Sharing my trades with proper trade setups

Hello nithxp,

I am unable to understand your question properly.

Just ask me the question and with chart if possible, I will give you my honest reply.

SaravananKS

Hello Friends,

I am surprised that no one is taking interest in this thread.

Are traders or readers interested only in exact entry and exit points without so much details or rationale behind the trade ? If so then I will change my writing style.

I don't want to boast about myself but kindly check my previous entries.

I said only about below mentioned three trading opportunities till now.

DLF as predicted is up and didn't break the level of 120-124. But now it has started showing signs of trouble.

Currency is weak as predicted by me on last Sunday.

NIFTY is facing tough resistance in the RESISTANCE ZONE mentioned by me and it has come down from it.

I may be wrong in the future and then I will try to learn from them but I know one thing that edge is always with me so overall it will be a profitable situation. If I start loosing edge then only I will give it a serious thought.

Questions are welcome.
STRATEGICINVESTMENTS who said no one took interest on your thread??

Many are here following this Thread May be They might forget to Press Thanks Button That is all....

Normally When things go as per your forecast no body will tell any thing..... But if your forecast went wrong then lot of reply would be there :)

It is common human nature So Please continue your good work:thumb:

DIVYEDIX

Hello Friends,

I am surprised that no one is taking interest in this thread.

Are traders or readers interested only in exact entry and exit points without so much details or rationale behind the trade ? If so then I will change my writing style.

I don't want to boast about myself but kindly check my previous entries.

I said only about below mentioned three trading opportunities till now.

DLF as predicted is up and didn't break the level of 120-124. But now it has started showing signs of trouble.

Currency is weak as predicted by me on last Sunday.

NIFTY is facing tough resistance in the RESISTANCE ZONE mentioned by me and it has come down from it.

I may be wrong in the future and then I will try to learn from them but I know one thing that edge is always with me so overall it will be a profitable situation. If I start loosing edge then only I will give it a serious thought.

Questions are welcome.
it is a good thread so far, some are following without contributing or discussing like me.

Thanks DIVYDIX and SARAVANANKS for your motivational words.

Now the next Call.

Reliance is facing tough resistance between 895 and 900. Take it as a Resistance Zone. Next resistance is at 915.

R1 Zone = 895 - 900

R2 = 915.

One can short safely at R1 zone with proper stop loss above this zone.

Happy Trading

Hello Friends,

Its always easy to read conveniently in points instead of paragraph. Its easy for future reference also. I will try to write in this way now.

My views about the NIFTY INDEX are as follows:

1. No sign of weakness yet. Increasing freely with volume.

2. Its in resistance zone of 6133 to 6230.

3. R2 or next / last resistance level above this is

R2 = 6357 (8th Jan 2008)

Price came near to it only on 5th Nov 2010 and made a high of 6338.50. Short of 20 points approx. Can be checked easily on Monthly charts of Index.

4. Volume is still not so high that one can say that it will breakout the resistance.

5. I still have bearish sentiments in NIFTY so I am waiting for right time to enter short. Not going to participate in bull runs. If someone is taking long positions in Nifty Futures than it is suggested to cover longs or tight the stop loss at the first sign of weakness which is expected soon.

6. Market may move Upside for 100 or 150 more points so its suggested to wait for the right time to take short positions. Please read point 5 above. This is the time to wait and watch for the right opportunity. Market is already in overbought position.

7. Sometimes Fundamentals come in and disturb the Technical things and this is the same time. Because of US sentiments market is getting support or professionals are using it to take market high and create an UP wave so that when public becomes bullish they will take short positions and bring the market down suddenly. Markets are dynamic and keep changing, so we will also keep analyzing markets on everyday basis and also on intra-day basis and will enter short at the first sign of weakness which is about to come soon.

Now about RELIANCE

8. Reliance is moving up and stop loss is hit in that script. R2 is at 915 and R3 = 927. Just wait for the weakness in it. Energy Index is at almost resistance. So just wait for the right time now. No positions at present.

About DLF.

9. DLF is clearly showing signs of trouble now. Not recommended to remain in this script now. Right time for tightening of stop loss or for booking profit.

