Sharing my trades with proper trade setups

Hi Strategic Investment,
here is another candidate for you in intermediate term- ASIAN PAINT.
Thanks for excellent observation on BHEL & Nifty.
Enjoy the ride!!!!!!!!!!
Oilman Sir,

Its the greatest pleasure for me that you are appreciating my analysis. You made my day !! Thanks.

BTW you deserve this more than me because you predicted the same turn one day before to me. You said after Friday close that MARKET IS BULLISH. I said DEFINITELY NO SHORTING NOW BUT NO BULLISH SIGNS. On Monday, after close, I confirmed that MARKET IS IN STRONG UPTREND, BE READY FOR STRONG UPMOVE. Hence your analysis was one day ahead from my analysis. I am still curious to know how you did that. Please share. I am student and want to learn as much as possible from your vast experience and knowledge. As said by me, already, that you are the first person who predicted turns faster than me. I request you to share your rationale. I know you are very open minded person who is always ready to share knowledge and experience and already many things.

I have seen this message today after market close so was not able to diagnose Asian Paint. (At your sleeping time my day starts) Please give me few hours and wait for postmortem report. I know one thing that there must be something in this. I will figure it out. BTW I have squared off everything today in last one hour hope you also.

Regards

Strategic Investments

Last edited:
Hmmm

In most TA software, I've always noticed one of the plotting style option as HLC and always curious to know on who'd ever want to plot a chart without Open. Now, that mystery is solved, Finally!!! :thumb:

While I follow the convention to do all important calculations and backtesting on "Close" prices, but I being overdosed with "Live in the Present" mantra from all and sundry treat "open" as an opportunity for fresh start whereas "Close" is something that happened in past.

Unfortunately, for many scrips, Open price shown at 9:16AM and close shown at 3:30pm often changes at 5pm after exchange does some data corrections (aka data tampering).

One of the most important ways I use Open is to decide the ROC; so my ROC formula is not 100 * (C - Ref(C, -1))/C but it is "100 * (C - O) / C;

Most Terminals/TA software only show ROC from prior close.

Again, I am not saying this to change your style or experiment with this. You seem to have a excellent chart reading skills, so continue with that. Just sharing alternate viewpoint w/o any implied recommendation

----------------------

Volume data changing is something that I've noticed too but I never actually thought that it was done on behest of few.

As a case in point, all the volume you had carefully posted in this thread does not match with what I downloaded from the exchange using ShubhaLabha is shown in Red

Code:
A. 18.10.13 = 84.13 Cr, Close - 6189 [COLOR="red"]64.89 Cr[/COLOR]
B. 25.10.13 = 86.79 Cr, Close - 6144.9 [COLOR="red"]52Cr[/COLOR]
C. 01.11.13 = 95.25 Cr, Close - 6307.2, HIGH - 6332.6  [COLOR="red"]89 Crs[/COLOR]
D. 29.11.13 = 78.87 Cr, Close - 6176.1  [COLOR="red"]19.07 Cr[/COLOR]
E. 06.12.13 = 83.35 Cr, Close - 6259.9, HIGH - 6300.55   [COLOR="Red"]15.85 Cr[/COLOR]
All prices match 100%
Hello Mastermind,

Welcome to this thread and Thanks for your replies. I appreciate that atleast someone has used the numbers posted by me.

Here is the data from NSE Site

Historical Data for CNX NIFTY
For the period 14-10-2013 to 18-10-2013
Date Open High Low Close Shares Traded Turnover
( Rs. Cr)
14-Oct-2013 6093.00 6124.10 6082.90 6112.70 142173640 5989.37
15-Oct-2013 6147.55 6156.30 6056.55 6089.05 218304334 6745.02
17-Oct-2013 6098.50 6110.75 6032.55 6045.85 230561463 8158.31
18-Oct-2013 6070.90 6201.45 6070.90 6189.35 250339955 8353.23

I have added it using calculator. It is hundred percent same as per my previous posting. Total of four days is 84,13,79,392. Which is exact as per my EOD data. I was really shocked after seeing your post and checked it in hurry but after finding that my EOD's data matches with NSE, I am feeling relieved. Actually I daily download data from NSE site. But I thought that NSE must have changed it after some days and you have downloaded it just now to match my figures. My falcon's data never matches with it. So I have daily routine of downloading it manually as soon as it is uploaded on site then transfer it in Amibroker. Sometimes when NSE don't update nifty's data I add all 50 scipts data in excel sheet and feed it manually in Amibroker and Metastock. I would have feel robbed if NSE changed it after somedays.

