Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

simplebuthard

Working as Trading Assistant. Hire me !!
I was in highly need of withdraw funds but forget to give withdrawal request before 7:30 pm .. i just gave withdraw request around 8:15 pm only. Is there any chance for receiving money tomorrow? or I have to wait until Tuesday morning??. Hell I am, how forget to give request.

simplebuthard

Working as Trading Assistant. Hire me !!
I was in highly need of withdraw funds but forget to give withdrawal request before 7:30 pm .. i just gave withdraw request around 8:15 pm only. Is there any chance for receiving money tomorrow? or I have to wait until Tuesday morning??. Hell I am, how forget to give request.
Mailed to zerodha and got reply as withdrawal request processed already for me. Thanks Zerodha. You made my weekend.

Zerodha,

Do you think TradePlusOnline, tradesmartonline, SAS online etc. are a threat to your business? They offer the exac same thing as you at a far cheaper cost. What is your take on this?

They are doing to you, what you did to other big brokers when u started business (undercutting).

Almost all discount brokers are the same.. Considering Pi and ur other features that are supposed to be the point of difference, are not at all game changing in any way.. Where do u think this rat race will lead in the future?

NJ23

----------

Last edited:
Zerodha,

Today I am going to request you to give us something which will increase your backoffice coding work but it will be a great help to traders. You know that there has been a series of discussions and interpretations of what constitutes " turnover" for deciding whether the requirement of audit is applicable.

In Q software you have given the turnover based on the advice you received from few CAs and you are calculating on per scrip/per settlement wise. But you know that ICAI paper on it is ambiguous and many CAs are of the opinion that the profit/loss of each trade is to be added ( not netted) and as this defination is more suited to IT , the ITO also may insist on it. Many CAs are insisting that this be done on FIFO basis on each trade and as you have captured all trade data for backoffice /60 days challenge etc, can you make some changes in your software and give us turnover on tradewise...( it can be given for each month and finally full year. ) CAs are insisting that traders keep record of trades on Excel sheets and do the calculation which will be very labourius. So in addition to the existing turnover figure you can also give turnover calculated on tradewise. That will put the traders on absolute sure wicket with the IT .

The above should be possible in a computer programme...and it will be a big USP for zerodha which the competitors do not have...it will also increase the business as many will start trading fully with zerodha instead of having 2-3 brokers. That makes a great business sense and investor service. Give it from the current financial year if you like....

Smart_trade

Last edited:

cloudTrader

Zerodha,

Today I am going to request you to give us something which will increase your backoffice coding work but it will be a great help to traders. You know that there has been a series of discussions and interpretations of what constitutes " turnover" for deciding whether the requirement of audit is applicable.

In Q software you have given the turnover based on the advice you received from few CAs and you are calculating on per scrip/per settlement wise. But you know that ICAI paper on it is ambiguous and many CAs are of the opinion that the profit/loss of each trade is to be added ( not netted) and as this defination is more suited to IT , the ITO also may insist on it. Many CAs are insisting that this be done on FIFO basis on each trade and as you have captured all trade data for backoffice /60 days challenge etc, can you make some changes in your software and give us turnover on tradewise...( it can be given for each month and finally full year. ) CAs are insisting that traders keep record of trades on Excel sheets and do the calculation which will be very labourius. So in addition to the existing turnover figure you can also give turnover calculated on tradewise. That will put the traders on absolute sure wicket with the IT .

The above should be possible in a computer programme...and it will be a big USP for zerodha which the competitors do not have...it will also increase the business as many will start trading fully with zerodha instead of having 2-3 brokers. That makes a great business sense and investor service. Give it from the current financial year if you like....

Smart_trade
I reckon, if this happens, I will be one of the new client of Zerodha as you said..