Stocks for the long and short term portfolio

Einstein

If you see their accounts almost all media firms work in favor of their chief employees and not for shareholder. They use alot of accounting loops so that they don't have to pay the shareholder alot of money and distribute most of it among themselves or other beneficiaries.
just to add to this... DishTV is also hiding its revenue... i have solid information on that. they don't plan to show it for few more quarter but when they start showing proper figures stock can go upto 200 mark.

Mr.G

just to add to this... DishTV is also hiding its revenue... i have solid information on that. they don't plan to show it for few more quarter but when they start showing proper figures stock can go upto 200 mark.
Call it a bias but I don't like media stocks.

Relish

If you see their accounts almost all media firms work in favor of their chief employees and not for shareholder. They use alot of accounting loops so that they don't have to pay the shareholder alot of money and distribute most of it among themselves or other beneficiaries.
so you are saying stay away from erosmedia : all media shares

Mr.G

Yes my friend. It's just my opinion. I don't invest in them, try to focus on utilities or other core essentials or FMCG. They are good long term bets. Read my previous posts in this thread. Many may not agree with me, but also stay away from banks. They tend to get very volatile during stressful times and shoot very high during bull markets. Not good investments for a conservative fund manager like me.

jamit_05

And the churning continues.

As Nifty goes up, underperformers reluctantly go up; Some marginally. And when Nifty falls, they lead the fall.

As Nifty heads for 5600 again, Bhel will reach 2006 lows... 116. It appears inevitable.

jamit_05

For some months, Index is being propped up by a select scrips in IT, Pharma, FMCG; namely HUL, TCS, ITC; the heavyweights

The problem is that these charts are now showing exhaustion: A huge strong bar after a decent rally. Now, a major reversal may or may not happen, but surely reversion to the mean is on the cards. That means a 20% fall in these scrips.

This could drag the index down by at least 10%.

The energy sector is relieved due to good RIL results and free-chit to increase petrol and diesel cost. This can cushion the fall of the index since Energy comprises of 10.70% of Nifty.

jamit_05

Adag

I know for sure that not a single Value Investor would have ADAG stocks in his portfolio. But, I can get a stock which

1) Will be around for the next decade
2) Is available cheap
3) Has a strong upside

Then I am game.

Adags may be scandalous, but will be around for a long time. Ambanis have the clout.

In the next down leg of Nifty, these stocks are likely to touch near all time lows. Hence have set purchase price for Rel Infra at 2002 Lows of Rs. 190, for Rel Cap 2011 low of 230;

The upside is mind-boggling: Rel Infra has made a highest High of 2600 and Rel Cap of 3000;

Relish

Re: Adag

I know for sure that not a single Value Investor would have ADAG stocks in his portfolio. But, I can get a stock which

1) Will be around for the next decade
2) Is available cheap
3) Has a strong upside

Then I am game.

Adags may be scandalous, but will be around for a long time. Ambanis have the clout.

In the next down leg of Nifty, these stocks are likely to touch near all time lows. Hence have set purchase price for Rel Infra at 2002 Lows of Rs. 190, for Rel Cap 2011 low of 230;

The upside is mind-boggling: Rel Infra has made a highest High of 2600 and Rel Cap of 3000;

You are saying wait for 2 to 4 month for these level then invest on these.

jamit_05

Re: Adag

You are saying wait for 2 to 4 month for these level then invest on these.
Waiting for stock to be cheap on the weekly and monthly time frames is very important for investing. Else, one could end up buying expensive.

For ex. I am pretty sure than ALL ADAG stocks are expensive now. One will most definitely see lower prices in the near future. They need atleast 25% more correction to even take the risk.