Stocks To Keep A Close Eye On

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnbondre

The final link of when clicked i get a message, No thread specified. This link is no longer valid. Sir, please check it.
BOLINGER BAND & CROSSOVER
http://www.traderji.com/equities/3066-nifty-fifty-94.html#post390679

Yeh,

You are right,

This list I prepared long back and was not in touch as Savant SIr, was not there. Anyway thanks for pointing out. I checked it just now and see the bellow, the latest posting.

Sometime you get the link sometimes not I got it luckily and posting it here for the benifit of other members.

==============================================================

http://www.traderji.com/equities/3066-nifty-fifty-95.html

2nd March 2010, 10:50 PM - Add Post To Favorites
AMITBE
Moderator Join Date: Mar 2005

Re: NIFTY FIFTY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread was started by me. Through different phases of its evolution, it became like a daily feature/commentary on the Nifty, in a style of my own. Go through some back pages to understand what I mean. For its content and readership, this thread was made into a "sticky" one.
At some point I stopped writing here, though it continued to remain "sticky".

The general content that gets posted here lately makes me feel that this thread is not worthy of remaining "sticky" any longer.

This is by no means a judgement on the content being posted here now. This is an open forum, but it is expected that members be discerning and aware when they post content, and choose where to post it. This is not always the case.

So, as of now, this thread is being "unstuck".

AMITBE.

========================================================================

cnbondre

fjl24

Hi Savant

Firstly, Welcome back. Hope you had a fruitful break.

Have never traded your system till date as have been a late entrant on your thread.

But have religiously been reading your posts from page 1 will do so till i come upto date with the latest post on this thread. Have kept a target of April end for it at the max.

Have already finished reading your part II thread and am online on that.

(I guess a couple of members may be thinking i am insane to start reading from the very begining but i have no regrets becasue there are many gems hidden in them and inspite of all my readings till date i only ended up adding a lot to my knowledge more so on the regulations and other aspects that effect the trading world in particular which i had no clue of).

I must admit one thing though - not trying to flatter you or apply butter/maska but i am awe struck with the wide range of knowledge that you possess about this field more so since i read in an earlier post that you are from a completely different background i.e. an architect.

That gives me 2 clears signals - you are what i usually term "God's Favourite Child" or you have burnt the midnight lamp for many many years to acquire that much knowledge and exposure.

Well coming back to the main question - till page 328 have read all about both the crossover systems including the BB part the entries at the previous days high, the concept on stop losses, the reducing SMA for the stop losses from 50 to 10 for 20X50 system and the money management rules etc.

I myself have run the afl's explorations with the given criteria's but now coming to the practical aspects of trading. I hope i am not jumping the gun as have just read upto page 328 only till now.

My query is:

1. Do you enter plainly and blindly at the crossover (after that glance at the BB band for further analysis) or do you apply other criteria to further filter the shortlisted candidates.

This question may irritate you a bit but the reason why i am raking it up again is because you must have seen so many charts till date that at a glance you can decifer intutively the good from the bad without even moving a finger or a blink (sub conscious mind/habit inculcated by years of practice).

But in a newbie's case like myself - i observed some whips saws in both the 5by6 as well as the 20by50 crossover systems.

How does one try to reduce the whipsaws i do understand completely avoiding it is just not humanly possible.

Should i enter a trade only if:

a) Expansion Breakout:
Stock Made A Two Month High & Day’s Range Was Large.
Therefore, Stock Has A Greater Chance Of Going HIGHER In The Short Term -Next 4 To 5 Days.

b) Trend Reversal To BULLISH:
Stock Was In A Downtrend & Now It Is In An Uptrend
20 DMA Has Crossed The 50 DMA To The Upside.

c) Buy On Retracement For Strong UP Trending Stock:
Stock Has A Strong Uptrend & It Made A Brief Retracement.
Therefore, Stock Has A Greater Chance Of Going HIGHER In The Short Term - ext 4 To 5 Days.
Suggested Strategy: Buy A Little Above Previous Trading Day's High & Place A S/L A Little Below Previous Trading Day’s Low

d) Buy On Trend Reversal:
Stock Was In A Downtrend & Gapped Lower BUT It Ended The Day Higher
Therefore, Stock Has A Greater Chance Of Going HIGHER In The Short Term - Next 4 To 5 days.
Suggested Strategy: Buy A Little Above Previous Trading Day's High & Place A S/L Sell A Little Below Previous Trading Day’s Low.

e) Trend Reversal To BULLISH:
Stock Was In A Downtrend & Now It Is In An Uptrend
20 DMA Has Crossed The 50 DMA To The Upside.

Or just even if it is purely a crossover as per the sma's.

My apologies if you have answered this query anytime after page 328 in which case i will come back to you only at the end of April 2010 as i have a moral responsibility to first completely read your thread before posing any questions to you.

By the way before i windup - am having difficulty to analyze the BB bands concepts too i.e. 9,2 system as it is very easy in hindsight but in the absence of knowledge predicting the right side of the charts seems to be very difficult.

I found that inspite of the candlestick piercing the upper or lower bands my expectations of a reversal or retracement to the other end of the band was just not happening and the prices continued in the same direction.

