Sharing my trades with proper trade setups

SI ,

Thanks a lot for the reply. :)
Learnt a great deal from your thread and hence i posted in your thread and we are in debt to you for constantly updating your thread. Please keep on posting irrespective of people bugging you .

Market movers = FII ?

I did paper trading from past two weeks and i earned :D .
Today i thought the free fall will continue and sold the contract irrespective of indicators (RSI and Stochastic (8,3, 4) showing in oversold and did not care about pivots. I took a desicion in split second ( greedy ) :annoyed:

I have few questions:

1.) Do you follow only volume price action ?
2.) What if i squared off my position now in NF , will it be done in pre open market tomorrow ?
3.) how important is Gap up and gap down in intraday trading ( margin and futures ) ?

my respects,
Avinash

Hello Avinash, (I was thinking while writing that what type of name is aviact!!)

Its my pleasure that you learnt something from my writings. Keep discussing. This is the best method of learning.

Market opened gap up, much higher, as said by you yesterday. Actually these are the times when fundamentals come in and disturb the technicals. Its a part of trading. TODAY MARKET PLAYERS PLAYED BEARS TRAP.

I did mistake of reading the little distribution as a big enough to move the market down. Lesson learnt and noted.

Nifty Spot touched exact 6300 but I am expecting it to touch or break 6357 of all time high then reverse in downward direction. If you check monthly chart then it is clear that volume is constantly decreasing per month basis and also range is also decreasing. Hence its a bearish indication on Monthly chart of Nifty Spot. Lets price reach there first then we will analyse it. Markets are dynamic hence so our analysis should also change as per market's movement.

Market movers = FII ?

As the term describe MARKET MOVERS mean one who moves market. Orders are orders whether they are from FII or DII or BANKING POOLS or MUTUAL FUNDS or BIG INDIVIDUAL player. 500 lots order has same effect on market irrespective of its source. I don't differentiate on this basis.

Anyone from the mentioned above can be trapped in the market. They also incur losses. ICICIBANK lost Rs 1000 Crores in 2008 crash. Market is supreme.

Two weeks of paper trading is very less for starting in real market. Even though you are ready, first trade in stocks then come into Futures and Options. Even today I trade 60 to 70 percent in Shares and only 30 to 40 percent in Index futures. If you traded using paper and pen then its useless. Do paper trading on the below mentioned site. Its helpful.

https://plus.omnesysindia.com/NestPlus/NSE/login.jsp

I used to trade it on this for many months before entering into real market. One more thing. You will generally win in virtual trading because there is no pressure on mind. Pressure slows our ability to think in right direction at the time of market hours. You will loose in virtual trading only if your strategy is wrong.

Today i thought the free fall will continue and sold the contract irrespective of indicators (RSI and Stochastic (8,3, 4) showing in oversold and did not care about pivots. I took a desicion in split second ( greedy ) :annoyed:

What you are thinking is not your complete mistake. There is one good thing in it that you have started taken decision in split seconds. This is the imp criteria for intraday trading. If one is slow thinker then he should do position trading instead of intraday trading. (My view and I may be wrong also)

Mistake was that you chose wrong direction. Problem is in your knowledge or understanding about the market. Its not a big problem. You need to concentrate on enhancing your trading skills. Gain some knowledge first. It needs some time and energy.

Greed is not bad. Its good but with greed you should also think about your stop loss before entering. If you are correct then its good but if you are wrong then what ? Simple STOP LOSS and out.

Don't use indicators in real time. They will slow you by atleast two to three bar always. One more thing. Whenever you see a volume of 6000 contracts on Nifty One minute bar then take it as a strong support and price generally bounce from it always and majority of times don't break it. Close should be above the middle on that candle. Please check the volume at your entry bar. Second 6200 level was imp level. You took short below and in the nineties. Price generally test these levels and break it by 13 points and mostly retrace back so never put stop loss in this range or don't enter in this range. Hope you got my point.