10. DLF's volume has decreased from 1.02 crore (15th Oct, Close = 153.55) to 56 lakhs (18th Oct, Close = 157.30) with a increase of 4 points approx (On the basis of closing price). Its a clear sign of weakness.

One thing that I want to bring in your notice that I watch market whole day but take positions only 8 to 10 days in a month.

Happy trading

Last edited:

niftytaurus

Hi Strategicinnvestment
thanks for this brillant thread..its very useful for beginner like me & as well as other traders.
I have been following this thread...it gives me insight in good chart reading skills.i have impressed by your chart reading skills..you are brilliant...
Please share how do a beginner start in chart reading skills....could u please suggest some books which should be reading to learn those skills..please share ..
kindly explain how do a beginner start learning price action & chart reading like u..how do we start..what should we read & learn ..how do we practice those skills...please share ..& please also share whatever u feel that is useful for enhance our skills in chart reading
Thanks

Hi Strategicinnvestment
thanks for this brillant thread..its very useful for beginner like me & as well as other traders.
I have been following this thread...it gives me insight in good chart reading skills.i have impressed by your chart reading skills..you are brilliant...
Please share how do a beginner start in chart reading skills....could u please suggest some books which should be reading to learn those skills..please share ..
kindly explain how do a beginner start learning price action & chart reading like u..how do we start..what should we read & learn ..how do we practice those skills...please share ..& please also share whatever u feel that is useful for enhance our skills in chart reading
Thanks
hello sir,
i just noticed ur thread. Great analysis.
Please don't feel that - all need calls and no one is in interested in analysis.

It's not like that. Please keep sharing knowledge. Many must have mised thread.
Hi Niftytaurus and XUV-500,

Thanks for your kind words.

Trading is also like a schooling. There is not much difference between the two. People who trade without proper Trading-Schooling are bound to fail either slowly or in one shot. Just imagine about a person who never goes to school or knows how to write or read and what will happen if he tries to give any competitive exam ? Same is with trading. People who don't have any fundamental or technical knowledge are bound to fail. Only few who are good in MONEY MANAGEMENT will be able to save his money or they will loose money so slowly that they will learn the required skills before loosing the whole money. One more thing, during the process of loosing money all will think that they are just one step away from making money (False Hope) so they will come again into the market with fresh money & energy with a hope of making money.

Just like every field is not suitable for everyone same implies to trading. This field is not for everyone. So first check this thing, whether one is suitable for trading or not? It requires lot of time, mind to analyse after closing markets, fast thinking or decisiion making is required during intraday, habit for sitting long hours etc. One who is thinking of making money quickly or want to multiply his money many times are not in the right direction. All are my personal opinion and you may not be agreed.

Like in schooling we all learn almost all subjects (in just introductory form) till 10th then in 11th we starte specializing one field like science / arts / economics. In college that single field is also becomes more focused like till 12th if you have studied science then in college you will either go for MBBS, Engineering, B Pharma, Maths etc. So till PHD one will just keep focusing on finer things. Same is with Trading. One should learn everything or just get yourself acquainted or just get familiarize with all the fields of trading just like up-to 10th. Then move to the next step as per one's choice and keep going in depth till one attains profound efficiency.

There are many books available on various threads on this site or on many other sites. Just check them please. I would like to recommend John Murphy's Technical Analysis book or Edward and Magee's book. Any one of them is sufficient for detailed introduction of all fields of markets. AFTER THIS JUST CHOOSE YOUR POISON AS PER ONE'S TASTE.:clapping:

Please feel free to pm / mail me for further recommendation. I will try to give you best advice as per my knowledge and one's need.

One more thing. Whether you are wrong or right but please never trade without proper STOP LOSS. Never. This is the best thing for new comers as well as for advanced trader's. No one can be correct always.

I want to bring in your kind knowledge that no book is complete or perfect for trading. Like me many other persons have gone through various books. Only those who have developed something on his own are surviving in this field. One very basic thing that I have learned from my experience by watching positions continuously is that only equity's charts is not enough to reach at some conclusion about the stocks position. One should watch Future's and Options positions also. Just like a DLF's position. Cash / Equities chart was showing that it would break the support but Futures chart was saying just different. Futures have generally 10 times more volume then cash. And relative strength in comparison to NIFTY was just confirming the above fact. No one will find this whole process in any book. Its just an example. Everyone will learn such tricks with experience. So please just don't depend on books.

Last thing. News is enemy number one of public. Don't use it for trading. Neither news nor tips. Use your own analysis. Anyone can learn this if he has required skills for trading plus time and devotion.

Welcome to trading!!

Regards

Strategic Investments

Last edited:
Hi Niftytaurus and XUV-500,

Thanks for your kind words.

Trading is also like a schooling. There is not much difference between the two. People who trade without proper Trading-Schooling are bound to fail either slowly or in one shot. Just imagine about a person who never goes to school or knows how to write or read and what will happen if he tries to give any competitive exam ? Same is with trading. People who don't have any fundamental or technical knowledge are bound to fail. Only few who are good in MONEY MANAGEMENT will be able to save his money or they will loose money so slowly that they will learn the required skills before loosing the whole money. One more thing, during the process of loosing money all will think that they are just one step away from making money (False Hope) so they will come again into the market with fresh money & energy with a hope of making money.

Just like every field is not suitable for everyone same implies to trading. This field is not for everyone. So first check this thing, whether one is suitable for trading or not? It requires lot of time, mind to analyse after closing markets, fast thinking or decisiion making is required during intraday, habit for sitting long hours etc. One who is thinking of making money quickly or want to multiply his money many times are not in the right direction. All are my personal opinion and you may not be agreed.

Like in schooling we all learn almost all subjects (in just introductory form) till 10th then in 11th we starte specializing one field like science / arts / economics. In college that single field is also becomes more focused like till 12th if you have studied science then in college you will either go for MBBS, Engineering, B Pharma, Maths etc. So till PHD one will just keep focusing on finer things. Same is with Trading. One should learn everything or just get yourself acquainted or just get familiarize with all the fields of trading just like up-to 10th. Then move to the next step as per one's choice and keep going in depth till one attains profound efficiency.

There are many books available on various threads on this site or on many other sites. Just check them please. I would like to recommend John Murphy's Technical Analysis book or Edward and Magee's book. Any one of them is sufficient for detailed introduction of all fields of markets. AFTER THIS JUST CHOOSE YOUR POISON AS PER ONE'S TASTE.:clapping:

Please feel free to pm / mail me for further recommendation. I will try to give you best advice as per my knowledge and one's need.

One more thing. Whether you are wrong or right but please never trade without proper STOP LOSS. Never. This is the best thing for new comers as well as for advanced trader's. No one can be correct always.

I want to bring in your kind knowledge that no book is complete or perfect for trading. Like me many other persons have gone through various books. Only those who have developed something on his own are surviving in this field. One very basic thing that I have learned from my experience by watching positions continuously is that only equity's charts is not enough to reach at some conclusion about the stocks position. One should watch Future's and Options positions also. Just like a DLF's position. Cash / Equities chart was showing that it would break the support but Futures chart was saying just different. Futures have generally 10 times more volume then cash. And relative strength in comparison to NIFTY was just confirming the above fact. No one will find this whole process in any book. Its just an example. Everyone will learn such tricks with experience. So please just don't depend on books.

Last thing. News is enemy number one of public. Don't use it for trading. Neither news nor tips. Use your own analysis. Anyone can learn this if he has required skills for trading plus time and devotion.

Welcome to trading!!

Regards

Strategic Investments
Hi StrategicInitiative,

I loved your write up, I am new in the trading, just trying from last few months and started in Future and Options. I gone through few PDFs as you said the one from John merphy but not completely.

Could you please advise me from where I can start my studies especially in Future and option market like how to screen the stocks for trade, what are all the indicators I can use to entry and exit ? I am trying few tools like Option Oracle but not sure how to use it so if you have any idea about this please provide information.

Basically being a new in this area I am trying to learn as much as possible to apply it in real world and try my fate so your help on this will really appreciated...