Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Trader J

Has Zerodha extended 60 days challenge beyond Sept 14 ? I finished my latest cycle of 60 days yesterday...

It is a good way of encouraging people to trade well and be profitable .

Smart_trade
Yes....Its now 31 December 14 :clap: :clap: :clap:

How much you score....I mean 6 /6 ? .... Now 2 trader showing EQ x 5 at Zerodha website

Dear Zerodha, Please post new interview...its long time pending.

Last edited:

Zerodha

brilliant.

Can you please explain the Streak tab output meaning ? Please explain how this can be useful.

e.g Interval = Daily

If I see

X days
Average Profit Streak
Date-1 to Date-2 ( Rs Y )

what does it mean ?
Streaks is something a few of our professional traders use quite a bit while trading, works for aggressive traders who have good money management policy.

Basically assume your longest historical losing streak is 5 days. Your current losing streak is also 5 days, what do you do now? One of the things most retail traders do is to either reduce trading or completely stop trading.

But, just the law of averages gives you a better odds of winning tomorrow, so an aggressive trader could use this day to up the trading size, instead of reducing.

Similarly if you are hitting the top end of the winning streak, you can reduce the size knowing that historically you hit a bad day around this time. A mistake that retail also do is, when they are winning and on a streak they keep increasing the size to give all the gains away on one bad day after the winning streak.

Just some of the ways to use this.

Streaks is something a few of our professional traders use quite a bit while trading, works for aggressive traders who have good money management policy.

Basically assume your longest historical losing streak is 5 days. Your current losing streak is also 5 days, what do you do now? One of the things most retail traders do is to either reduce trading or completely stop trading.

But, just the law of averages gives you a better odds of winning tomorrow, so an aggressive trader could use this day to up the trading size, instead of reducing.

Similarly if you are hitting the top end of the winning streak, you can reduce the size knowing that historically you hit a bad day around this time. A mistake that retail also do is, when they are winning and on a streak they keep increasing the size to give all the gains away on one bad day after the winning streak.

and what if by increasing his trading size he loses on that trade on that day.

probability of NEXT trade is always 50/50, doesn't matter which law you apply. :p.

Imagine the confidence of that aggressive trade.

Yes....Its now 31 December 14 :clap: :clap: :clap:

How much you score....I mean 6 /6 ? .... Now 2 trader showing EQ x 5 at Zerodha website

Dear Zerodha, Please post new interview...its long time pending.
Not kept the count but must be 5 atleast..

Smart_trade

megapixel

good info. Thanks ....it was helpful

will appreciate if you could focus integrating back office with live rates in portfolio ....presently EOD rates are updated at late night.

Thanks for the team for all of the hard work.

Zerodha

and what if by increasing his trading size he loses on that trade on that day.

probability of NEXT trade is always 50/50, doesn't matter which law you apply. :p.

Imagine the confidence of that aggressive trade.
Nothing guaranteed in the markets, but like Nithin was saying the other day, winning while trading is like building a good body, 20% is workout and 80% diet, sleep and everything else.

Similarly while trading, strategy is probably just 20 to 30% and everything else you do around it is what sets a winner apart. Just strategy doesn't make money in the long run, but unfortunately most retail always focus just on the strategy and forget everything else . The idea is to be able to make as many odds as in your favor as possible, whatever small that is.

But again, we can both agree to disagree :)

Zerodha , sometimes I have this feeling that you guys are real sadist. You guys are dropping butter nan , kofta to a famine hit guy in name of zero blocks to trading.
Now , give a suggestion for viewing live candlestick charts with low latency on mobile. Even paid data providers will do. ( today I could get the bear trend early but had to chicken out early with no live chart to watch.)

hey guys wats a client master list?
wanna activate equity intraday trading with zerodha. i already have a demat acc with icici and want to map it to zerodha trading acc(i knw tht if i take delivery, selling the shares is only possible thru icici)
thers some document called the client master sheet. where can i get it?