Stocks To Keep A Close Eye On

Status
Not open for further replies.

asnavale

Anant.

please check the FV of ZANDUPHARMA ,I think it is in 100 Rs.
hi Columbus,

There are a few companies whose shares are of FV=100. That is why I wrote "almost do not exist" I did not say they 'do not exist'.

-Anant

raj_hpking

Hi Savant Sir, Anant, DJ

Why market is trading negatively while there is no fundamental news? I think market is behaving on global clues, is It?

Last edited:

raj_hpking

Savant Saab, Please reply me on my query on Century Enka, , Bought Yesterday around 2000 shares at an average price of Rs. 113.75, tommorrow is the D day when results will be announced, I know textile stocks are mongrels these days, but to me looks like something is really cooking up there, I would appreciate your views

enygma

Position Sizing and Stop Loss ...

All,

Was the following the discussion on position sizing and SL's on this thread and I thought it prudent to share a few points with all, especially given today's volatile market and the concerns that people start to have soon.

Risk diversification
------------------

Most of us in this thread are part time investors and usually do not have time to follow markets on a very regular basis. So, it is important to accept that fact and not behave like very short term or intra-day traders. Of course, people who can monitor markets during market hours can make better profits than us. Given this fact, it is important to diversify risk by not concentrating our equity holdings in a few stocks. Some very basic rules would be

1. Not more than x% of your holding should be in one stock. I like to keep it below 5%. That would mean that you are diversified across 20 stocks at least.

2. Assuming this 5% of the amount comes to 20,000 per stock, put only y% of the amount in a stock at the given point in time when it triggers a buy as per Savant's list. Decide this percentage depending upon your risk taking capability. This means that you are leaving cash in your hand to either add to your existing position in the same stock or buy some other stock. In a good uptrending stock, you will get multiple opportunities to add. Also, it is important to stagger your buys to decrease the risk.

3. Diversify your holdings across industries - when you have a choice to pick stocks from Savant's list, look at the strength of the triggers but also look for some thing from a industry which you are not holding already. For example, recently we are seeing a lot of media related stocks giving buy triggers - they had not been participating too much in the overall up move earlier.

Stop loss
---------

1. Adhere to the stop loss as given by Savant when the buy was triggered. If a stock closes below the stop loss, you need to cut your position in the stock next day. Please do not end up hoping it might come up to your buying price.

2. Try to make sure you do not end up loosing more than 1% in any trade. That is why the number of stocks and position sizing is important. You might have money to buy more stocks but if the stop loss is far off, then you need to calculate how many shares you should buy so that you do not end up loosing more than 1%. Read up on position sizing to know a bit more on this aspect.

Of course, this is just my 2 cents on this topic - there are enough seniors here who know a lot more than I do. And this is meant more for people starting off in the market. Others, who know the risks they are taking can work with other rules or different percentages.

Happy and safe investing,
Enygma.

SavantGarde

Hi Raj,

I Watched The Market Till It Was 270 Points In Plus, But Then Had To Go For Some Work, Therefore I Really Have No Idea Why The Market Tanked
Perhaps, Could Be Because Of Anticipating Bad Global Cue Or Could Be Something Else...

Happy & Safer Investing

SavantGarde

Hi Savant Sir, Anant, DJ

Why market is trading negatively while there is no fundamental news? I think market is behaving on global clues, is It?

SavantGarde

Hi Mr India,

All Three Mentioned By You Have Different Business Models, Therefore It Would Be Prudent To Invest In A Basket Of These, Considering Pharmaceutical Companies Frequently Come Up With Bad & Good News, Therefore In Such Cases Your Portfolio Of Pharma Shares Will Maintain An Even Keel.

Henceforth, Please Post Your Queries In This Thread, Chapter-II Is For Reference

Happy & Safer Investing

SavantGarde

Hello All!
I am medium to long term investor. I want to add pharma stocks in my kitty. Plz give suggestions, especially on Jubilant Organosys, Cadila & Lupin?
Thanks in advance
mr india

SavantGarde

Hi Umesh,

Although I Don't Track CENTURYENKA Will Try & Look Up The Chart Later & Reply Back.

Happy & Safer Investing

SavantGarde

Savant Saab, Please reply me on my query on Century Enka, , Bought Yesterday around 2000 shares at an average price of Rs. 113.75, tommorrow is the D day when results will be announced, I know textile stocks are mongrels these days, but to me looks like something is really cooking up there, I would appreciate your views

Status
Not open for further replies.