Trading Nifty Options?

HI , i am new to intraday trading , i wanted to know how much money do i require to buy a lot in options ??
like the NIFTY CALL 5900 is at Rs. 51 and the market lot is of 50 , so all i need is Rs 2550(+ brokerage) to trade ???
and if it goes to 75 i earn a 50% on my investment ??

JackPotter

Yes.while you may lose maximum up to 100% in the OPTIONS. You can profit more than that until the OPTION expires. However, learn about other things like Time decay etc when trading OPTIONS, unless you're gonna book profit/loss on the intraday basis.

tnsn2345

HI , i am new to intraday trading , i wanted to know how much money do i require to buy a lot in options ??
like the NIFTY CALL 5900 is at Rs. 51 and the market lot is of 50 , so all i need is Rs 2550(+ brokerage) to trade ???
and if it goes to 75 i earn a 50% on my investment ??
One bad thing - you are new to intraday (and assuming new to trading as well) and you are jumping into Options
One good thing - you are looking at trading only ONE Nifty lot (And this is indeed a very good thing, you will know why I wrote this, after a few days)

Yes.while you may lose maximum up to 100% in the OPTIONS. You can profit more than that until the OPTION expires. However, learn about other things like Time decay etc when trading OPTIONS, unless you're gonna book profit/loss on the intraday basis.
lose maximum up to 100% :) :)

Regards,

p.s. : some one liners on Options trading...useful for new comers....

If you trade Options, there aren't many options left for you !

If you trade naked Options, they too will trade you naked ! Tit for tat !

MurAtt

Hi tnsn2345
(t25 from next time .. and I hope u will not mind as typing full id will be ....)

Can u give some strategies wid Options ... like I've know about the normal straddle, strangle, butterfly etc etc BUT something which you may have developed/heard/experimented etc ..

:)

Thanks a lot everyone for your replies :)

I read somewhere that PE means PUT European , means you cannot sell the option once u have bought it till it expires ??

I am confused about it please tell me the difference b/w PE & PA nd wether i can trade nifty options intraday ?

Regards .

Now Murtazabhai, what is the normal straddle, strangle, butterfly etc??? sounds very erotic :D :D
Hi tnsn2345
(t25 from next time .. and I hope u will not mind as typing full id will be ....)

Can u give some strategies wid Options ... like I've know about the normal straddle, strangle, butterfly etc etc BUT something which you may have developed/heard/experimented etc ..

:)