Status
Not open for further replies.

absolute.zero

Find all your answers in red...

Assume Current month Nifty Futures are trading at 5600.

1. How much amount is required to trade one lot of Nifty future intra day?

11250 as of today

2. I read it earlier, that answer to query above is Rs 11000 approximate. Is that true?
Yes

3. It means, if I have funds of Rs 55000 in my trading account, I may trade 5 lots of Nifty Futures intra day ?
Yes

4. How much amount is required to carry one lot of Nifty future overnight? Is that Rs 22000 approximate ?
Overnight margin is stipulated by the exchange, as of today it is around 28500

5. Suppose, with Rs 55000 in trading account, I am having 5 lots of Nifty Futures by 3 PM. Then, I square up 3 lots and I wish to carry 2 lots overnight. Will something require to do so, or the 2 lots will automatically be carried over?

The 2 lots will be automatically carried over, you just need to square off positions to the extent you can hold with the funds in your account.

6. As said above, suppose, I carry over 2 lots of Nifty Futures overnight, and by 9:20 AM next day, I square off them, and I again wish to buy 3 more lots making it to a total of 5 lots. In this case, will the margin blocked for carrying over 2 lots overnight be released immediately? Do I need to first square off overnight position to buy 3 more lots next day, or I may buy 3 lots without squaring off overnight positions.
Next day morning, again your funds will have the power to hold 5 lots, you don't need to square off the 2 and then reenter 5, you can buy 3 more lots and if you have that 55k in your account it will let you buy.
Please provide step by step answer so as to enable me to finalize some strategy.
Hopefully this answered all your questions, Cheers...
Okay. Thanks Zerodha

Please also let me know the details of current approximate margin required for writing Call and Put options, both for Intra day and Overnight Positions. Strike prices may be taken as 5200, 5300, 5400, 5500, 5600, 5700, 5800.

:) ... We are all a Zerodha family now, so yes concession of Rs 100 if you print the forms .... ;) ....

You can refer your family and get the benefit of the associate program...

We haven't increased a/c opening charges... 6 months amc is charged upfront rather than at the end of the 6 months...

Here is the concept:

If you have a demat account somewhere else and you want to sell shares in that demat through us, your other demat won't let us debit the shares when you sell them...

But what you can do is, transfer the shares to your ILFS demat and then sell it...

Cheers...
Thanks for informing about fee. I might opt opening an a/c in name of wife now. :)

My question was not about linking other dp with zerodha, it was linking zerodha's ilfs dp currently in my name with xyz broker. Will I be able to sell when shares comes in my zerodha's ilfs dp a/c as holdings from zerodha trading a/c? Same way I apply in IPO using ASBA and sell via zerodha, here I'm buying from other broker and keeping shares in ilfs dp which is linked with you. Cheers.. :)

Zerodha

Okay. Thanks Zerodha

Please also let me know the details of current approximate margin required for writing Call and Put options, both for Intra day and Overnight Positions. Strike prices may be taken as 5200, 5300, 5400, 5500, 5600, 5700, 5800.
Hi,

Do visit the discussion link on our facebook page, we update the option writing margins for intraday and overnight regularly on this page....

Visit facebook, search for zerodha page... Under the zerodha page, search for discussions, in discussions the topic under option writing margins explains you about the same...

Cheers...

Thanks for informing about fee. I might opt opening an a/c in name of wife now. :)

My question was not about linking other dp with zerodha, it was linking zerodha's ilfs dp currently in my name with xyz broker. Will I be able to sell when shares comes in my zerodha's ilfs dp a/c as holdings from zerodha trading a/c? Same way I apply in IPO using ASBA and sell via zerodha, here I'm buying from other broker and keeping shares in ilfs dp which is linked with you. Cheers.. :)
So you want to buy from A, keep it with B, sell it through C, get the payment from D, to keep the money back into A.... damn, wont you forget, where is what? :)

BTW whats ur expreience been with recent IPO's... Had a chance to make money, or have you become a long term investor now?

Zerodha

How do I link a existing demat account (not opened through zerodha) with zerodha trading account?
If you give a demat statement we can link the demat account to your trading account... The problem with this is, if you buy shares through us we will transfer it to your other demat, but you will not be able to sell these shares through us....

Hence we encourage all our clients who intend to do delivery based equity trading to open the demat account also through us....

Cheers...

Status
Not open for further replies.