I request you to check your data and change your downloader. You have excellent skills in programing. Why don't you develop something new for us ? OK OK we will compensate you. Pls don't forget for NinjaTrader. You can understand my headache.

In most TA software, I've always noticed one of the plotting style option as HLC and always curious to know on who'd ever want to plot a chart without Open. Now, that mystery is solved, Finally!!! :thumb:

Every trader has something mysterious in his analysis. You caught mine now share yours !!

While I follow the convention to do all important calculations and backtesting on "Close" prices, but I being overdosed with "Live in the Present" mantra from all and sundry treat "open" as an opportunity for fresh start whereas "Close" is something that happened in past.

I am unable to understand it properly as English is not my first language but whatever it is I am open to discuss it. Just share how you use open in any analysis ? Then I will reply and may learn something but as you know old habits die hard. (I am using charts in this way for many years.)

Unfortunately, for many scrips, Open price shown at 9:16AM and close shown at 3:30pm often changes at 5pm after exchange does some data corrections (aka data tampering).

Yes you have used correct word. ITS DATA TAMPERING. Either your vendor or NSE has tempered with data during market hours or after market hours. But TEMPERING ZAROOR HUI HAI. But here no penalty because no third empire like in cricket. Sometimes its good like on 16th Dec 2013 Nifty Futures first order was very small just two orders of 283 lots each at 6317.35 and next order was at 6417 and this small order gave wrong spike for whole day in charts and price never touched it again for whole day. Its best to omit or ignore it instead of taking decision on the basis of it. Majority of times volume changes after market hours, its because of many reasons some genuine some not but its not good to add the data of 9.15 to 3.30 with 3.30 to 4.00.

One of the most important ways I use Open is to decide the ROC; so my ROC formula is not 100 * (C - Ref(C, -1))/C but it is "100 * (C - O) / C;

Most Terminals/TA software only show ROC from prior close.

Once upon a time I was very fond of ROC but now don't touch any indicator. Open price is good for you as you are using it in your analysis but still it has no place in my analysis.

Again, I am not saying this to change your style or experiment with this. You seem to have a excellent chart reading skills, so continue with that. Just sharing alternate viewpoint w/o any implied recommendation

Thanks for your kind words. I consider myself as a student and still learning and trying to master it.

I know many analysis direct toward same result. I chose my weapon. It doesn't mean other weapon's are not effective. This weapon suits my style aka mentality and I am comfortable with it. I checked many systems together for many nights and compared them in excel sheets and found that sometimes some work faster sometime others. Volume also give false signals sometimes. I know and for that I have another weapon. STOP LOSS.

Just read the thread . Quite informative ...... Just that its getting lost in the middle of too many threads , I am sure there is a big audience for SI. Keep sharing mate
Thanks Grules for your kind words. I had different plans but you changed my mind.

Regards

Strategic Investments

Hello Mastermind,

I have daily routine of downloading it manually as soon as it is uploaded on site then transfer it in Amibroker. Sometimes when NSE don't update nifty's data I add all 50 scipts data in excel sheet and feed it manually in Amibroker and Metastock. I would have feel robbed if NSE changed it after somedays.

Regards

Strategic Investments
How to upload all datas in Amibroker via excel...?

I am using GCI MT4 and excel 2013..if any options to update all stocks in MT4..

How to upload all datas in Amibroker via excel...?

I am using GCI MT4 and excel 2013..if any options to update all stocks in MT4..
Hello,

I use .csv files. Google it you will get the video's / pictures, explaining how to transfer data through .csv to amibroker. If not able to locate then I request you to pm me. I will sort it out for you.

Regards

Strategic Investments

Last edited:
Historical Data for CNX NIFTY
For the period 14-10-2013 to 18-10-2013
Date Open High Low Close Shares Traded Turnover
( Rs. Cr)
14-Oct-2013 6093.00 6124.10 6082.90 6112.70 142173640 5989.37
15-Oct-2013 6147.55 6156.30 6056.55 6089.05 218304334 6745.02
17-Oct-2013 6098.50 6110.75 6032.55 6045.85 230561463 8158.31
18-Oct-2013 6070.90 6201.45 6070.90 6189.35 250339955 8353.23

I have added it using calculator. It is hundred percent same as per my previous posting. Total of four days is 84,13,79,392. Which is exact as per my EOD data. I was really shocked after seeing your post and checked it in hurry but after finding that my EOD's data matches with NSE, I am feeling relieved. Actually I daily download data from NSE site. But I thought that NSE must have changed it after some days and you have downloaded it just now to match my figures. ....
SI

I also download the EOD data daily and mine also comes from NSE site. I've gone thru 4 downloaders before settling on the I use currently.