Thanks in advance
God Bless
Regards
Floyd:thumb:

Hi Arvind,

You Have Done Us All Proud, The Way You Stormed Through.

I Have Always Believed, How Fast One Learns Is Directly Dependent On Your Interest In The Subject & Fire In The Belly.

Now Coming To Stop Loss If Following 20/50 Where The Profit Target Is Mentioned, When A Fresh BUY Triggers Ideal S/L Should Be LOW Of 50 DMA & If You Are More Comfortable With Trailing S/L Then Each Day That Goes By After Your Entry, Reduce DMA By 1, That Means On The 2nd Day Day After Your Entry You Will Calculate 49 DMA LOW From Present Day For Next Days S/LTill You Reach 10 DMA, Thereafter Previous Days LOW Should Be OK....

To Illustrate This Further.

If You Made An Entry On Monday Your S/L Will Be 50 DMA LOW For Entry Day.
For Tuesday You Will Calculate 49 DMA LOW, For Wednesday 48 DMA LOW So On & So Forth.

Happy & Safer Investing

SavantGarde

Last edited:

fjl24

Hi Anant

Not sure whether you have done any AFL's on the cross over systems as such.

Seen something done by Kenneth though.

Any way of incorporating this concept of reducing SMA's in the AFL once you get a buy trigger based on the 20by50 crossover system.

The reducing SMA's begining from 50 as the original SL and continuing/ending at 10 until and unless the crossover happens earlier.

Thanks in advance
Regards
Floyd

Hi Arvind,

You Have Done Us All Proud, The Way You Stormed Through.

I Have Always Believed, How Fast One Learns Is Directly Dependent On Your Interest In The Subject & Fire In The Belly.

Now Coming To Stop Loss If Following 20/50 Where The Profit Target Is Mentioned, When A Fresh BUY Triggers Ideal S/L Should Be LOW Of 50 DMA & If You Are More Comfortable With Trailing S/L Then Each Day That Goes By After Your Entry, Reduce DMA By 1, That Means On The 2nd Day Day After Your Entry You Will Calculate 49 DMA LOW From Present Day For Next Days S/LTill You Reach 10 DMA, Thereafter Previous Days LOW Should Be OK....

To Illustrate This Further.

If You Made An Entry On Monday Your S/L Will Be 50 DMA LOW For Entry Day.
For Tuesday You Will Calculate 49 DMA LOW, For Wednesday 48 DMA LOW So On & So Forth.

Happy & Safer Investing

SavantGarde

fjl24

Hi Savant

These and many others are the gems that i am mentioning about on your thread.

These posts of yours re-inforce my views and thought processes.

Quite a few consider me to be crazy to think on these lines after almost being 25 odd years in a particular field/career (other than trading).

I have 20 plus years more for my retirement if i continue on the present path i.e. service but my 6th sense and my heart is telling me something else.

Not repenting reading all the posts from page 1 - am at around page 380 now and would be putting in on an average 8 to 10 hours per day on your thread to reach that magic figure of page 1111 soon.

Regards

Bunny,

Hmmmm....Question Very Close To My Heart.....& I Stopped Asking A Long Time Back.

I Dropped Out Midway Through SYJC (Second Year Junior College)
But That Hasn't Deterred Me From Teaching People Who Are Pursuing Their Phd......:)

Now Coming To Choosing Between Job Or Being On Your Own, If You Want The Safety Of A Pay Packet Whether You Perform Or Not Then A Job.
If You Want To Be The Master Of Your Own Universe & Brimming With Confidence & Have A 'Never Say Die' Attitude Then Definitely Without A Second Thought, Being On Your Own.

SavantGarde

fjl24

Hi Savant

How does one identify stocks which are under operators control.

Had read your previous post on FII, DII etc but other than these guys i mean the plain operators who may be working as per instructions of the promoters or cartels etc.

How do we indentify these scrips using TA (other than the normal accummulation/distribution concept i.e.)

Thanks in advance
Regards

Chait,

Operator Based, Therefore It Will Keep Moving Up As Long As The Market Keeps Moving Up....HFCL, Is Another One By The Way

While I Don't Keep These Stocks On My WatchList, You May Enter & Exit At First Sign Of Rumble.....:)....Beyond That Can't Offer Much More.....I Realise You Are Itching To BUY Things...For Short Term.

There Are Much Safer Ones Such As RNRL, RPL, IFCI, C&C, DCB, BAGFILM, ERACON, GDL....Blah Blah

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

fjl24

Hi Savant

This is a question related to the forex market.

Am posting this query on behalf of a friend of mine who is interested in forex trading and residing in a small town in the North.

The queries are:

1. Can an individual trade in forex as of date or are the restrictions by RBI still on.
2. If one forms a PVT LTD company then can he trade forex through the Corporate entity.

If the answer to 2 above is yes then does he need to apply for any licences etc. to the RBI for trading in forex.

In case you have a link to any RBI circulars too then would be highly appreciated.

Where my friend is residing there is no RBI branch over there.

Nevertheless i have asked him for the moment to approach the bank having authorised forex dealing branch and pose his questions to them too as he would have to make remittances in forex vide form A2 just in case he opens an account through them.

Thanks in advance
Best Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.