DP...
yes sir this procedure i understand but what is manually ,do i need to go some where physically , do i have to logon some where on website , do i need to post the slips some where or do i need to make a callwhat is the meaing of pledging MANUALLY :confused:

Also since when do u expect to get your own DP :D

SavantGarde

Let me attempt to dispel the doubts raised....

If one wants to Trade ONLY Commodities then NEST is the only choice at the moment......

Anything else besides Commodites will be available on Both Platforms...!!!

Commodities = NEST
Commodities + NSE Capital & Derivatives = NEST
NSE Capital Market & Derivatives = NEST & NOW

Zerodha may want to correct me if I have erred with this explanation.

SG

@ Zerodha

Hats Off to you for replying to so many queries patiently, very-very nice of you.

I have still a confusion which could not get fulfilled in your last reply, please don't mind as you are well aware that a newbie has so many queries.

"Clients who want to trade equity and commodity will have to switch to NEST". Does it also include the "Future & Options". If yes, then one can easily switch to NEST as he will then be able to trade in Equity, Commodity as well as F&O. This IS the reason I am asking it again.

Please reply whenever you find it feasible .........

Cheers

shekhar

P.S. = What I understand from your reply, if one wants to trade in Equity and F&O, can use either NOW or NEST, while those who wish to trade ALSO in the Commodity segment, should switch to NEST as it is their ONLY choice. It sounds to me that if one wants to trade in Equity, F & O and also in Commodities (ALL THREE), he should switch to NEST. Am I right?

Is it possible for 2 nest copies to run at the same time on a single PC?

The reason I'm asking is that I already have access to NEST from another broker. If zerodha were to start commodities soon and migrate to NEST then this issue could cause me some problems.

I would love to trade commodities with Zerodha.

hc9001

Nest & Now for F&O:-

Is NOW terminal faster than NEST?
If so, is it possible to log in for both NEST & NOW for trading in "NSE Capital Market & Derivatives"?
Then, the best possible option will be NEST [with paid "Nest Plus"] for Intraday charts and faster NOW for trading.
If we can run both Nest[Plus] & NOW from separate PC [no chance of freezing quote], it will be best option for a F&O Day Trader.
Lets hope..
With "Zerodha" Impossible is nothing! :)

Zerodha

Is it possible for 2 nest copies to run at the same time on a single PC?

The reason I'm asking is that I already have access to NEST from another broker. If zerodha were to start commodities soon and migrate to NEST then this issue could cause me some problems.

I would love to trade commodities with Zerodha.

Yes Possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.