With whom we got our trading account?

alroyraj

^ It ain't actually a commitment but its a kinda commitment.

I was looking for broker with cheaper brokerage. I called near by IB branch, they gave me a structure. I said its bit expensive, I am gonna do jobbing, so the daily turnover would be 8 digits. He said his higher authority will call back offer me a better structure. And that was the structure he gave me, then.

No need to commit, atleast we can bring it down to .03%. I don't know how IB work in this thing. But, I think its decent even for a starter.
Ok so initially they must have quoted the same high rate 0.5/0.05/ I didnt mention about jobbing.I was hoping too for 0.03%. I mean that's like the current rate.The other rate was the norm 2/3 years back, so was disappointed with it. Incidently Sharekhan had quoted me the same high rate hence I opened with IB.

Hi All,

Well 1st of Nac Thanx a lot for all analysis.
I'm with Geojit, but as I saw my Credit Notes, same story here. No proper calculations for the scrip below Rs.100 n Customer Service. On an average Brokerage also bit high 0.30 & 0.03 for both leg.
Actually when we do trading in market hrs in all consideration the Brokerage Part is most Imp, at least as per me. Coz we dont earn money for trading firms & Gvnt. Coz in most cases the risk ratio is always high at our end coz we face loss + brokerage. So as consider all possibilities if you try to maintain huge volume for low Brokerage you have to be satisfy at low Profit n if you wanna give high Brokerage with low volume again have to face low profit coz u couldn't roll your trade.
It means
High Brokerage + Low Profit= High Risk (Due to Market Movements)
Low Brokerage + Low Profit= Low Risk (Due to Market Movements)

All in all as per me second situation is better, in short time you can make money but you should have to do it with repeating. So low brokerage with high Volume is best situation.
Think over it.
I'm gonna leave Geojit soon. I need jaz a good platform for Trade with low Brokerage. No more Tips or services frm any firm. If anyone could suggest me that, you r welcome.

Thanx & Regards
Prashant

nac

Hi All,

Well 1st of Nac Thanx a lot for all analysis.
I'm with Geojit, but as I saw my Credit Notes, same story here. No proper calculations for the scrip below Rs.100 n Customer Service. On an average Brokerage also bit high 0.30 & 0.03 for both leg.
Actually when we do trading in market hrs in all consideration the Brokerage Part is most Imp, at least as per me. Coz we dont earn money for trading firms & Gvnt. Coz in most cases the risk ratio is always high at our end coz we face loss + brokerage. So as consider all possibilities if you try to maintain huge volume for low Brokerage you have to be satisfy at low Profit n if you wanna give high Brokerage with low volume again have to face low profit coz u couldn't roll your trade.
It means
High Brokerage + Low Profit= High Risk (Due to Market Movements)
Low Brokerage + Low Profit= Low Risk (Due to Market Movements)

All in all as per me second situation is better, in short time you can make money but you should have to do it with repeating. So low brokerage with high Volume is best situation.
Think over it.
I'm gonna leave Geojit soon. I need jaz a good platform for Trade with low Brokerage. No more Tips or services frm any firm. If anyone could suggest me that, you r welcome.

Thanx & Regards
Prashant
Thank you for sharing your experience with geojit.

For cheapest brokerage, RKG.
For cheap brokerage and good software to trade with - India Bulls.

I have never tried PIB. Its based on comments from our TJ members.

India Infoline is also OK , in terms of customer help / satisfaction , their terminal TT is fast , brokerage flexible etc...no problem faced as yet ..:)

I have Indiabulls and PIB is very bad software. For example, PIB has only intraday charting and graph starts when you open the chart. Say, if you open intraday chart for a script at 12PM, there won't be any data before 12PM. There is no intraday historical data available on PIB. For EOD technical, it takes you to their website which is very poor. PIB is a java based software, so if your system is underpowered it will make your system slow after sometime. I use Investbulls for technical analysis.

nac

India Infoline is also OK , in terms of customer help / satisfaction , their terminal TT is fast , brokerage flexible etc...no problem faced as yet ..:)
Yeah, its good. But I don't agree that they are good in customer service. Yeah, TT is good. In fact, its better than ODIN in terms of lagging prints. I can't comment straight away after using ODIN for just 7 days. ODIN is very good in order placement/execution. Other than customer service, I ain't faced any big issues with IIFL.

nac

I have Indiabulls and PIB is very bad software. For example, PIB has only intraday charting and graph starts when you open the chart. Say, if you open intraday chart for a script at 12PM, there won't be any data before 12PM. There is no intraday historical data available on PIB. For EOD technical, it takes you to their website which is very poor. PIB is a java based software, so if your system is underpowered it will make your system slow after sometime. I use Investbulls for technical analysis.
I rarely hear something against PIB. This is one among 'em. Yes, PIB had no back fill sometime before. But now its drawing for the whole day, I guess. And this is what I heard from our TJ members and from my friend who uses PIB. PIB users have to clear it now...

Capricorn

You have to synch the chart to backfill..

It does not slow down anything, infact it can function even on a prehistoric dial up connection fine