Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

yusi

Re: NOW memory usage

This is because there's data streamed into your trading terminal all throughout the day. Even if you haven't used charts, there'll be scrips on your market watch. You could also be viewing a few indices in the Index box. You may invoke the Admin Positions or Order Book, all of which again is data streaming.

It's ideal to have high RAM on your computer, maybe at least 2GB although I'd prefer if you have 4GB. Or you can close NOW every time it becomes sluggish and relogin. This usually speeds it up.
The response does not sound right. Data streaming to the market watch should not use up *any* additional memory; nor should watching indices. Unless, of course, all the symbol data is being cached -- and why should it be cached?

I can understand that the Order Book / Trades would use up some. Logs would use up some more; but clearing them does not help. So, as windows are opened and closed, perhaps 50 MB should be the outside estimate for the whole day. We are talking about 50 MB per hour.

Would appreciate a more insightful answer.

Edit: Checked the Odin Diet usage today. It started with 100 MB and by end-of-day had not crossed 130 MB. Same market watch portfolio + about two charts open.

Last edited:

Trader J

For all you guys having problems with the Nest Plus update of 1.7.1.0....

For ZT (97.7) - the upgrade version of Nest Plus is 1.7.1.0 To make sure that your computer has the latest version of Nest Plus, you have to download this package and replace it in C:\Program Files\Omnesys\NEST3
Please note that ZT could be installed anywhere in your computer and you have to replace the files in that folder.
Did you inform in advance ?

Zerodha

@zerodha,

Gone through some of the user reviews in this thread, am now somewhat interested in opening an account with you. I am already having a trading+demat account with some other broker right now. My queries are -

1. 'Do/should I have to open a seperate demat account with u also along with the trading account or my existing one will do? What are the pros/cons in this?
2. Do you have any local office support in Delhi?
3. Are you offering some discount for opening a new account with you for traderji members?

Thanks.

Candle
We hope our answers light you up, Candle.
1. It's best if you open a demat account with us because it facilitates easy buying and selling for equity delivery trades. If you map an external DP with Zerodha, you can buy from us for delivery but you cannot sell through us. You'll have to make delivery sales for equity from your other broker. Note that your intraday transactions are not affected by mapping an external DP.
2. We do not have a local office in Delhi yet... but it'll happen soon enough. Until then, you can call 080-40402020 from anywhere for support. Or you can email us at [email protected] or post on our blog Z-Connect.
3. We offer a discount if you print the application form on your own.

Dear Zerodha,

I know this request may appear silly, but still I will ask basing on what I have experienced/noticed. Request is, can you increase your RMS auto square-off time by 5 minutes for CO from 3:20 PM to 3:25 PM pleaseee? :)

Have often notice that interesting actions like huge short covering or selling coming in last 10 minutes. We miss out on this real action due to RMS auto cut-off limit. Would be very beneficial, especially for stock traders.

Ideally, the cut-off should happen just before 1 or 2 minutes of closing. But I do not think any broker will oblige given the risk associated with markets.

Sir, today while login message - "Plus autologin failure. this version no long supported"

Which version to download?. I tried one. but could not install:( kindly help.

Thanks
Brill
Got this email from Zerodha

Nest Plus has recently been updated to version 1.7.1.0 to fix the problem of volume data not appearing accurately on your terminal. This is a critical update for all technical traders, so we urge you to update immediately. Some of our users are having problems updating to the latest version, so our technical team has given us a package which can be replaced in -- C:\Program Files\Omnesys\Nest3.

How to?
1. Close ZT and go to this link to download the package for 1.7.1.0
2. Press Ctrl + S on that page to download the package.
3. Extract the Package to C:\Program Files\Omnesys\Nest3 (or wherever Zerodha Trader is installed on your computer).
4. Once replaced, run ZT again. Press Ctrl + Shift + P to check the version of Nest Plus. It should be 1.7.1.0.

Once you've updated to 1.7.1.0, the system will not ask you for the Nest Plus password again and you should be able to use charts and algoZ without any problems.

@zerodha I ve quite tricky query I even called ur cust. support to solve this query....But the person who received my call told that he ll call after 5mins till now there's no reply ;)

The query see i hold 200 shares of company ABC in my demat acc....today again i bought 100 shares of same company...so tomo im willing to sell 100 shares which i bought today...i.e BTST....so when i sell tomo the 100 shares will be released from my demat account...so in this case it can't be considered as BTST.....if i sell tomo again ill be charged by DP for receiving 100 shares in my demat??

Solve this??

Some rookie Zerodha Q's, sorry ive read the thread but cant remember all 10 k pages or so :}, just started w them

1) Is there a way i can that a running P/L for my ongoing position??

2) if i want to install the nest plus do i have to uninstall any prev version

3) how do i set the order book to default MARKET, tried in the preferences options, pressed the apply button, nothing .... same goes for order amount

ty very much

p.s.

i guess what is the easiest way of knowing ur financial status instead of waiting for the mtm? like say for eg MT$ does.

i know the order book and trade book