I have few questions:

2.) What if i squared off my position now in NF , will it be done in pre open market tomorrow ?
3.) how important is Gap up and gap down in intraday trading ( margin and futures ) ?

1. Yes. Only and Only Price and Volume. But its in various forms. Eod Price in Bar, renko, line, kagi & point and figure and all with volume.

2. No, you can't. Pre Open is only for cash segment.

3. Gap is one of the most imp signal on chart. It can be played many ways. Simple is if there is small gap then chances of filling are yes or no. Depend on gap formed why and on which zone. If gap is too big then it can be played in the short direction as soon as price start moving towards filling gap with stop loss at the other side of price.

Thanks for your kind words.

Regards

Strategic Investments

Last edited:
To
STRATEGICINVESTMENTS,

Today accidentally read your thread...its really amazing for me..actually...
I am not a regular trader..last six months only trading little bit...
I like to trade in intraday.....but don't know about Technicals...
kindly suggest or teach me, how to learn technicals...

Purushotham

Hello Avinash, (I was thinking while writing that what type of name is aviact!!)

Its my pleasure that you learnt something from my writings. Keep discussing. This is the best method of learning.

Market opened gap up, much higher, as said by you yesterday. Actually these are the times when fundamentals come in and disturb the technicals. Its a part of trading. TODAY MARKET PLAYERS PLAYED BEARS TRAP.

I did mistake of reading the little distribution as a big enough to move the market down. Lesson learnt and noted.

Nifty Spot touched exact 6300 but I am expecting it to touch or break 6357 of all time high then reverse in downward direction. If you check monthly chart then it is clear that volume is constantly decreasing per month basis and also range is also decreasing. Hence its a bearish indication on Monthly chart of Nifty Spot. Lets price reach there first then we will analyse it. Markets are dynamic hence so our analysis should also change as per market's movement.

Market movers = FII ?

As the term describe MARKET MOVERS mean one who moves market. Orders are orders whether they are from FII or DII or BANKING POOLS or MUTUAL FUNDS or BIG INDIVIDUAL player. 500 lots order has same effect on market irrespective of its source. I don't differentiate on this basis.

Anyone from the mentioned above can be trapped in the market. They also incur losses. ICICIBANK lost Rs 1000 Crores in 2008 crash. Market is supreme.

Two weeks of paper trading is very less for starting in real market. Even though you are ready, first trade in stocks then come into Futures and Options. Even today I trade 60 to 70 percent in Shares and only 30 to 40 percent in Index futures. If you traded using paper and pen then its useless. Do paper trading on the below mentioned site. Its helpful.

https://plus.omnesysindia.com/NestPlus/NSE/login.jsp

I used to trade it on this for many months before entering into real market. One more thing. You will generally win in virtual trading because there is no pressure on mind. Pressure slows our ability to think in right direction at the time of market hours. You will loose in virtual trading only if your strategy is wrong.

What you are thinking is not your complete mistake. There is one good thing in it that you have started taken decision in split seconds. This is the imp criteria for intraday trading. If one is slow thinker then he should do position trading instead of intraday trading. (My view and I may be wrong also)

Mistake was that you chose wrong direction. Problem is in your knowledge or understanding about the market. Its not a big problem. You need to concentrate on enhancing your trading skills. Gain some knowledge first. It needs some time and energy.

Greed is not bad. Its good but with greed you should also think about your stop loss before entering. If you are correct then its good but if you are wrong then what ? Simple STOP LOSS and out.

Don't use indicators in real time. They will slow you by atleast two to three bar always. One more thing. Whenever you see a volume of 6000 contracts on Nifty One minute bar then take it as a strong support and price generally bounce from it always and majority of times don't break it. Close should be above the middle on that candle. Please check the volume at your entry bar. Second 6200 level was imp level. You took short below and in the nineties. Price generally test these levels and break it by 13 points and mostly retrace back so never put stop loss in this range or don't enter in this range. Hope you got my point.

