Trading MINIFTY with a capital of 2Lacs

Kavipriy

Hello Friends,
I will post my MINIFTY trades here.
Capital is 2 Lacs.
Trading Methodology: I follow Gann's Square of 9 (google it for details) for entry, exit and profit taking levels.

Please find Gann Calculator here.

It works only with MS Office 2007

We will put 9:29 AM VWAP in blue cell at top of excel.
It will automatically generate entry SL and profit taking levels both for long and short trades.
Please find attached txt file for VWAP. Rename it as (0VWAP with SD band.AFL), put it in amibroker formula folder and drag it at 1 min chart in amibroker. Look at 1 min chart at 9:29 AM for VWAP price.

Now Rules of this method....
Our 1st trade will depend on the 1st 15 min bar of Minifty.
This 1st bar is very important so try to make it as accurate as possible... If subscribed to IBC for charting, opening price of 1st bar is generally not correct. So look for opening price of the day from your trading terminal and edit your 1st bar open price at Amibroker from quotes editor.

Steps for entering 1st trade of the day:
1. We will put 9:29 AM VWAP in blue cell at top of excel. It will automatically generate entry, SL and profit taking levels both for long and short trades.

2. We will wait for 9:30 bar to close before putting orders.

3. If 9:30 bar closes anywhere between our long and short entry we will put order as per following rules.
i) If 1st 15 min bar is bullish we will put long order at 9:30 and short orders after completion of 9:45 bar. Vice versa if 1st 15 min bar is bearish (filter of 0.2 points here).
ii) If 1st bar is a doji (body of bar anywhere between 0-2 points) we will wait for a pivot to form above/below our entry price and put orders above/below this pivot (filter of 2 points here).
iii) If 1st bar is a bearish bar and body of this bar is crossing 20 EMA on 15 min charts we will wait for a pivot to form above/below our entry price and put orders above/below this pivot (filter of 2 points here).
iv) If 1st bar is a bullish bar with long wicks on both sides and 2nd bar (9:45 bar) has not taken out our long orders we will cancel our order and wait for a pivot to form above/below our entry price and put orders above/below this pivot (filter of 2 points here).
v) If 1st bar is big bar and price is trading inside this bar without triggering our orders till 11:30 we will cancel our orders and will wait for a pivot to form above below 1st bar and will enter above/below that pivot (filter of 2 points here).

4. If 1st bar closes above/below our entry price, we will replace VWAP price with closing price of 9:30 bar at that blue cell and generate all levels again.
i) If 1st 15 min bar is bullish we will put long order at 9:30 and short orders after completion of 9:45 bar. (filter of 2 points here).
ii) If 1st 15 min bar is bearish bar we will wait for a pivot to form above/below our entry price and put orders above/below this pivot (filter of 2 points here).

MM:
We are trading MINIFTY with a capital of 2lacs. As per MM of 1% we will start taking 5 lots per trade and will add 1 lot after every increase of 10K profit (will explain this later).

Profit booking:
There are 5 levels of profit taking in each trade. We will book 1 lot each at all level with a filter of 0.2 paise ( for eg. if 1st level is showing 5290 for long trade we will put limit order as soon as our long order is triggered at 5289.8. vice versa for short trades.)

SL:
At the time we enter trade our SL will be as per the SL level shown in the excel sheet.

Trailing SL:
1. If we are long as per Gann entry level(not as per pivot above entry price) and our entry price and SL both is above 20 EMA or we are short as per Gann level (not as per pivot below entry price) and our entry price and SL both is below 20 EMA we will trail SL as shown in below eg.

Short Entry price: 5328.8
SL at the time of entering trade: 5347.2
1st lot booked at 5313.2. SL for remaining 4 lots still at 5347.2.
2nd lot booked at 5295.2. SL for remaining 3 lots now at our entry price i.e. 5329.2
3rd lot booked at 5277.2. SL for remaining 2 lots now at 5313.2
4th lot booked at 5259.2. SL for remaining 1 lot now at 5277.2
5th lot booked at 5241.2.

Vice versa for long trades.

2. If we are long as per Gann entry level(not as per pivot above entry price) and our entry price and SL both or SL is below 20 EMA or we are short as per Gann level (not as per pivot below entry price) and our entry price and SL both or SL is above 20 EMA we will trail SL as shown in below eg.

Long Entry price: 5274.2
SL at the time of entering trade: 5255.8
1st lot booked at 5289.8. SL for remaining 4 lots at our entry price i.e. 5273.8.
2nd lot booked at 5307.8. SL for remaining 3 lots now at 5289.8
3rd lot booked at 5325.8. SL for remaining 2 lots now at 5307.8
4th lot booked at 5344.8. SL for remaining 1 lot now at 5325.8
5th lot booked at 5362.2.

Vice versa for short trades.

Taking 2nd trade of the day:
1. If we are long/short as per Gann levels and stopped out before touching 2nd target we will enter our 2nd trade only in opposite direction.
2. If we are long/short as per Gann levels and stopped out after touching 2nd target we will wait for a bar to close after the bar which took our SL. Now we will enter closing price of this bar at that blue cell of excel and generate new entry levels. Will wait for a pivot to form above below these entry levels and trade the pivots with a filter of 2 points.

Exits:
1. We exit our trade when SL or trailing SL is hit
2. We will exit all our positions at close of 2:45 bar(if last 2-3 15 min bars bars were trading in same range) or at close of 3 Pm bar with a filter of 1 point below/above close.

No new trade after the close of 2:45 bar

Only 2 trades each day.

Note: If we had entered into a trade above/below pivot we will hold all our positions and trail SL as per 15 min pivots. We will not look at Gann levels here.

Phew done!!!
I think I covered everything here.
Will start posting my trades from today...

Last edited:

Kavipriy

Today's trades...
5 lots long at 5274.2
Sl at time of entering trade 5255.8

1st lot booked at 5289.8, 2nd lot booked at 5307.8, 3rd lot booked at 5325.8 and then got stopped out at 5307.8.

1:15 bar took out SL. Then waited for 1:30 bar to close and entered closing price of 1:30 bar i.e. 5319.7 in the blue cell of the excel sheet. PL for shorts was 1:15 lows which didn't got triggered till 2:45. No new trades after that. So ending day with 3K profits from long trades excluding brokerages and slippages.

PGDIMES

Hi,

Thanks for your initiative. Will eagerly wait for your daily posts... Best of Luck... Happy Trading... :thumb:

Today's trades...
5 lots long at 5274.2
Sl at time of entering trade 5255.8

1st lot booked at 5289.8, 2nd lot booked at 5307.8, 3rd lot booked at 5325.8 and then got stopped out at 5307.8.

1:15 bar took out SL. Then waited for 1:30 bar to close and entered closing price of 1:30 bar i.e. 5319.7 in the blue cell of the excel sheet. PL for shorts was 1:15 lows which didn't got triggered till 2:45. No new trades after that. So ending day with 3K profits from long trades excluding brokerages and slippages.

Very Good Job....But a small suggestion.......At 930am you should post the levels and your entry (long/short) strategy in real time so that everyone gets a real experience....

Cheers,

Kavipriy

GM Friends,
As per NSE terminal open and high of minifty is 5270. Changed the value in Ami...

Kavipriy

Long order placed

Kavipriy

Short order placed...

Kavipriy

Shorts triggered.
SL 5274.2