Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Yup.. with bracket orders and all..Suggested to them a long time ago about a minimum version but with maximum integrity..
Yes need a stable light version of only trading software nothing else . . .
and continuation of the 90 days brokerage refund challenge :D

ZT working alright here, no issues . . . not using any charts, etc from the platform . . .

Happy :)

NJ23

TracerBullet

1.download fresh copy of zerodha from zerodha.com
2.uninstall nest from control panel uninstall programme option
3.restart computer
4.install fresh copy of zerodha
5.go to c drive: programefiles and copy omensys folder and copy to d ro e drive
6.open omenysys folder nest - open nesttrader.exe
7.worked for me on windows 8 with out error
Faced no problem yet, updated Nest/NestChart last week.

For everyone who is running ZT as admin / running in compat mode / copying to another path
1) Since Windows Vista, C:/Program files is protected and needs admin rights to modify. Only installation/update files are meant to go here
2) Ideally, program should write any writable/configuration stuff within your home/documents folder in C:\Users. This allows programs to run without admin for most cases.
3) Generally, Nest is Pest, old generation crap that they dont bother to maintain properly. So you face all these issues of having to run as admin.
4) Solution is simply to install it outside C:/Program Files. I put it and nest charts in C:/XXX/Omnesys/Nest and never have to do any of this.
5) Make sure to uninstall ZT and NestPlus before you update.

So, In general install old programs outside C:/Program Files to avoid having to run them as admin.
For once microsoft did something right, but stupid programs make a mess.

If you ran ZT as admin, then run excel as admin too...

Zerodha, Got an SMS in the morning that some changes have to be made on Pi and hence we should continue using Nest. So does that mean Pi is unusable as of now? Should I therefore log out of Pi?

Got hung for the nth time ... wasn't even running charts !!

Ok.. I get the hint, so I'll take a break. Shutting down the PC for now.
Using this whole time to run a few errands... :-/ Haven't seen a tick since morning...
Pathetic...!!
A day lost is a drag in the growth, both as a trader and financially...

akhill

Today is pathetic on part of new zerodha trader which they asked us to install.

worst thing is that the old version is unusable and will not even login.. so uninstaled it and installed new version which is more pathetic. Wont login.. have to try 10 - 15 times. After logging in, if NEST chart is opened, terminal gets struck and have to force close and open again.. then again try 10 times to login. regret coming back to zerodha after a break. should have stuck to my old broker itself.

cant imagine the situation of those who hold positions and suddenly terminal crashes and wont login and the wait times of zerodha phone service.