Status
Not open for further replies.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
hi munmun......thanks for snapshot.....

1lot minifty @ 5885 =.>total charges 102 Rs. => 5 points....

what are total charges as above for only , 1 lot nifty @ 5885..in terms of rupees.??

Zerodha

Hello

For me outcome is different
1 lot: 5.0975 point

anything wrong?

Picture attach here

http://i51.tinypic.com/34dse1v.jpg
Hi munmun, the reason, the cost is a little more is because you have traded only 1 lot of mininifty throughout the day and hence the impact of stampduty is more... .if you trade the same 1 lot more than once the stamp duty will not go over the Rs 50 max per day....

Zerodha

hi munmun......thanks for snapshot.....

1lot minifty @ 5885 =.>total charges 102 Rs. => 5 points....

what are total charges as above for only , 1 lot nifty @ 5885..in terms of rupees.??
1lot 2.58 points
2 lots 2.14
3 lots 1.99
4 lots 1.92
10 lots 1.78
20 lots 1.68
50 lots 1.63

if we multiply the points by 50 it will tell us the Rs...

Hello Zerodha

Kindly answer few questions .

1 What is the maximum number of F&O contracts that can be punched in a single order?

2. What is max no. of shares one can buy in single order?

3. Does zerodha offer margin buying ?........By margin buying , I mean ability to buy stocks by paying part of amount & borrowing rest from broker & holding for multiple days.....even weeks

Regards

Gaurav

Last edited:
Hi,
Back with another noob query. I've never traded in Futures so let me provide this boring forum with some comic relief.
Lets say, Nifty futures is at 6000. Going by noob math I would need 3,00,000 (50 * 6000) to buy one lot of Nifty Futures. Am I right?
Or
Read a post above that margin required is 11,000 for intraday and 30,000 to hold it overnight. This has left me quite confused. Reason why I stayed away from Futures was because of the high margin requirement and stuck to options thus far.
So, lets say, I buy one lot of Nifty Futures at 6000 and exit at 6025, what would be my profit?
1) 25 points minus (brokerage + normal charges)
or
2) 25 points minus (brokerage + normal charges + charges for providing intraday margin charged by you)?

Hi,
Back with another noob query. I've never traded in Futures so let me provide this boring forum with some comic relief.
Lets say, Nifty futures is at 6000. Going by noob math I would need 3,00,000 (50 * 6000) to buy one lot of Nifty Futures. Am I right?
Or
Read a post above that margin required is 11,000 for intraday and 30,000 to hold it overnight. This has left me quite confused. Reason why I stayed away from Futures was because of the high margin requirement and stuck to options thus far.
So, lets say, I buy one lot of Nifty Futures at 6000 and exit at 6025, what would be my profit?
or
2) 25 points minus (brokerage + normal charges + charges for providing intraday margin charged by you)?
Futures are leveraged products that s why u can hold contract worth 3 lakhs for just over 28K. A screen shot of a contract note has already been posted some posts before yours. It shows the charges being charged. A look at it would give you a fair idea... Its basically brokerage + the normal charges only..

Zerodha

Hello Zerodha

Kindly answer few questions .

1 What is the maximum number of F&O contracts that can be punched in a single order?

2. What is max no. of shares one can buy in single order?

3. Does zerodha offer margin buying ?........By margin buying , I mean ability to buy stocks by paying part of amount & borrowing rest from broker & holding for multiple days.....even weeks

Regards

Gaurav
Maximum number of lots : 300 lots per order ( 15000 on nifty)

Maximum shares in one order in terms of value is Rs 5 crores

margin buying is given for intraday from Zerodha. For overnight positions we have a tie up with ILFS with whom we have partnered for our DP services. If required, we can set up a margin funding with them and you would then get the facility of holding upto 3 times for as long as you want...

Cheers...

Zerodha

Hi,
Or
or
Futures are leveraged products, so when you are buying for 3lks of nifty you are putting up only Rs 30,000.

The reason people trade futures is because you get to leverage without any cost. So even though you are buying something worth 3lks with 30k in your account, you don't have to pay anyone interest for the remaining 2.7lks...

So if you buy at 6000 and sell at 6025, you will make a profit of 25 points, multiply it by 50(1lot of nifty) and you have a profit of Rs 1250.

In any business there is a cost of running business and there are various people who make money of your business, in the stock markets you have the :

1. Brokers... Brokerage
2. NSE: you trade on NSE, so they would want to make some money of you...
3. Central Govt: Security transaction tax.
4. State govt: Stamp duty
5. regulator: SEBI charges

Breakeven can vary between 1.6 points to 14 points depending on which broker you trade with... If you do only 1 lot with us, the breakeven is around 2.5 points and with increase in trading size will bring it down to 1.6points..

Hope this helps... ;) ...

Cheers..

Breakeven can vary between 1.6 points to 14 points depending on which broker you trade with... If you do only 1 lot with us, the breakeven is around 2.5 points and with increase in trading size will bring it down to 1.6points..

Hope this helps... ;) ...
Cheers..
It certainly did help. Thanks a ton for the reply. It now makes more sense to trade in Index Futures as well. No more fretting over option pricing and deltas and gammas and vegas and what not. For once, each point move results in real rupee change of the underlying. Agreed, options have their own advantages which I certainly don't need to go into, but Futures do give us newbies some hope of making money in these crazy markets. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.