I had verified before and once again verified and prima-facie, the Shubha Labha downloading software is behaving correctly.

Therefore, I guess we need to seriously compare the notes and I am sharing all that I know.

Go to following URL (remove spaces)
http:// www . nseindia .com/ archives/equities/bhavcopy/pr/PR181013.zip

This will download a zip file named Pr181013.zip (Data for 18 October 2013).

Inside the zip, you will find total of 21 files. For now, we are interested only in two (Pr and Pd)

Dbl click to open the one named pd181013.csv in Excel and see the value in Cell K2 (name of security is in Cell D2) and title of the column (Cell K1) is NET_TRDQTY; You will find number 649817598 (=== 64.98 Crores)

Then, from the same zip file, also open PR181013.csv file. Again, you will find the same 649817598 in Column I2. Name of security is in B2.

So, naturally, we have a question: where do the magical numbers 250339955 and 8353.23 that you posted are coming from?

Answer: They are sum total of volumes of all 50 shares that form the indice. In PR file, summing up columns I34 to I83 will give you exact 250339955 and summing up H34 to H83 will give you 83532254319 === (8353.23 Crores)

Then, wherefrom does NSE come up with the magical number of 649817598.
Answer: Sum up Cell I34 to I491 in PR file or sum up J34 to J1491 in PD file.

Given that I've answered all the easy question, I have to throw the ball back in your court with a A VERY VERY LOADED QUESTION :rofl:
What is your exact definition of Volume?;

Spot does not have volume data of its own, so is Volume for Spot, whatever NSE says it is or is it sum total of the volume of all things traded involved?

Last edited:
When I plot EOD of NIFTY spot in sharekhan, I see 649817600. (rounded off 649817598 to hundredth place)

SI

I also download the EOD data daily and mine also comes from NSE site. I've gone thru 4 downloaders before settling on the I use currently.

I had verified before and once again verified and prima-facie, the Shubha Labha downloading software is behaving correctly.

Therefore, I guess we need to seriously compare the notes and I am sharing all that I know.

Go to following URL (remove spaces)
http:// www . nseindia .com/ archives/equities/bhavcopy/pr/PR181013.zip

This will download a zip file named Pr181013.zip (Data for 18 October 2013).

Inside the zip, you will find total of 21 files. For now, we are interested only in two (Pr and Pd)

Dbl click to open the one named pd181013.csv in Excel and see the value in Cell K2 (name of security is in Cell D2) and title of the column (Cell K1) is NET_TRDQTY; You will find number 649817598 (=== 64.98 Crores)

Then, from the same zip file, also open PR181013.csv file. Again, you will find the same 649817598 in Column I2. Name of security is in B2.

So, naturally, we have a question: where do the magical numbers 250339955 and 8353.23 that you posted are coming from?

Answer: They are sum total of volumes of all 50 shares that form the indice. In PR file, summing up columns I34 to I83 will give you exact 250339955 and summing up H34 to H83 will give you 83532254319 === (8353.23 Crores)

Then, wherefrom does NSE come up with the magical number of 649817598.
Answer: Sum up Cell I34 to I491 in PR file or sum up J34 to J1491 in PD file.

Given that I've answered all the easy question, I have to throw the ball back in your court with a A VERY VERY LOADED QUESTION :rofl:
What is your exact definition of Volume?;

Spot does not have data of its own, so is Volume for Spot, whatever NSE says it is or is it sum total of the volume of all things traded involved?
Hello Mastermind,

I did all the exercise manually and checked it. I have no clue about that. Just want to say that forget everything and use only correct one ie which is coming after adding all NIFTY 50 STOCKS volumes.

You have raised very very good question. I will write mail to NSE regarding this. I am also surprised to know from where they are getting that surprising number. I don't have much knowledge about softwares or programing that's why I trust them very less. I prefer to do work manually most of the time. Even now I don't scan my folder's for finding stocks, which are best for me. I do it manually one by one. Same applies to volume. I have found different volume figures for NIFTY SPOT in different softwares. Then I added all 50 stocks manually and found it satisfactory for my work and also found it matching with NSE site. Since then I am using it. But after going in depth, as indicated by you, NSE is also giving two volumes. Its just by chance that I am using correct one.

For me the correct definition of Spot Volume is sum total of all the ingredient stocks of that spot. No averaging, no weightage, no mathematical calculation. Simple addition of all the stocks of that spot.

BTW tomorrow onwards NO FRESH BUYING AND IT IS GOOD FOR SHORTING. Hence market will come into its original direction. Best stocks are Reliance, Tatamotors, LT, IDFC and many more. Still doing scanning manually. My manual scanning will take another 2 hours !!

Regards

Strategic Investments