4.install fresh copy of zerodha
5.go to c drive: programefiles and copy omensys folder and copy to d ro e drive
6.open omenysys folder nest - open nesttrader.exe
7.worked for me on windows 8 with out error
Thanks.. I am using windows 8.1 and this has worked for me

Snake.Head

Same here no problem
Only problem was login at 9
So i started NestTrader.exe in admin mode and running fine no disconnects till now

On my end working flawlessly. no disruption - nothing else
[never use the charts of zt - so cant comment - using ami ]
[installed in C drive under Program files and os is Win 7 ultimate. net connection is cable net - 256 kbps. also using the earlier version ]

rgds

Please follow below listed steps to fix the issue --

1) Uninstall existing NEST from your PC
2) Re-install the latest version from Zerodha website (3.11)
3) Post installation go to -- Start > Zerodha Trader and right click > properties > Compatibility
4) Check 'Run this program in compatibility mode for' box
5) Check 'Run this program as an administrator' under 'Privilege Level' section.
6) Done - Now you are good to run the ZT.

Hope this would help!!
Tried this method and it is working . The workaround of copying to another drive too was working for me, but wanted to try this method and it is working now. :clap::clap::clapping:

Thank you anand14may for the suggestion .

(What i have done before : I have installed the Nest Trader after changing the compatibility mode on the exe file itself before the installation but was not working .
After reading anand14may's suggestion , checked the compatibility mode again of the installed Program and was confused to find it is still showing Windows XP. So changed it to Windows 7 (which is my OS ) and clicked the administrator option too. )

All is fine now. :clapping:

Using ZT 3.11.2 today. Working fine at my end. Have not opened Nestcharts at all.

@Zerodha
A suggestion.

Since Pi is an in house project and you have upgraded your trading servers etc.

Publish a basic version of Pi without any charts, any expert advisors or algos etc.

In which there will be smooth execution / modification of orders, and seamless updating of quotes / order book / trade book etc.

Just a basic flawless trading platform which will available to all the clients all the time.

Build other versions with charts etc. so that anybody who wants them can use newer versions.

But the basic version should be available all the time on Q.

Snake.Head

Using ZT 3.11.2 today. Working fine at my end. Have not opened Nestcharts at all.

@Zerodha
A suggestion.

Publish a basic version of Pi without any charts, any expert advisors or algos etc.

In which there will be smooth execution / modification of orders, and seamless updating of quotes / order book / trade book etc.

Just a basic flawless trading platform which will available to all the clients all the time.

Build other versions with charts etc. so that anybody who wants them can use newer versions.

+1 for above suggestion

@Zerodha
A suggestion.

Yup.. with bracket orders and all..Suggested to them a long time ago about a minimum version but with maximum integrity..