Trading MINIFTY with a capital of 2Lacs

Kavipriy

Longs exited....

Kavipriy

I think I messed it up today. 1st bar was a long wick bar and 2nd bar didn't followed to take our long order. So we should had canceled all the orders and waited for a pivot to form either side above/below our long/short levels. It is mentioned in the rules.... Must have read it again in the morning before placing the orders. No trades now... closing the day with a loss of 2900 including brokerage. Have a nice weekend everyone. See you all on Monday.

EagleOne

Hi Priyank
I had been watching you trade since morning. You seem nice guy, and ST also blessed this thread, so I would be a bit nice as well. Your method may look and sound very sophisticated because of the name, Gann. But, really, it is no better than trading by tossing the coin. :)
Market is too complex, too fluid, too global now a days to blindly obey 2-bit sluggish AFLs or Excel formulas. Brains and eyes...use them.
;)

Kavipriy

Hi Priyank
I had been watching you trade since morning. You seem nice guy, and ST also blessed this thread, so I would be a bit nice as well. Your method may look and sound very sophisticated because of the name, Gann. But, really, it is no better than trading by tossing the coin. :)
Market is too complex, too fluid, too global now a days to blindly obey 2-bit sluggish AFLs or Excel formulas. Brains and eyes...use them.
;)
Thanks for your concern my friend.
I will trade this method for a month, strictly following the rules and with strict MM. Lets see how it works out.

Kavipriy

Hi Priyank
;)
Really??? Have you backtested Kavipriy's stystem? How did it fair? How many trades failed? Please tell....Any system can have bad days, it is the overall success or failure of the system that matters. Your comment is unwarranted IMO.

Kavipriy is a respected trader. So either backtest and prove the system wrong or refrain from passing silly comments.
No issues Gsam. Every individual has different views about the market as per their experience. If the method is good enough it will prove itself up. We should respect everyone's view and concentrate on improving our method. That can be done by suggestions and feedback of all our friends here.

EagleOne

No issues Gsam. Every individual has different views about the market as per their experience. If the method is good enough it will prove itself up. We should respect everyone's view and concentrate on improving our method. That can be done by suggestions and feedback of all our friends here.

Priyank
Sorry, man, I never had any intention to belittle you or your method. By your posts, you came across as a gentleman. So I took time to comment on your method. If you felt bad, please forgive me.

Good luck with your method

NTrader42

Hello

I agree with EagleOne that the basic calculations of this system are like a sophisticated coin toss, arriving at S/R lines by squaring the numbers is as good as using random lines.

But still the system has a very good chance of winning. The reason is the way it is designed to bring in volatility home by booking profits at regular intervals.

Also the introduction of rules like swing pivots based decisions for trade 2 and recognizing failure bars and exiting losing position etc. So Brains and eyes... also being used besides a fairly good MM plan, this gives it an edge.

I would go with booking profits a bit faster maybe 40%, then 30 and 15, 15, but the OP must have done his back tests for his model.

Anyway, good luck to the guys trading it

NT

Kavipriy

Priyank
Sorry, man, I never had any intention to belittle you or your method. By your posts, you came across as a gentleman. So I took time to comment on your method. If you felt bad, please forgive me.

Good luck with your method
No No, my friend I didn't felt bad at all. I need suggestions and feedback of fellow trades to improve the system. Please feel free to drop in anytime and give your views.

Kavipriy

GM Friends,
Today's Gann levels

1st bar closed as doji so we will wait for a pivot above/below our entry price.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Metals 0
V Metals 0
V Metals 0
V Metals 3
imfine Trading Diary 6