Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Zerodha

Some rookie Zerodha Q's, sorry ive read the thread but cant remember all 10 k pages or so :}, just started w them

1) Is there a way i can that a running P/L for my ongoing position??

2) if i want to install the nest plus do i have to uninstall any prev version

3) how do i set the order book to default MARKET, tried in the preferences options, pressed the apply button, nothing .... same goes for order amount

ty very much

p.s.

i guess what is the easiest way of knowing ur financial status instead of waiting for the mtm? like say for eg MT$ does.

i know the order book and trade book
Yes, Admin position window for this, check this out: http://zerodha.com/z-connect/tradez...rsion/zt-view-positions-using-admin-positions

You are not required to uninstall the previous one.

Preference settings is the way to do this, make sure that you are chosing the preference setting for the right product type, if you have trouble with this send an email to [email protected]

Zerodha

Why you removed the basket order facility today evening though followed your suggestions ? What was wrong with todays orders ? Don't you like I to win the 60 day challenge ? or Zerodha is meant only for high brokerage payers ? Does Zerodha have any relation with operators ??
basket orders for 100 different stock if placed by 100 different people at one time can cause issues for 5000 other people using the platform.

We will have a solution for this soon..

Hey Punter, U have given the question and the answer yourself.. ;)..
:D . Knew the request unlikely to get fulfilled :) But I hope in the future it becomes possible to increase it further by 5 minutes. C'mon! we are not lagging that much. It has been increased once already I guess in the past! So hope one day.... :)

Why you removed the basket order facility today evening though followed your suggestions ? What was wrong with todays orders ? Don't you like I to win the 60 day challenge ? or Zerodha is meant only for high brokerage payers ? Does Zerodha have any relation with operators ??
Good you asked this query on the basket order, it reminded me my query which I forgot to ask. :)

Dear Zerodha, have you made any change to CO as well? Asking 'cos CO was not working with some stocks today. It did not work y'day with one stock also I think, but I moved on thinking it a one-off case. It was giving something like this error: "first leg of order...rejected", though I always put the number of shares after diligently checking it with your margin tool on your website. I thought I'm making some mistake, so I tried reducing the number of shares & trigger limit but it did not work out. I think this was happening with Naukri and DB corp stocks...not exactly sure abt the names tho'!

Last edited:
To receive dividends one should hold the shares for how many months?

And where will the dividends be received?

Whats the process of this kindly explain ?
1) Till the ex-dividend date I think but cross-check...

2) It depends on the company I think. Some companies send it directly to my bank account and some send the cheque of it.

Last edited:
1) Till the ex-dividend date I think but cross-check...

2) It depends on the company I think. Some companies send it directly to my bank account and some send the check of it.
You ve partly answered my query
Here's a example see India Cements issues dividend in june....So for the current year(2013) the month has passed so if some buys the share in April/May 2014..so will he get the dividend.

If not how many months prior to the dividend date one should hold it ???

amsin21