Status
Not open for further replies.
300 lots can be bought in 1 trade....
Sachin, IMHO 300 lots for options is a very small figure - Sharekhan allows 5000 lots in one order and some of the other brokers have higher per order limits.

Is there a specific reason for the 300 lot limit? Is this configurable for a specific client requirement or is this a limitation of the NOW platform?

I have already sent 2 forms and this week I plan on sending in a few more - my strategy is based on high volumes per trade and the 300 lot limit could potentially make it very difficult for me to execute my strategy.

Zerodha

dear sir,
i am trading with zerodha for the past three months.i am happy with your service so far.i have few queries to you.
1. how to do BTST in zerodha.is it safe to sell the shares the next day with out being introuble of auction.some friend of mine said to me that shares credited to demat on t+2 days so we safely sell on third day instead of second day exe: buy on monday sell on wednesday(shares credited into demat on
wednesday evening).
2.i have hdfc bank savings account .a/c no is 00581000130230 please add this to nse web express so that i can transfer pay in instantly.i have given cancelled cheque on account opening.my id is DP0006-13906.
3.when i tried to post this question on facebook i found that zerodha page was missing in facebook.
thanks
m.prakash
1. BTST is allowed but at your risk. There is always a risk of auction with any broker you trade with.. The chances are very very less with liquid A group stocks...

2. Can you leave us an email about this on india@zerodha ... We will do it immediately if it is not already done...

3. Our facebook page is pretty active, don't know why it is showing missing for you.. .Will check it out...

Cheers...

Zerodha

Dear ,Sachin..my volume always above 5 lacs......M trading in cash.......if I buy 500 sbi @ 1000.........wat will b total brokerage..with other cost ...in intraday.......
If you buy and sell 500 SBI , Brok: Rs 40( 20 buy and 20 sell) , Everything else will together come to around Rs 180... Together around 0.5 Rs breakeven point....The good thing about Karnataka is the max stamp duty per day is Rs 50... Leave us your number on india@zerodha, will send you the brok calculator and also give u a buzz...

Zerodha

Sachin, IMHO 300 lots for options is a very small figure - Sharekhan allows 5000 lots in one order and some of the other brokers have higher per order limits.

Is there a specific reason for the 300 lot limit? Is this configurable for a specific client requirement or is this a limitation of the NOW platform?

I have already sent 2 forms and this week I plan on sending in a few more - my strategy is based on high volumes per trade and the 300 lot limit could potentially make it very difficult for me to execute my strategy.
Hi Nit,

I meant 300 lots(and not 300 nifty). ... If you are trading nifty then 15000 nifty makes 300 lots.... U must have mistaken what I meant by 300 lots, but if you think 15000 nifty is very small figure, then Jesus you are definitely a big trader... ;)...

300 lots on f&o is an exchange set limit for everyone(retail, institutions etc) for a single order...couldn't catch your name from traderji id, can you leave me your namem and number on india@zerodha?? Can clarify this to you... Cheers...

Couldn't catch your name with your id,

Hi Nit,

I meant 300 lots(and not 300 nifty). ... If you are trading nifty then 15000 nifty makes 300 lots.... U must have mistaken what I meant by 300 lots, but if you think 15000 nifty is very small figure, then Jesus you are definitely a big trader... ;)...

300 lots on f&o is an exchange set limit for everyone(retail, institutions etc) for a single order...couldn't catch your name from traderji id, can you leave me your namem and number on india@zerodha?? Can clarify this to you... Cheers...

Couldn't catch your name with your id,
Hi Sachin

I trade in a lot of OTM options, as many as 1 lakh options at a time :)

My daily trade in options is pretty high and so it is for most of the people I am troducing to zerodha. I have left you my number on the above email I'd. I would love to get your take on this as well.

Thanks
Nitin

Zerodha

In RKG there is 9 Rs per executed order (multiple orders may be executed while putting single trade) how is with Zerodha ?

Also mention account opening charges and AMC.
Hi Dweep, if you are talking about fno with RKG it is Rs 9 per lot, with us it is 20 Rs per executed order( whatever the size of your order)... Do visit our website or leave us your number on [email protected] ... Cheers...

Seems i dont understand the system much :( . I bought 900 Shares of Assam Company. Even NOW shows 900 in holding.Today is t+2 day.I got sms from NSDL that they credited 200 stocks to my account.I checked NSDL account and saw only 200 shares.Where are 700 shares gone?

Zerodha

Seems i dont understand the system much :( . I bought 900 Shares of Assam Company. Even NOW shows 900 in holding.Today is t+2 day.I got sms from NSDL that they credited 200 stocks to my account.I checked NSDL account and saw only 200 shares.Where are 700 shares gone?
Hi Nilesh,

It is probably the best thing we(zerodha) are doing by sorting these issues online.... It is such a good education for everyone, as these queries are perfectly valid ones and 99.5% of people don't understand this....

About your query,

If shares are bought on monday, ideally you should get them on T+2, so by wednesday you should have it...

But what happens when the person who sold you the shares doesn't deliver them?? Exchange guarantees delivery of every single transaction, and it conducts an auction market to make good of the guy who failed to deliver... The guy who fails to deliver has to pay the fine...

Auction happens on T+3 day, hence exchange gets this share for you and delivers on T+3 day....

In your case, 200 was delivered and the person(s) who sold you the remaining 700 defaulted. Exchange will get these shares from the auction market and deliver it tomorrow...

Hope this clarifies...

Cheers....

Status
Not open for further replies.