Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

NOW is decent to trade on...however the charting sucks...the charts don't even update on their own and we can't draw even a single line on them...TAME has a 10min delay...

I was hoping I could discontinue my e-Signal subscription once I started trading on NOW :(
We are having a decent number of clients now and are trying to cut a deal with a reliable vendor for a good charting tool...The power of numbers can help us push the cost down for a good charting software which can otherwise cost a bit....

Zerodha

Good luck for the exciting journey.. Would be in bangalore some tim soon.. Will try to get in touch with you then.. :)

Is there a way to import data from NOW to amibroker ??
like we can do in PIB and TT wit the help of some utilities...
Data can't be imported..

Will be a pleasure to have you here... Do give us a buzz when you are in town...

Zerodha

@Sachin(Zerodha)

I am confused with the following, whether it is my mistake or software bug, could you please clarify.

Today, I purchased 4 Lots Nifty @ 5686.00 JAN through nowonline.in express and since i did not want the trade to go against me, somewhere i read that if i put a sell at a lower price i.e. 5670.00 and was ready for a loss of Rs.3200/- if at all it went to the level of 5670.00 but when i keyed in the information to sell at 5670.00 JAN, the software immediately executed the sell order at 5688.00. Luckly in this case there was no loss to me but still I am perplexed as to what went wrong here.

In nowonline.in, in order to put a stop loss, suppose i put a buy of 200 at 5686.00, i can put a sell of 200 at 5670.00 and it should get executed only if the market reaches 5670 is it not. I saw that at the time of putting the above order the market was at 5688.

Could you let me know what went wrong here.
Assume you have a mobile phone to sell, there is this guy who wants to buy at Rs 10000... If you tell him that you want to sell at Rs 9500, what will happen???

When you buy at 5686, if you want to determine the price at which you want to sell, use the limit order, if you put limit order at 5690, it will be pending till nifty reaches 5690.. but at 5688, you put a limit order to sell at 5670, your order will become a market order, it will get sold immediately...

What you were trying to do was to setup a stop loss order such that if nifty goes to 5670, your order gets executed.. For doing this, choose sell on nifty futures and opt for SL(stop loss) in the drop down box...Stop loss orders need a trigger price at which your order becomes active, till then it will be passive... Choose a trigger price , in your case, say 5671 and then put a price of 5670.... What will happen is: when nifty goes to 5671 your sell order gets triggered and your nifty sell order of 5670 will get active in system....

Just the opposite way to put stop loss for short positions...

Cheers...

Fantastic!!!

If this happens at a reasonable price, I will also open a trading account of my own.

Currently I am using my family's zerodha account to get the feel of it.

We are having a decent number of clients now and are trying to cut a deal with a reliable vendor for a good charting tool...The power of numbers can help us push the cost down for a good charting software which can otherwise cost a bit....

.Pride.

in addition to good charting software, you should also try to get a high quality data feed too

no point in owning a supercar if we don't have access to high-octane fuel :)

rajeabc

What you were trying to do was to setup a stop loss order such that if nifty goes to 5670, your order gets executed.. For doing this, choose sell on nifty futures and opt for SL(stop loss) in the drop down box...Stop loss orders need a trigger price at which your order becomes active, till then it will be passive... Choose a trigger price , in your case, say 5671 and then put a price of 5670.... What will happen is: when nifty goes to 5671 your sell order gets triggered and your nifty sell order of 5670 will get active in system....

Just the opposite way to put stop loss for short positions...

Cheers...
Has anyone tried this ?

If some one could help in developing a utility to convert NSE NOW data into any charting sw, even that would be great...

Would like to say one thing - the Indian investor/trader after being duped over all those years by people, right from Harshad Mehta to Ketan parikh and all those brokers, who give tips as if rolling a dice... a company like yours seem like a whiff of fresh air..its like breathin oxygen after you have been choked..

If you/Zerodha is what they sound (or in this case what your are writing :p), then its a long sought after relief and really heartening... Wish you luck again...

Cheers

Was plannin to go abroad after completin my CMT.. Have jus started thinkin again... :)

in addition to good charting software, you should also try to get a high quality data feed too

no point in owning a supercar if we don't have access to high-octane fuel :)

yes you are right pride.

yes time is money so i can understand Zerodha your rush for giving the best.

I appreciate all the efforts its rare to see a broker online like this...Charting software yes its imp once implemented with RT feed as pride said with good technical backup thats one big achievement down the line to fire up your growth line and a strong point to put forward.

Once i read this line somewhere: One who knows the need and the way to fulfill it does not need to spend long time walking the road towards success...

cheers:thumb:[/COLOR]

Status
Not open for further replies.