Trading E-mini

Hi Milind,
I am still a kind of beginner in E-Mini futures trading. Initially tried trading ES
then switched to mini-Dow.

I trade frequently but my style currently is intraday only, to be more precise scalping only.
I am kind of, still experimenting with a combination of Fibbonacci+moving averages+stochastics. I am basically targetting 10-20 point moves only.

Due to time zone difference and being based in India, I am only trading for a few hours daily and often do not trade if I am maxed out in the day itself.

Regards
Amar
Hi Amar,

Are there any advantages of trading US markets over Indian markets ?
When trading US markets from india, what are the documents that we need to submit ?

Thanks,
Pavan

amar_gr

Hi Amar,

Are there any advantages of trading US markets over Indian markets ?
When trading US markets from india, what are the documents that we need to submit ?

Thanks,
Pavan
Hi Pavan,
There is no particular advantage of either mkt as such, I am trading on behalf of a close relative who is based in US.

But i believe, as an Indian citizen there are certain brokerages who will allow you to open an trading a/c for trading Forex with a small capital of 25$ and an exposure of 1:200. It seems the documentary requirements are not a big deal. You need a credit card to txfr funds in and out.

I am not aware of the finer details and am myself in hunt for a reliable broker.
Often the issue in such situations is the reliability & reputation of the broker so as to ensure safety of your funds.

Amar

milind

$25 account - thousand rupees. I wonder why someone should get into international market with so much capital :)

Hi Pavan,
There is no particular advantage of either mkt as such, I am trading on behalf of a close relative who is based in US.

But i believe, as an Indian citizen there are certain brokerages who will allow you to open an trading a/c for trading Forex with a small capital of 25$ and an exposure of 1:200. It seems the documentary requirements are not a big deal. You need a credit card to txfr funds in and out.

I am not aware of the finer details and am myself in hunt for a reliable broker.
Often the issue in such situations is the reliability & reputation of the broker so as to ensure safety of your funds.

Amar

milind

One can export quote data out of NinjaTrader into a text file. With a bit of massaging, the file can be imported into amibroker. I need to find some way of doing this export programmatically every minute. There is supposed to be access to NinjaTrader through COM interface using Visual Basic.

I am more familiar with amibroker so trying to if I can keep analysis part there.

amar_gr

$25 account - thousand rupees. I wonder why someone should get into international market with so much capital :)
Yes, me too, I wonder what's possible with $25 besides an instant account blow out.

But that's an amount quite a few of them specify. Maybe its just to lure an customer. Once somebody is hooked, the broker in case always makes money and laughs away all the way to the bank.

Cheers

AW10

Yes, me too, I wonder what's possible with $25 besides an instant account blow out.

But that's an amount quite a few of them specify. Maybe its just to lure an customer. Once somebody is hooked, the broker in case always makes money and laughs away all the way to the bank.

Cheers
I agree with u.. This just shows that how desperate is the broker.. who is after your $25.
Only broker is going to win that 25$. with 1:200 leverage.. this amt will not take the stop of even 1 pip move against you..

AW10

One can export quote data out of NinjaTrader into a text file. With a bit of massaging, the file can be imported into amibroker. I need to find some way of doing this export programmatically every minute. There is supposed to be access to NinjaTrader through COM interface using Visual Basic.

I am more familiar with amibroker so trying to if I can keep analysis part there.
Ninja is highly programmable platform, even for non-techie.. and one is .net familiar then
u can automate your complete trading on it.. including order placement..

Most of the brokers will provide data feed that can be connected to Ninja platform (IB has that connectivity).. And you can use all NT for your analysis.

Happy Trading

milind

Ninja is highly programmable platform, even for non-techie.. and one is .net familiar then
u can automate your complete trading on it.. including order placement..

Most of the brokers will provide data feed that can be connected to Ninja platform (IB has that connectivity).. And you can use all NT for your analysis.

Happy Trading
Yes, the platform is quite powerful and flexible. Anyhow, it so turns out that I was able to write an exporting script without much difficulty.

milind

There appears to be an inverse H&S in ES. Its hitting into resistance at the neckline and requires a convincing break out over 780

EDIT: Doesn't look like its going to breakout on the upside, at least anytime soon. On the downside, below 760, the pattern may just be a flag

Last edited: