Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zerodha,

Thanks for every help in this regard BUT, BUT to inform you that I have already gone through this file and could NOT understand :-

(1) HOW TO WRITE A FORMULA FOR Rs 440/Crore, & ALSO ........

(2) WHAT FORMULA SHOULD I USE WHEN I DON'T KNOW THE TRANSACTION CHARGES METHOD (Service Tax = 12% on Brokerage+Transaction Charge) - What are the "Transaction Charges" here, please explain.

Hope you (or anybody else) would be able to throw some light upon these things.

shekharz
Hmm.. how to write a formulae?

Contract size * price * 0.0044 is the transaction charge for comm..
Thanks Zerodha,

I have made the calculation sheet, but the fact is, it is NOT perfect yet, especially on the Rs 50 Stamp Duty part, because if one is trading twice-thrice or more in a day, I could not find any way out how to calculate brokerage for these different trades after applying this Rs 50 Stamp Duty once only, hence I have added this Rs 50 in whole calculation whether single trade in a day or multiple trades, it will calculate Rs 50 every time (that is not going to bother me anyhow). Finally, the charges are still a little different than those being shown on your website but that does not matter at all too because the final amount being shown in my calculation sheet is near to actual amount in my account, so it will do the work.

shekharz
Hi Zerodha,

The calculation sheet I made is now WORKING PERFECTLY, and even the "Paisa" (decimal) are matching too. I have also made it to work with the Rs 50 Stamp Duty part, whether one takes 1 Entry+Exit in a day or 10 Entry+Exit, it will deduct only Rs 50 when the date changes, otherwise it will NOT deduct that Rs 50.

NOW MY CONCERN IS :-

Can you give me the calculations for brokerage with the latest changes with effect from 1st June 2013 onwards, so that I may amend the formula & get the latest calculation of new brokerage structure in my excel sheet.

Waiting for your response.

shekharz

Hello

Wanted to know:

Whats the last day to close positions on GOLD with Zerodha?

For example:

If I have say 10 lots of GOLD buy, what will be the last time and day to close out the position?

Zerodha

if I buy 100 quantity of put 3 times (3 orders) and sell 100 quantity 3 times (3 orders).
I have given a total of 6 Orders.

I have 3 queries:

1) How can I see the Completed Order in Order Book. (apart from the pending orders)

2) The admin window (net wise,overall) shows one row for all the 3 buy orders and 1 for all the 3 sell orders. So I have no open position in market as of now.

now If I buy another 100 put options. The admin window shows me the average/total buy price for the 4 buy Orders and the average/total sell price for the 3 sell Orders(as I had already bought and sold 100 3 times each).

My problem is that in the admin window I am not able to track at what price I put the 4th Buy order?

I want to see all the 7 orders in the admin window. I know that I have squared my earlier 3 put orders, so now I want to track and square off only the 4th put Oder, but while doing so I want to track its price in the admin window? How can I do so?

3)I can see the trades in the back office but can I see my past Orders (6 orders in above case) in the Back Office ?

thanks.

You have to choose 'Confirm Scrips Download' when you're logging into the trading platform. Alternatively, you can click on Preferences < General < Reconcile to refresh all your orders/trades/positions for the day.
Zerodha

I do not have the General tab within Preferences? I am using ZT 3.10.57.97.7 version. Do I need to update my version of ZT. How can I see the Reconcile option in my ZT?

thanks

Zerodha

Hi Zerodha,

The calculation sheet I made is now WORKING PERFECTLY, and even the "Paisa" (decimal) are matching too. I have also made it to work with the Rs 50 Stamp Duty part, whether one takes 1 Entry+Exit in a day or 10 Entry+Exit, it will deduct only Rs 50 when the date changes, otherwise it will NOT deduct that Rs 50.

NOW MY CONCERN IS :-

Can you give me the calculations for brokerage with the latest changes with effect from 1st June 2013 onwards, so that I may amend the formula & get the latest calculation of new brokerage structure in my excel sheet.

shekharz
The only thing which changes is the STT gets reduced from 0.017% to 0.01% on equity futures trading and CTT goes from 0 to 0.01% on commodity trading..

Zerodha

Hello

Wanted to know:

Whats the last day to close positions on GOLD with Zerodha?

For example:

If I have say 10 lots of GOLD buy, what will be the last time and day to close out the position?
You will have to square off by evening (by 6pm) before the day gold enters compulsory delivery period which is typically 5 days before expiry...

Zerodha

Zerodha

if I buy 100 quantity of put 3 times (3 orders) and sell 100 quantity 3 times (3 orders).
I have given a total of 6 Orders.

I have 3 queries:

1) How can I see the Completed Order in Order Book. (apart from the pending orders)

2) The admin window (net wise,overall) shows one row for all the 3 buy orders and 1 for all the 3 sell orders. So I have no open position in market as of now.

now If I buy another 100 put options. The admin window shows me the average/total buy price for the 4 buy Orders and the average/total sell price for the 3 sell Orders(as I had already bought and sold 100 3 times each).

My problem is that in the admin window I am not able to track at what price I put the 4th Buy order?

I want to see all the 7 orders in the admin window. I know that I have squared my earlier 3 put orders, so now I want to track and square off only the 4th put Oder, but while doing so I want to track its price in the admin window? How can I do so?

3)I can see the trades in the back office but can I see my past Orders (6 orders in above case) in the Back Office ?

thanks.
1. Go to order book and search by status completed. This would show the completed orders..

2. Admin positions will basically show you net position that you are holding and as and when you keep buying/selling the average buy/sell price will keep updating.
The best way for you to track what your buying price was for the last order you placed, click on f3, go to the completed order and double click on the completed order, you will see the average price at which your order was executed in this new window.

3. Backoffice will show only trades and not orders..

Zerodha

Zerodha

I do not have the General tab within Preferences? I am using ZT 3.10.57.97.7 version. Do I need to update my version of ZT. How can I see the Reconcile option in my ZT?

thanks
Ctrl + P will open preference settings,

You will on the left see a white box which should show an option, general. If you click on general you will see reconcile.

General will be showing, you must be missing it. Get one of our support guys on the phone, they will guide you with this.

Cheers,

The only thing which changes is the STT gets reduced from 0.017% to 0.01% on equity futures trading and CTT goes from 0 to 0.01% on commodity trading..
Thanks Zerodha,

It means that other than all of the expenses "already" added into calculation, I will have to further add the calculation as below :-

(1) Quantity (Lot Size) X Price (Buy or Sell or Buy+Sell, as required) X 0.01% and then to add other expenses already added, OR IF THERE IS SOMETHING I AM MISSING.

(2) CTT goes from 0 to 0.01% on commodity trading. Your message is not clear yet whether 0.01% on SELL side (as it is done in Futures) or BOTH Buy+Sell sides. Though I have already calculated it for BOTH BUY+SELL sides.

shekharz

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.