Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

zerodha, whatever the problem with the AMO orders, it doesn't account for the price getting stuck mid-day.
The number of clients who use after-market orders (AMO) has gone up significantly in the last few months. All the AMO's are collected and orders are placed as soon as the market opens at 9.15 am. This sudden gush of orders has been affecting the platform performance for the rest of the clients.

Placing equity (stocks) AMO orders at 9 am when the exchange pre-market opening session starts instead of when the normal market opens at 9.15 am benefits in two ways. It improves the order performance for all our clients at market open, and pre-market orders have higher execution priority as compared to normal orders.

So, w.e.f. 15th March 2017, equity AMO orders will be fired to the exchange at 9.00 am when the pre-market opens. Disclosed quantity and stoploss orders for equity are not allowed during pre-market, hence they won't be allowed for AMO orders.

Since future and option orders can't be placed during pre-market session, all F&O AMO orders will continue to be placed like before at 9.15 am.

zerodha, whatever the problem with the AMO orders, it doesn't account for the price getting stuck mid-day.
Remember the saying - if you cant convince them, then confuse them.

Z has done exactly the same. The AMO stuff they wrote is just not related to the opening freeze or the mid day freeze. But they put AMO issue so smartly that readers will think that because of business growth this and that has happened and z is actively addressing it. Bull potty.

It was just a coincidence that they started placing amo at 9 am from 15 .i.e yestrday. So since we had freezing issue due to some other reason they convieniently gave some logically sounding reason.

Also if this change was done w.e.f 15 mar, they should have sent this info before 15th not at closing of 15th. Also disclosed qty and sl is now not available in amo for equities. This is iimportant thing especially the amo sl orders. So should this important change not be communicated by email/sms.(*see edit)

Last edited:

msa5678

Dear Zerodha,
I had transferred 8k to my Zerodha trading account through my ICICI bank account, yesterday morning. The amount is still not credited to my trading account. Support ticket number xxx395 opened yesterday night is still not answered.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

yachusai

Zerodha Kite not opening i am trying nearly 30 min.
Yesterday night face same issue after speak with zerodha person problem solved . 1st they ask are you use jio i said no ( But i use jio :lol:) 2nd they said there is no issue with our side pls clear cookies in browser try different browser i said i done everything ( But i didnt do anything :rofl: ) . Last they did something in their side and then said try now then i logged in successfully . I ask zerodha person what is the problem what you done . They again said no issue with our side :lol:

msa5678

Dear Zerodha,
I had transferred 8k to my Zerodha trading account through my ICICI bank account, yesterday morning. The amount is still not credited to my trading account. Support ticket number xxx395 opened yesterday night is still not answered.

Zerodha sir,
Pls sort this out urgently. I need to place order, falling short of margin amount.

Last edited:
Dear Zerodha,

Zerodha sir,
Pls sort this out urgently. I need to place order, falling short of margin amount.

Posting here will not help, Z comes here at leisure. Since this is your individual account related thing, best will be to write or talk to them.
Btw, how did you transfer the money, through NEFT or payment gateway. PG is instant, NEFT will take time. I have never had issues with PG.