Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

OHLC is not working.Intraday is working OK.But poor quality.That is the
reason why some many people are depending on other charting software.
It is a fact ,even Sachin once agreed.
If all goes well, thanks to sumo from traderji, we can very soon (by end of this month), be able to provide our traders with data that can be used on amibroker(included preset trading systems)...

Thanks again sumo...

Cheers...

Zerodha

Team Zerodha :

With all the messages/emails and messenger requests, it becomes difficult for you to address all queries and sort things out....in a systematic way.

I suggest you assign a ticket number to each query you get via email/this forum[if client id given] so that FIFO method is used to address all queries and nothing is missed.

Coz, its been 2 days since i sent you email for my b/o password and no response yet....:(

on a lighter note : did you bite off more than you could chew??? in terms of number of clients .....!?

thanks.
;) ... we are getting a lot to chew, but what do we say we have a lot of hungry stomachs...

We are setting up a crm tool for that,

I realized what the problem was, we recently shifted our email servers and all the back office password reset requests were going to a different email id...

Our bad, you should have it in the next half hour.... Please do mail us on india@zerodha or info@zerodha anytime you have any requests.... We have a ticketing system on these 2 id's ... cheers...

Zerodha

Thank you Zerodha!

For the first time since I have started trading, especially in options - my transaction charges are 4 times the brokerage :)

Options trading intraday with genuine profit making ability is finally a reality!

Also, amazing service from Zerodha - my forms reached Bangalore by courier on Monday afternoon and I traded on Tuesday.

The only negative is the NOW.exe, I dont seem to be able to find the Top N by F&O. I cant see top puts, top calls, top futures - only Top N for equities.

Also, like a lot of people on this thread I cant seem to get the charts to work on NOW.exe.
NOW is a good terminal to TRADE on( I mean Trade on ;) ) .... for everything else we are doing our best to find a solution....

Thanks... Sachin....

NOW is a good terminal to TRADE on( I mean Trade on ;) ) .... for everything else we are doing our best to find a solution....

Thanks... Sachin....
Sachin, All in all I agree NOW is a good terminal to trade on - the one exception being Buy and Sell keys are bunched too close - I actually ended up selling when I wanted to buy - dint repeat that mistake again :)

The rest I can live with - except not being able to figure out what options are hot! I guess not too many people do options trading otherwise we would have seen a lot more requests for this feature.

But, thanks again to you and the team at Zerodha!

Nitin

columbus

Hi Raj,

SBI hasn't been activated yet, hence you can't see any bank in the drop down... SBI is taking way too long to have the gateway activated even though the tie up is already done... Till then you will have to use NEFT or RTGS for fund transfers...

Cheers...
We can use Now xpress for funds transfer.

VJAY

If all goes well, thanks to sumo from traderji, we can very soon (by end of this month), be able to provide our traders with data that can be used on amibroker(included preset trading systems)...

Thanks again sumo...

Cheers...
Dear sachin,
If this news is true then am sure no one can beat you in this pro............:clap::clapping::thumb:

columbus

how do I sqareoff overnight position of nify fut. It stillshowing -50 thouh Ig had sq off all yesterday.
Masters---->ADMIN--->netwise+positions+squareoff................OLD positions
Masters---->ADMIN--->daywise+positions+squareoff...........Today's positions

To square transactions at MKT rates.
I do not know how to square off at a LIMIT price.
To be frank ,I expected another drop down menu/form, on square off ,but
it did not happen.

It is wise for ZERODHA to have 2 options like
1.Square at MKT
2.Square at LIMIT.

absolute.zero

Hi,

The thing is these things are one off cases and what we are observing is these issues are coming up where multiple applications are being used at same time, I have personally seen this issue happen with a client who used to keep google charting , yahoo charting , money control etc etc open... But it worked perfectly when everything else closed....If the system is one of the the latest one, shouldn't be a problem... Let us check it out today and see if same thing happens.... Cheers..
Hi Sachin

Thanks for the clarification. I replaced ini file sent by Zerodha, but the terminal still hangs. It is really difficult to trade highly liquid Nifty options in case Terminal hangs and rates stop refreshing.
I use " icharts " for charting and I can't avoid using it as NOW's charting is not that good. I think, this may be reason behind the problem.
I hope Zerodha will soon start " RT Data from NOW to Amibroker" services and many such problems will be solved. Till then, I will anyhow manage.
Please keep us informed on this development.:)

Zerodha

If the Set Trigger Price as Limit Price option is selected, there is no need to enter the limit price separately in the SL order. Isn't it so?
You mentioned SL-L and SL-M orders. Is this the way to use a SL-M order --- by selecting the Trigger Price as Limit Price option?
Dumb question... know that:p
I am a firm believer in Mr Wister's quote: " Don't be afraid to ask dumb questions, theyr'e more easily handled than dumb mistakes." ;)...

Every stop loss needs 2 things(trigger and price) ...

Trigger is the point where you want your stop loss to be activated.. assume you bought nifty at 5000 and you want to place a stop loss.. Say you are ready to take a 25pnt loss... So you want to have a stop loss at 4975...

In the above case, assume you keep your trigger price at 4975, what happens is till 4975 is recorded on the exchange your stop loss will not get activated... as soon as 4975 is recorded on the exchange, your trigger gets activated and your order is placed on the exchange... This order that goes to the exchange now is what you need to decide if it has to be market or limit...... at 4975, you can send your order either for selling nifty at market price or send it at limit price.... if you send market, it guarantees you execution, if you send limit it doesn't...

Does it mean that if you put a SL-M, it guarantees you execution??

No, it guarantees execution only if your trigger price is hit on the exchange.
in the above example, what if nifty fell from 4980 to 4970 in 1 shot?? 4975 will not be recorded in the exchange and hence your trigger will not get activated...

The gist of the story is that, stop loss orders doesn't guarantee exit... Again, if you are putting stop loss , SL-M is a much better option(in liquid contracts)....

Cheers...

Status
Not open for further replies.