Help me with the minimum amount for trading and also sectors.

Hello guys!

I am new like many others in this field.....
Please help me out with the minimum amount to be invested in a trade?

Hi

You try out some online broker agencies as you are new.
As per the amount is concerned... you can start with any amount that you have.

bohemia

Hello guys!

Hey Sham1234 as you are new, invest an amount which you can bear to lose. It is completely as per your risk capacity! And should start of trading only the CASH segment of BSE/NSE as you understand and learn the way the market functions. Try out everything and then you will understand what suits your style better. Long term or short term, style of trading, instruments, etc. There are many resources out there on the internet which can help you understand technical analysis. Do remember that it will take time, mistakes and a lot of patience to understand the markets. All the best :thumb:

@Bohemia .. Thanks a ton for your advice! Being a female..age 26 I want to invest an amount of 60,000. I also wish to do this full time. So what do you suggest intraday or short term ?

@Umeshmandal how do I shift my query?

Hey Sham1234 as you are new, invest an amount which you can bear to lose. It is completely as per your risk capacity! And should start of trading only the CASH segment of BSE/NSE as you understand and learn the way the market functions. Try out everything and then you will understand what suits your style better. Long term or short term, style of trading, instruments, etc. There are many resources out there on the internet which can help you understand technical analysis. Do remember that it will take time, mistakes and a lot of patience to understand the markets. All the best :thumb:

@Bohemia .. Thanks a ton for your advice! Being a female..age 26 I want to invest an amount of 60,000. I also wish to do this full time. So what do you suggest intraday or short term ?

onlinegtrash

60k investment and you want to be full time trader?

Market has special tuition fee for new traders and it's usually much much more than 60k before they get their 'profitable full time trader' status.
It's just the donation to market that will run from several thousands to lacs and market will soak up atleast 2-3 years of your full attention before you become profitable.
If that feels formidable, there is 90%+ chance you will quit trading markets within 6 to 18 months after taking a huge loss.

If 60k is huge amount for you better stay away from day trading or trade in cash segment with minimum quantity until you are ready to take money out of market (ofcourse before that paper trade).

raul12

Hello guys!

I'd recommend you to read about 2% rule of risk management from internet and follow that religiously when you invest 60k.Also you'd be better off in cash segment as it's safer compared to F&O. Start small and focus on the % return initially rather than the actual money earned. Once you get the confidence then you increase the amount invested.

-bhavya

manishchan

Thank you very much for your replies! :)

How about the online tip providers? Should I take suggestions from them?
yes yes.. please do so.. BUT only if you hate your money. ;)

If online tip providers were so good.. why wold they provide tip and not trade for themselves instead. They all are bogus.. don't fall for it. Learn it.. don't rely on anyone.. u hv to treat it like any other business.. and do all required to do. don't trade based on tips, advice, analysts call, news etc etc.