SMS/email alerts

Hi Guys,

I am a new short term trader in NSE cash segment.

I am looking for a website where I can configure my stocks to get price alerts on sms or email. I understand its going to be on payment basis.

My profession does not allow me to sit on the computer and monitor the prices, but I am never very far away from internet so if I get an SMS I can act on it, or if I get am email I can act on it as soon as I read it.

I have seen the service on moneycontrol.com, but it does not let me configure the price alerts (it has a stupid 10% above and below alert) and cost appears to be slightly on the higher side. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I am interested in something that I can pay per alert basis.

Regards,
Jitendra

Hi Guys,

My profession does not allow me to sit on the computer and monitor the prices, but I am never very far away from internet so if I get an SMS I can act on it, or if I get am email I can act on it as soon as I read it.
Hi Jitendra,
Even I am in very similar situation, and seriously looking for such products in any websites, and shell share here when I find one.

did you try any product which offer market watch on mobile phone. (GPRS/ EDGE connection is required).

Tapaswi.S

I am looking at something that sends me a message and is cheap. Like 50p-1Re per sms. Edge/GPRS aren't that cheap and I am on reliance :D

Also as I said I can't be checking the market all the time, like when I am in a meeting. But "someone" sending me SMS is not my fault ;) .

The scenario that I am trying to solve is I buy some stock and then go about my life/work till I get a message stating my target achieved or SL hit. Then I can get back to my comp ASAP and take appropriate action.

This kind of service will save me the time and effort of continuously monitoring my portfolio during market hours.

skarpio

The scenario that I am trying to solve is I buy some stock and then go about my life/work till I get a message stating my target achieved or SL hit. Then I can get back to my comp ASAP and take appropriate action.
By the time you get back to your comp, the scrip might (or most certainly will) have moved off of your target/SL. Murphy's Law states that anything that can go wrong will go wrong. Isn't it better to call up your RM before going in to a meeting (when you are in a trade) and ask him to sell it off at your target price? Also, helps to manage stops, doesn't it?

Meeting was just an example. Even when I am sitting on my desk and doing work or working away from my desk, its very distracting to keep checking the prices.

We can always set reminders for SL + 0.1% or so to avoid the situation of missing the point.

Last week was a very busy week and just could not keep an eye and lost about 1k rupees extra in 2 stocks because my SL was hit and I could only see it after the market hours. Looking for something that can help me avoid it.

Also if I am owning 10 stocks at a time, I would need to give him 20 prices to keep an eye on. Don't think thats possible humanly for him to do it for all his clients.

I believe RMs are better utilized to pick up or sell 1 or 2 stocks rather than keep an eye on entire portfolio.

rkkarnani

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a website where I can configure my stocks to get price alerts on sms or email. I understand its going to be on payment basis.

I have seen the service on moneycontrol.com, but it does not let me configure the price alerts (it has a stupid 10% above and below alert) and cost appears to be slightly on the higher side. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,
Jitendra
I dont know the cost, the quality or the reliability, but there is a link on Moneycontrol.com for such service, something called mobile services!!! May be of use to you!! Just checkit out!!!!
Please post your feedback on this here for the benefit of others.
Thanks.

I am surprised that not many people need such a utility?

Or is this community primarily for day traders and investors?

Someone please answer if this is the right place for short term investor queries.

praveen taneja

Hi Guys,

Regards,
Jitendra
hi bro u can use rediffmail for ur alert in free of cost just leave ur stock name n ur tgt price n u will get an email whenever that price hit:p