Stocks To Keep A Close Eye On

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzner

Today It just didnt make sense. We were up 200 points and freakin Europe opened a tad in the red coupled with Dow Futures in the red and thats it we tanked.
I mean wtf. Doesnt our market have any strength of its own or is it that majority of the traders take position based on Europe's opening and Dow Futures...:annoyed:

:gun2: :gun2: :gun2:

SavantGarde

Hi Izzner,

I Too Watched The Market Till +270 Points, Was Quite Shocked When I Returned To See That We Had Closed Down 219 Points.

Hope We Get Relatively Good Global Cues So That All Those Who Went Short Are Wrong Footed Tomorrow....:)

What Happened To Your SUZLON Future???

Happy & Safer Investing

SavantGarde

Today It just didnt make sense. We were up 200 points and freakin Europe opened a tad in the red coupled with Dow Futures in the red and thats it we tanked.
I mean wtf. Doesnt our market have any strength of its own or is it that majority of the traders take position based on Europe's opening and Dow Futures...:annoyed:

Rkji

savant sirjee,

companies raising qip's are

*Essar Oil: Rs 10,000 crore.
* Carin India: Rs 5,000 crore.
* Hindalco: Rs 2,400 crore.
* HDIL: Rs 1,688 crore.
* HCC: Rs 1,500 crore.
* S Kumaran Nationwide: Rs 1,000 cr.
* Bajaj Hindustan: Rs 723 crore.
* Sobha Developers: Rs 527 crore.
* Gammon Infra: Rs 500 crore.
* Max India: Rs 450 crore.

Unitech / Suzlon / Indiabulls Realestate — All raised funds to pay debt
Educomp — Would need the fund for Growth Capital requirement of the company
Dish TV — Raised fund but not through QIP but the major portion of the fund is used for growth of the company
GMR — Opted not to go for a QIP

i have a doubt about investing in these companies...i read a general debate somewhere that one should only invest in companies that have raised qip's for growth purposes & not for debt reduction. pls enlighten me.

thanks.
rishi xx

Last edited:

SavantGarde

Hi Rishi,

Now Coming To Growth & Debt

Growth & Expansion Normally Will Pertain To Industrials & The Ones Who Are Raising QIPs For Debt Are Normally Realty & Some Exceptions.

Now Let's Take Realty Who Have Raised QIPs

a) Their Projects Were Stalled Due To Slow Down & There Must Be Some High Interest Rate Servicing Which Affects Their Profitabilty

b) With QIP They Can Retire Some High Interest Rate Debt & Also Continue With Their Stalled Projects

c) Now What That Does Is Improves Their Profitabilty In Next Few Quarters To Come & Also They Don't Have To Sell Their Projects Cheap Because QIP Takes Care Of That With Some Amount Of Promoter Dilution.

d) QIPs Are Very Sohisticated Investors, They Will Never Throw Their Money After Bad & Moreover If They Were Interested In Small 50+% Returns Their Is No Dearth Of Stocks In The Market That Can Give Them That Much Quite Easily. They Are After Lots More Return From What I Think & Book Runners/Underwriters Are Almost Like Market Makers.

So Watch The Prices Of These Stocks In Months To Come And Rate Of Appreciation Compared To Others.

Happy & Safer Investing

SavantGarde

savant sirjee,

companies raising qip's are

*Essar Oil: Rs 10,000 crore.
* Carin India: Rs 5,000 crore.
* Hindalco: Rs 2,400 crore.
* HDIL: Rs 1,688 crore.
* HCC: Rs 1,500 crore.
* S Kumaran Nationwide: Rs 1,000 cr.
* Bajaj Hindustan: Rs 723 crore.
* Sobha Developers: Rs 527 crore.
* Gammon Infra: Rs 500 crore.
* Max India: Rs 450 crore.

Unitech / Suzlon / Indiabulls Realestate — All raised funds to pay debt
Educomp — Would need the fund for Growth Capital requirement of the company
Dish TV — Raised fund but not through QIP but the major portion of the fund is used for growth of the company
GMR — Opted not to go for a QIP

i have a doubt about investing in these companies...i read a general debate somewhere that one should only invest in companies that have raised qip's for growth purposes & not for debt reduction. pls enlighten me.

thanks.
rishi xx

Last edited:

izzner

Hi Izzner,

I Too Watched The Market Till +270 Points, Was Quite Shocked When I Returned To See That We Had Closed Down 219 Points.

Hope We Get Relatively Good Global Cues So That All Those Who Went Short Are Wrong Footed Tomorrow....:)

What Happened To Your SUZLON Future???

Happy & Safer Investing

SavantGarde
Sir, For Suzlon Futures(Aug) I had ket a trailing stop loss @94 after it reached 95+. But fortunately or unforunately it got triggered giving me a 2Rs profit. I didnt manage to get the guts to re-enter as they(CNBC-TV18) kept on showing Europe and Dow futures in the RED and so called experts made remaks that Indain Markets were in a over bought territory and needed to correct..:mad:

SavantGarde

Hi Izzner,

I Am Glad You Kept A Trailing S/L.

Anyways, Today At Some Point During The Day Watch For IFCI In Futures

Happy & Safer Investing

SavantGarde

Sir, For Suzlon Futures(Aug) I had ket a trailing stop loss @94 after it reached 95+. But fortunately or unforunately it got triggered giving me a 2Rs profit. I didnt manage to get the guts to re-enter as they(CNBC-TV18) kept on showing Europe and Dow futures in the RED and so called experts made remaks that Indain Markets were in a over bought territory and needed to correct..:mad:

izzner

Hi Izzner,

I Am Glad You Kept A Trailing S/L.

Anyways, Today At Some Point During The Day Watch For IFCI In Futures

Happy & Safer Investing

SavantGarde

Sure Sir, ..
should I wait for a knee jerk action to get in or jump in early morning??

BTW
I wish the world followed our markets ...
If Pranab Mukherjee fell from his Balcony ---> Indian Markets Tank---> World Markets Tank
If Pranab Mukherjee wakes up Late ---> Indian Markets Move Side ways till he gets up ----> World Follows Suit
If Pranab Mukherjee doesnt wake up ---> Indian Markets become volatile ---> World Markets go haywire :gunsmilie:
and Finally If Pranab Mukherjee sufferes from loose motion ---> India lower circuit and World goes into recession...:rofl:

SavantGarde

Hi Izzner,

If You Want To Jump In Then I Suggest JPASSOCIAT Or BOMDYEING....:)

Forget IFCI For Today.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

Sure Sir, ..
should I wait for a knee jerk action to get in or jump in early morning??

BTW
I wish the world followed our markets ...
If Pranab Mukherjee fell from his Balcony ---> Indian Markets Tank---> World Markets Tank
If Pranab Mukherjee wakes up Late ---> Indian Markets Move Side ways till he gets up ----> World Follows Suit
If Pranab Mukherjee doesnt wake up ---> Indian Markets become volatile ---> World Markets go haywire :gunsmilie:
and Finally If Pranab Mukherjee sufferes from loose motion ---> India lower circuit and World goes into recession...:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.