Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

manojborle

Hi Zerodha
In near future, Do you have any plans to include money management tool in zerodha trader ?
It will be really very helpful if it is available in ZT.

Hello !
I think ,only 30 scrips in all groups is quite less. There should be 15 top traded stocks in one group. Then 15 Scrips from Commodities . 5 scrips from currency segment. This seems to be minimum. It is a nuisance to add these scrips every time to groups.

Then whenever you want to trade options , you have to add at least 5/7 scrips which are most active contracts for that underlying. Assuming you are watching options for 3 scrips at a time , at least 60 scrips active in all the market watches is minimum.

So how do I enable this. Thanks

(added Later) Is there any way to make a group lie inactive so it not counted in subscriptions.& then whenever you need it , make it active.

Last edited:

Zerodha

Zerodha,

I use ZT.

Is there any option to include real-time PCR in the market watch?

For example, 6100 strike : real time changes in PCR ?
You can actually compare option scrips for any Future by selecting the scrip in your market watch and pressing Ctrl + Alt + D. Or you can right click on the scrip in your market watch, select Tools < Option Chain.
There's no real-time PCR per se on ZT. For the uninitiated, PCR is put-call ratio. :)

Zerodha

Hello,
I am new here need some basic help regarding account opening.
So situation is i have saving account in bank of baroda and i want to open trading+demat account.
For trading i want to use online discount brokerage like zerodha,tradesmart etc. but i dont want to open demat account with them.
So confusion is regarding opening demat account(DPs)
1.should i open demat account with my bank itself?
2.or go with brokers like angel,iifl as they have branches in my city.

So now suppose if i open demat account with angel and brokerage with zerodha wont there be problem with having 2 brokers though i will be just using depositry services of angel.

Pls give your suggestions.

Thanks
Hi Neoman,

For demat you will open with us in any case a demat with IL&FS, ILFS is the biggest DP in terms of holdings in the country. They most likely will also have an office in your city.

You can open demat with your bank, so you can use our trading account to buy stocks, but you will not be able to sell through us. You will then have to sell using Bank of Baroda by paying their brokerage.

One demat account you can buy using any number of trading accounts with various brokers. But when you are selling, you can sell online through only one, because the POA you can give on a demat to only one broker..

Cheers..

lvgandhi

spread order problem.
Today I opened with previous balance sale of banknifty13mayfut 50nos.
I put a spread order buying 50 nos of banknifty13mayfut and selling 50 nos of banknifty13junfut. It was rejected for margin reasons as shown below in log.
30May2013,11:13:53 -- NFO ORDER: SPREAD ReportType:validation pending Status:validation pending NESTOrderNo:130530000012165 DAY for DS0030 by DS0030 ExchangeOrderNo: NA FIRST LEG OF SPREAD ORDER : BUY Total QTY:50 Open QTY:50 Filled QTY:0 Disc. QTY:50 of BANKNIFTY13MAYFUT at 0.00 ExchangeOrderNo: NA SECOND LEG OF SPREAD ORDER : SELL Total QTY:50 Open QTY:50 Filled QTY:0 Disc. QTY:50 of BANKNIFTY13JUNFUT at 0.00
30May2013,11:13:53 -- NFO ORDER: SPREAD ReportType:failure Status:rejected Rejection Reason: RMS:Margin Exceeds,Required:122755.41, Available:84266.97 for entity account-DS0030 across exchange across segment across product
If I don't have initial position, then margin requirement is OK as per log. But with initial position, I am just covering and buying new. Hence margin should be applicable for new position. Further if it is limit order question of not failure of cover order and hence more margin is OK. I have placed market order. Hence something need to be done for spread order with type market order.

Hi Neoman,

For demat you will open with us in any case a demat with IL&FS, ILFS is the biggest DP in terms of holdings in the country. They most likely will also have an office in your city.

You can open demat with your bank, so you can use our trading account to buy stocks, but you will not be able to sell through us. You will then have to sell using Bank of Baroda by paying their brokerage.

One demat account you can buy using any number of trading accounts with various brokers. But when you are selling, you can sell online through only one, because the POA you can give on a demat to only one broker..

Cheers..
Thanks a lot Zerodha for response.
Can you pls tell what are the various charges for opening trading+demat account with you.
also can you pls post the branch contact details of ILFS in Lucknow.
Looking forward to open an account soon with you guys.

Last edited:
Zerodha,

Whenever time permits please put up a blog on currency trading.
I mean what are the margin requirements, expiry of contracts,
risk associated and basically introduction to currency trading with an example if possible.

Thank you.

Zerodha

(added Later) Is there any way to make a group lie inactive so it not counted in subscriptions.& then whenever you need it , make it active.
Yeh! This is possible. Just right click on your market watch and you get two options:
1. Subscribe For this Group - This lets you get quotes for the whole group.
2. Subscribe on Check - You can only check the scrips for which you need quotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.