Stocks for the long and short term portfolio

Einstein

Re: Adag

Waiting for stock to be cheap on the weekly and monthly time frames is very important for investing. Else, one could end up buying expensive.

For ex. I am pretty sure than ALL ADAG stocks are expensive now. One will most definitely see lower prices in the near future. They need atleast 25% more correction to even take the risk.
since you are talking about anil dhirubhai's stocks. whats your views on reliance capital??

Mr.G

Adag mixed feelings from them.

jamit_05

Re: Adag

since you are talking about anil dhirubhai's stocks. whats your views on reliance capital??
Two reasons why RCAP will form a part of my portfolio is because I believe that the group will survive the next decade and the price is cheap, near all time lows.

The entire finance sector is suffering. And with the funds flying back to the US it might get worse.

So, within a couple of down cycles in Nifty this stock is very likely to trade near 107, 2004 Lows.

Last edited:

jamit_05

Another stock worth a look: Wockhardt. CMP 890

It will be super cheap in the band of:

Rs. 250 to 400

The only reason for purchasing this stock is because its upswings are likely to be monstrous.
The company has shown resilience in the past. Has seen many downs and a few ups. I hope these guys have a plan for future.

Mr.G

These two Ambani 's are stupid, they steal from the government and shareholders. Their father was a great man, he only stole from the government and respected the shareholders. They will surely ruin their fathers legacy. I personally don't like them, but if their father was alive I surely would have had adag.

jamit_05

These two Ambani 's are stupid, they steal from the government and shareholders. Their father was a great man, he only stole from the government and respected the shareholders. They will surely ruin their fathers legacy. I personally don't like them, but if their father was alive I surely would have had adag.
Such kind of repulsion makes Adag stocks prone to wide swings, both, above and below the mean. I think, we as investors, could make use of Anil's mis-reputation.

RCap reached an all time high of Rs.3000 before the 2008 crash. Since then it has made a high of 1100 in 2009.

I intend to buy it at 2004 low of 107 and not a penny higher. No matter what.

So, if I conservatively consider 2009 high as the price's max reach then that is still a 10 times growth!

jamit_05

BHEL is being battered down in a major way. Everybody has given a SELL call on it. Therefore, a big down bar on the monthly chart is likely.

Have set a purchase price on Bhel for Rs.100 and then Rs.40 (2004 Low).

It is a dividend giving stock, with a good cash pile. The reason it is losing ground is because it has dues from the power sector making its FCF possibly negative for the year. But, times will change. Hence, am prepared to hold this stock for a couple of years at least.