Tom de mark sequential monitor for nifty50 stocks

Hey Experts.. I am also trying to learn the technique.... Could you check Reliance breakout ? The result was not good at all ?

Reliance TD9 Sell setup done on 18 July 2018. Countdown done on 20th Aug @1,234. But thereafter it keep on rising ?

Is my working are wrong ???

Also, can somebody explain me how to calculate "TRUE Range" for :

Selection of reference buy setup if multiple buy setups occur while countdown is underway:
Say, completed buy setup 1 (BS 1) is followed by another buy setup 2 (BS2)
1. If true range of BS2 is less than BS1, BS1 will be selected and CD will be based on that.
Note: true range of the setup will also include the additional bars that may occur after bar 9, say if the buy setup continued till bar 12, entire range of bar 1-12 will be considered and compared.
2. If true range of most recently completed buy setup say BS2 is more than true range of BS1 (but less than 1.618 times range of BS1), BS2 is considered as a reference for countdown to begin, any Countdown if started based on BS1 stands cancelled

As mentioned by Vivek in #162.

Thanks

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Also, can somebody explain me how to calculate "TRUE Range" for :

Selection of reference buy setup if multiple buy setups occur while countdown is underway:
Say, completed buy setup 1 (BS 1) is followed by another buy setup 2 (BS2)
1. If true range of BS2 is less than BS1, BS1 will be selected and CD will be based on that.
Note: true range of the setup will also include the additional bars that may occur after bar 9, say if the buy setup continued till bar 12, entire range of bar 1-12 will be considered and compared.
2. If true range of most recently completed buy setup say BS2 is more than true range of BS1 (but less than 1.618 times range of BS1), BS2 is considered as a reference for countdown to begin, any Countdown if started based on BS1 stands cancelled

As mentioned by Vivek in #162.

Thanks
True range of a setup will be difference between high of the highest high and low of the lowest low of the entire setup (which may extend to more than 9bars).
Suppose we have a buy setup of 9bars, suppose highest bar in this setup is bar 2, and lowest is bar 9, now range of setup will be difference between high of bar 2 and low of bar 9.

Vivek

Last edited:

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Hey Experts.. I am also trying to learn the technique.... Could you check Reliance breakout ? The result was not good at all ?

Reliance TD9 Sell setup done on 18 July 2018. Countdown done on 20th Aug @1,234. But thereafter it keep on rising ?

Is my working are wrong ???
What do you mean by, "result wasn't good at all", do you mean it was a failed sequential sell count? If yes, then you have to understand that any system will give failed trades/false signals.
In case of reliance however, there was no entry after sequential count completion (as there was no close<open) But be ready for failures just like in any other system, no system is holy grail.

Vivek

Last edited:
Hey Vivek... Thank you so much..for the explanation...

True range of a setup will be difference between high of the highest high and low of the lowest low of the entire setup (which may extend to more than 9bars).
Suppose we have a buy setup of 9bars, suppose highest bar in this setup is bar 2, and lowest is bar 9, now range of setup will be difference between high of bar 2 and low of bar 9.

Vivek

Thanks again Vivek.....Yes, i can understand no system is holy grail.... I just wanted to know if my calculations were right or not.
Also, yes u r right the close was not below the open so trade not intiated.

What do you mean by, "result wasn't good at all", do you mean it was a failed sequential sell count? If yes, then you have to understand that any system will give failed trades/false signals.
In case of reliance however, there was no entry after sequential count completion (as there was no closeBut be ready for failures just like in any other system, no system is holy grail.

Vivek

I have 1 more doubt for the TD sequential...Lets say TD Sell setup extends beyond TD 9 to lets say TD 13...Setup beyond TD9 is shown by * in afl right ?... The intersection occurs at TD 12..where TD 12 low is lowest among bar 1-7.. so countdown will begin from TD 12 and not from TD 13 or TD 9 ? Am I correct ?

I have 1 more doubt for the TD sequential...Lets say TD Sell setup extends beyond TD 9 to lets say TD 13...Setup beyond TD9 is shown by * in afl right ?... The intersection occurs at TD 12..where TD 12 low is lowest among bar 1-7.. so countdown will begin from TD 12 and not from TD 13 or TD 9 ? Am I correct ?
The countdown will begin from Setup 12 and not from Setup 13 or Set up 9....correct.

Smart_trade