I have few questions:

1. Yes. Only and Only Price and Volume. But its in various forms. Eod Price in Bar, renko, line, kagi & point and figure and all with volume.

2. No, you can't. Pre Open is only for cash segment.

3. Gap is one of the most imp signal on chart. It can be played many ways. Simple is if there is small gap then chances of filling are yes or no. Depend on gap formed why and on which zone. If gap is too big then it can be played in the short direction as soon as price start moving towards filling gap with stop loss at the other side of price.

Thanks for your kind words.

Regards

Strategic Investments
Hi,
STRATEGICINVESTMENTS.

Thanks for everything you are doing for fellow traders/Newbies.

Whenever you see a volume of 6000 contracts on Nifty One minute bar then take it as a strong support and price generally bounce from it always and majority of times don't break it.

Please explain the above statement if possible with charts.

6000 contracts means 3,00,000 volume.:confused:

Hi,
STRATEGICINVESTMENTS.

Thanks for everything you are doing for fellow traders/Newbies.

Whenever you see a volume of 6000 contracts on Nifty One minute bar then take it as a strong support and price generally bounce from it always and majority of times don't break it.

Please explain the above statement if possible with charts.

6000 contracts means 3,00,000 volume.:confused:
Hello Purushotham,

Asking for chart from me is like giving me a punishment. Actually my intraday charts are in different computer. But for you I have started it and searched some charts. Kindly check them.

In 1st image, A,B and C all have 6000 contracts plus volume but close of C is above middle. Hence Low maintained from there.

In 2nd image, A and B both have approx 5700 contracts per minute but the close of B is around middle hence maintained. A's close is at the lower end. Even though A's low is broken but there is no good entry after A bar in short direction. Price is about to change - indications started at A. Now please note at bar C the volume was too low hence it was broken and low not maintained.

In 3rd image, A = 6705 contracts in one minute bar. Hence price bounced back for 1.5 hours and broke it after 1.5 hours and only by 10 points. Just to check supply there and to trap Shorters in wrong direction.

B - 5222 Contracts. Low maintained.

C & D - Low volume bars and are broken in few minutes.

Hope rest is easily understood. So not doing further commentary.

Yes 6000 contracts are equal to 3,00,000. 1 Contract / Lot = 50 in Nifty. I use Futures volume in lots always. Easy to remember.

Hello Shreeux,

Kindly go through my previous posts. If not clear then please PM me, I will try to help you. Learning needs passion and devotion.

Dear Oilman sir,

I request you to sleep properly. I am getting your messages around 5 am almost daily. Not a good routine. I also had same routine since childhood but now, since last one month, I have started going to bed around 12 and now I feel very energetic and in right frame of mind for trading. Analysis and trading is the most dangerous work for health. Long sittings are required in this field and it damages health slowly and continuously. Be cautious before its too late. My humble request.

Hello fellow members,

I forgot to clarify that I am not Mr G, actually that time I was in a mood of joke and later it slipped from my mind to clear it. Mr G sorry if your reputation is damaged. I know Fundamentalist reputation is badly damaged if he starts doing technical analysis. BTW Technical analysis is nothing just a process of doing a Fundamental analysis through charts. No hard feelings, kindly take it lightly:thumb:.

Regards

Strategic Investments

Last edited:

XUV-500

SI
Thanks.
One suggestion- Analysing + trading on 1 min timeframe is very difficult for immature traders.
It's possible to analyse based on 1 min chart.But trades are generally taken on 5/15 min charts.
It will be MUCH useful if you provde inputs on 5 min chart.

Now major dilemma we face when we face gap up/down.
Will you please elaborate wrt 5-6 dec chart.

SI
Thanks.
One suggestion- Analysing + trading on 1 min timeframe is very difficult for immature traders.
It's possible to analyse based on 1 min chart.But trades are generally taken on 5/15 min charts.

