Stocks To Keep A Close Eye On

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjl24

Hi Savant

It's been quite some time now since i could sit in front of the terminal and observe the intraday charts from 9.00am to 3.30pm at one strech.

I made it a point to do so today and with your recommended 5 by 6 SMA crossover system and 9,2 BB Band combination on the 5 minutes TF with candlestick style bars.

Though i applied the same on Sharekhan's Trade Tiger terminal the results were quite encouraging to begin with.

Unfortunately, Sharekhan's TT Charts are not as user friendly as Amibroker but in absence of RT data for all the segments its the best thing available at no additional costs.

(PS:- I am fully aware that you don't recommend intraday trading.)

I have just one question which has been pestering me all throughout - How can i avoid the whipsaws.

This question is both for the 5 minutes tf that i have been watching as well as the eod tf charts. Is it inevitable?

The reason why i am studying the intraday charts with your parameters is purely to try and get a decent entry price based on Anant's Single MA System.

The crossovers in combination with the BB Band's enabled me to have a decent bit of control on my emotions at pressing the triggers.

My question on identifying whipsaws is a generic one for all time frames but specific to your parameters only i.e. 5 by 6 and 20 by 50 systems.

Please do share your experiences whenever time permits.

Thanks in advance
God Bless
Regards
Floyd

fjl24

Hi Kenneth & Ananth

If not mistaken till date there is only one AFL which has been designed based on Savant's parameter's of 5by6 and 20by50 in combination with BB Bands and also the other 3/4 criteria's of B/O's due to expansion etc.

Would sincerely appreciate if the given AFL could be splitted into 2 seperate AFL's one with the 5by6 parameter and the other with the 20by50 parameter but with the other 3-4 conditions of expansion/bo etc still intact in the same AFL.

Also, just from a visual point of view would appreciate if the gradients could be made a bit more soothing as the outputs on the charts gets a bit distorted and strains the eyesight.

PS: This request is made with a pure heart and good intentions of trying and improving the existing AFL's as both the systems are different and can be utilized by concerned traders as per their tf of trading and comfort.

Also, it will help in learning Savant's systems and imbibing the same into us easily.

Thanks in advance
God Bless
Regards
Floyd:thumb:

Dear All

Am still at page 320 of the mother thread started by SG.

Came across something called as "Trading Organizer-IV.xls" forwarded by SG to some of the members on this thread.

Would sincerely appreciate if someone could post the same on 4shared dot com and provide a link of the same or the latest version if SG did update the same at a later post.

Thanks in advance
God Bless
Regards
Floyd:thumb:

I could sent u that...:)

fjl24

Hi Savant

Was watching SCI futures - the guys who can see others stop losses just picked it all up.:mad:

It's not a fair playing ground - the guys who can see others stop losses misuse it to their own advantage.:mad:

But at the same time also saw a mirroring image on SCI's cash scrip did not understand that.

What is you view regarding placing of stop losses in the system would it be good to place a mental stop loss or a physical one.

Both has it advantages and disadvantages - have suffered in the past on both the counts though:mad:.

Regards
Floyd

fjl24

Hi Savant

Been fortunate enough to be able to observe the intraday charts for the second day in a row.

Continued with your recommended strategy today too.

I intend to start trading/investing from next month onwards in small quantities.

Have decided to indulge into:

1. Intraday Trading (Cash & Futures Only) - Long as well as short
2. Swing & Positional Trades (Cash & Futures Only) - Long as well as short &
3. Forex - Only after proving myself in 1 & 2 above at the end of lets say 2 to 3 years commencing from next month onwards. (Disclaimer if i last that long i.e. :lol:)

In case of 1 & 2 above would start by taking long term positions in say your recomended 4 to 5 scrips to begin with and would only trade intraday and swing (cash & futures) in the above 4 to 5 scrips only where i have long positions which are already in profits.

This is just one method of money management that i have chalked out for myself wherein i could insure myself against any wrong trades (intraday in particular) that i do in the probation period. (Disclaimer - provided my long call is accurate :lol:)

Additionally, would be interested in Nifty Futures, BankNifty & CNXIT Futures too and would be adopting the same money management strategy as above.

For Nifty & Related Sector/Index Futures i still have to go through your thread and your concepts of pivots so leaving that for later on.

Would request you to recomend me 4 to 5 scrips with which i could have a presence in all the above forms of trading.

Am also eagerly awaiting your regular recommendations so that i can try and practically follow and understand the system as and when you recomend the same.

PS: The above strategy is for account no - I for account no II will trade as per the recommendations on this thread by you and by Anant's System - depending on the resources and time available.

I know i have set myself a tall order but thats the way i am.
Also, would be helped by my better half :p

So guys wish me luck.

Thanks in advance
God Bless
Regards
Floyd

PS: Keeping not only my fingers but my hands and feet crossed too :rofl:

shinchan

All The Best Floyd:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.