Trading E-mini

AW10

DanPickUp,
I have no idea about firetip.. But was happy with Ninja.
That can be configured to take datafeed from brokers trading platform directly. like Interactive broker etc.. You can infact place orders from Ninja platform that gets routed thru yr regular broker. You can obviously feed esignal type datafeed to NT platform.

I have account with AMP Futures broker which has margin of $ 500 for 1 ES contract.
They give free datafeed to ninja platform. If you want to use automated order placemnt, preset order templates etc, then u have to purchase ninja licence otherwise, basic buy/sell ordres can be placed with free downloaded version of ninja.
Chk out their site, where u will get lot of help about configuration.

It has pretty good system testing features as well.

Happy Trading

Is it possible for a resident Indian to trade the US futures market on margin? If so what is the procedure to open an account and please provide some of the brokers.

milind

Is it possible for a resident Indian to trade the US futures market on margin? If so what is the procedure to open an account and please provide some of the brokers.
Not sure. But you may want to check with the folks at Interactive Brokers who have opened in India now.

-- Milind

AW10

I think u shd be able to open acct with any other US / UK broker as well.. Send them required documents, fund the acct and there u go.

Check out this www DOT ampfutures DOT com.
As suggested by milind - IB is another good choice. Don't go for etrade type of brokers if you want to do active daytrading. Their commission is too high. Check out more from their sites.

They charge $400 margin for intraday trading on emini S&P500 contract (i.e. 20k Rs. approximately). We pay more then that for 1 nifty contract as margin.

But, understand that you will be in the market with more sophisticated traders and COMPUTERS with AUTOMATED TRADING SYSTEMS so it is absolutely must that u have solid backtested, profitable strategy .. 1 $ move on S&P is equal to $50 on emini contract. that means if you stop is $1 away, you are risking Rs. 2500 approx. And S&P500 is known for taking the stops out.

All the best.

Mangafreakz

Just saw this thread , Wow , AW10 , you are both great in indian market as well as with in e-mini , you trading in US markets and forex for long time ?