Hello XUV500,

Are you really an owner of XUV500 or it will be your next vehicle ?

There is nothing wrong in taking position on the basis of 5/15 min chart and side by side watching 1 min chart. 1 min chart will give you information fast. Suppose you have entered short on the basis of 5 min chart and want to know when to get out. 1 min chart will show you in advance that price is getting support, whenever bar gets around 6000 contracts plus close is above middle but in 5 min chart you may get this information only after 2 or 3 bars later. Hope you got it otherwise I will explain it with chart.

BTW there is one chart which I have uploaded today and is fit for this case. Kindly check the middle chart which I have uploaded in the post no 115. Dated 04.12.13. Here if one was following 1 min chart then he would know that price was going to reverse at 2.09 pm and Nifty's close price of that bar was 6210. But 5 min bar was 1 min away from completing. IE 5 min bar was made at 2.10 pm and at that time the close was 6215 @2.10pm. Hence you would have benefited / get the edge by looking at 1 minute bar. Hope it is clear now.

So you can choose your time frame as per your choice, 5 min / 15 min / 30 min / 1 hour. As soon as setup is complete in your time frame then you can use 1 min for entry and for exit. Got it.

There is nothing wrong in 1 min or 5 min or 15 min or any other time for using setup. For 1 hour player 5 min is too small, same as you are saying about 1 min. Choose your time frame as per your requirement.

I do remember 5th Dec 2013 opening. As I was also carrying short positions but market was opened some 100 points plus. I squared off my positions in loss at opening price and then entered short at around 6328/18 and covered them at 6275/80 approx. Too big gap. Players use this to trap opposite side players here bears and as soon as it is opened the trapped players will buy to cover their shorts hence because of covering the price will move ahead. Who buys at that point simple normal public who thought they missed opportunity. (Can you imagine Market players going long and public taking short !! It never happens. Psychology) Market players play short here. They fill every buy order (of bear who was caught wrong side) as well as fill every public's order of long. Hence Bears are on side after covering their shorts in loss, public is bullish and big players are Short. And the direction will always be of big players. Since no bears are left hence no spike on upside to shakeout the public bears. Price moves slowly and continuously in down direction. This is for big gap play's and always the same story for stocks and indix future. For shorter gap's its a totally different play. It can be filled or can't be. Generally gap is made to trap. Always remember in first five min. GAP IS TRAP. If gap is made to cross some resistance zone then chances of filling is very less. In short, SMALL GAPS CAN BE FILLED OR CAN NOT BE. BIG GAPS ARE ALMOST ALWAYS GOOD TO PLAY IN OPPOSITE DIRECTION. Explain you some other time. BTW covered imp points.

Just remember one thing. Market Maker will always shake you out before going in his direction. Otherwise they won't earn. They are not here for charity. Whether its Govt or Banks or mutual funds or big brokers or Mukesh Ambani or any big investor, they all trade and will never ever give you correct details. NEVER. Otherwise they will loose.

Just remember the case of Mr Rajat Gupta. Reliance was penalized by SEBI just 5 to 8 months back for some insider trading. (I tried searching that news clip in my system but couldn't locate it. Take help of Uncle Google) Its just a tip of ice berg. Picture bahut badi hai dost. So NEWS IS ENEMY NUMBER ONE OF PUBLIC. NEVER USE IT FOR TRADING.

BTW I went little out of topic. But enjoyed sharing my thoughts.

Regards

Strategic Investments

Last edited:
SI
Thanks.

One good thing I missed.

Question is not of timeframe. Analysis and trading on any time frame is very difficult for immature traders.

I said many times, first acquire some correct knowledge and then some special qualities. Only then enter into this war. Market will remain here even after us. But once money lost is very difficult to recover.

BTW I am also now addicted to traderji not good for my studies but Addiction is Addiction.

Regards

Strategic Investments

Last edited: